Knotty and Nice Cabin - Waterfront and Cozy!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Contact me with your best offer on all stays longer than 7 days.
Great 1 bedroom, 1 bath cabin with relaxing screened in porch. Sit
and listen to the wonderful sounds of nature. Furnished with a fully
stocked kitchen ready to cook in, BBQ Grill, gas log fireplace
(seasonal), Cable TV, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, microwave,
hair dryer, iron and iron board and deck furniture. The bathroom
includes a shower with a separate tub for relaxation and a large
closet area. A washer and dryer are also provided for your
Please Note: Our cabin is only for responsible adults and
families. There will be absolutely NO HOUSE PARTIES.
Here is the breakdown of sleeping arrangements:
1 Futon -
1 Sleeper Sofa
1 Queen Bed - Sleeps 2 adults
The cabin is directly on High Rock Lake with a spectacular 4 level
This cabin is also listed for sale. Please email if you want more details.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- 1 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Bedroom 1
- Convertible bed(s)
- Queen size Beds (1) In Bedroom, Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
- 1.0 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Linens Provided:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
Childress Vineyards is open daily and is 6 miles away. Besides RELAXING and enjoying the view, here are some other activities: The Bob Timberlake Gallery is nestled in the heart of Lexington and is located less than 8 miles away. Carmike Cinemas 8 is located in Lexington and offers the latest motion picture releases. Lowes Motor Speedway offers tours and is 40 miles away. Concord Mills is a shopping extravanza with a Nascar Theme Park and outlet shopping and is 40 miles away....morecollapse
- Free Long Distance
- Outdoor Grill
- Winery Tours
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Freshwater Fishing
ReviewsWrite a review
This was my 2nd visit, and it is a comfy rustic getaway. This was a winter visit, so the lake was very quiet, which is nice. The owners have added a half bath downstairs which is great, instead of climbing to the upstairs. I plan to return.
- Guest Susan B.
- Date of stay 02/22/13
- Review Submitted 03/06/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Great little place for the money! My wife and I stayed for 3 days including Thanksgiving and were very happy overall. We were able to prepare a full thanksgiving dinner and watch as much football as we could stand - just like home. The location was a great launch point for Charlotte and Winston and Lexington has some great barbeque joints. A word of caution if you're thinking about the benefits of being located lakeside, though. The lake gets drained in the winter months to allow property owners to work on their docks, which detracts from the ambience of the location. Furnishings could use an update, but the price was excellent. I would definitely recommend this property to everyone but my most finicky friends and family members. The owner was very nice and helpful.
- Guest Tim R.
- Date of stay 11/21/12
- Review Submitted 11/28/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you again for staying with us! High Rock is typically pulled down in November and starts to refill in December. Since your stay, we have a brand new heat pump, new sleeper sofa in the living room, and a new dining table. Thanks for the feedback as we always want to improve for our guests!
My wife and I were looking for a place to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. This place had everything we wanted! It is dog friendly, simple, quaint, quiet and relaxing. We went to Lexington for some bbq and just walking in the downtown area. We would like to stay again next year!
- Guest marcelo p.
- Date of stay 10/18/12
- Review Submitted 10/24/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, pet owners, romantic getaway.
We really enjoyed our time in this little cabin, and had nice peacful few days. The best of both worlds with a good sized open side porch and sitting area .We grilled hamburgers on the grill one night. But spent most of our time on the lrg. screened in porch with veiw of lake and lower deck area. nice shady location for watching boats in the morning and enjoying out of doors.Spent one day just riding D.buggy around the area , over around Lexington .Grocery store and shopping were pretty close by . The Cabin has plenty of storage space for luggage and such , with nice size kitchen and living area.Steps to loft area were alittle scarey at first,but they're not quite as narrow as they seem, when we got to the top and entered the loft area we were rewarded with a really nice bed and bath area, nice spacious hot shower and bath area and plenty of closet space. Sleeping area Kinda reminded me of "Little house on the Praire" with the window by the bed , almost like being in a tree house.. There was plenty to do closeby , but we mostly hung around and enjoyed the peace and tranquility of the cabin and surrounding area. I think this would be a great place for a family with kids who could really enjoy the outdoor areas. As well as a nice place for a couple to get away for some together time. We had to leave alittle early as much as we hated to go, but we won't soon forget the little cabin on the lake.And hope to come again some time soon. Thanks again Cara for really nice vacation!
- Guest G.Ma&G.Pa
- Date of stay 09/11/12
- Review Submitted 10/24/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, pet owners, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway.
We really enjoyed our stayGuest comment entered by owner
We really enjoyed our stay
We really enjoyed our stay there, and will definitely be in touch if we are ever in that area again! Loved the quiet location and the cabin was very comfortable!
- Guest Jean
- Date of stay 09/28/12
- Review Submitted 10/10/12
cozy true log cabin
cozy true log cabin
Small but cozy log cabin with sleeping loft is perfect place to spend time on the lake. If you are looking for the hyatt, this is not your place, but if you like a true log cabin with charm, screened in porch, shaded porch over the lake and dock, then this is your vacation home. perfect for two. Loft has narrow and steep stairs, so not good for disabled. carpet a bit shabby, but clean. cabin is damp, but that is usual for a true log cabin...really enjoyed the week on the lake.
- Guest Laurie G.
- Date of stay 09/15/12
- Review Submitted 10/03/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway.
Buyer Be Prepared
Buyer Be Prepared
You get what you pay for, we all know that to be true. And, a knotty cabin in the woods will have it's share of nature, but this one made us feel as if we were "roughing it" a little more than we bargained for. Though it had supposedly been serviced by the maid, it was in rough shape. It was missing some basic appliances. Bring your own can opener and extra lighting if you go. Bring some linens and blankets. The ones available weren't plentiful or in the best shape. And, bring some indoor footwear. The place has most definitely been pet friendly. Pet friendly is awesome, but the flooring has been sorely ignored. And speaking of things with more than two legs, there were cobwebs hanging in every knotty crook and crevice. Contact with owners is one sided. I had to pursue them on either end of the transaction. They have responded, though they are not terribly quick. It's a cabin in need of attention, but it could be so much more.
- Guest vacaystay
- Date of stay 08/23/12
- Review Submitted 09/21/12
Owner response: We are always looking for ways to improve. We wish the guest would have provided us an opportunity to fix the situation rather than telling us after they have left. As a result, I have specifically asked future guests to be sure to call us if anything is not to their satisifaction. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion.
Best Time !
Best Time !
Great little hidden secret. We are repeat renters and can't wait to start planning our next trip to the cabin. Loved that we could vacation with our dogs. Great dock sitting, boat watching, grilling, fishing and swimming. Could not ask for a better weekend get a way. Thank you Cara !
- Guest Kris
- Date of stay 08/16/12
- Review Submitted 08/20/12
Recommended for: Pet owners, romantic getaway.
Great location; very clean. The upper deck level is fabulous with a wonderful, broad view of the water and a canopy of large trees for shade. We ate all our meals there! If you're looking to relax, this is the place to do just that.
- Guest CarolinaGirl
- Date of stay 06/08/12
- Review Submitted 07/13/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
Nice quiet cabin
Nice quiet cabin
This is a nice,quiet little cabin. The owners are excellent to deal with. The neighbors are friendly also. I would recommend this cabin & the owners to anyone looking for a place to stay on High Rock Lake.
- Guest Justin
- Date of stay 05/01/12
- Review Submitted 06/05/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
May 23 - May 27
3 night min stay
|Summer - Peak Season
May 28 - Sep 3
3 night min stay
- Cleaning Fee: $65
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $100
- Pet Fee: $25
- Taxes Included
1. Check In – 3pm Eastern Time 2. Check Out – 10am Eastern Time 3. NO HOUSE PARTIES. We rent to only responsible adults (25 or older) and families. 4. Cancellations – Confirmed reservations are not transferable. Confirmed reservations may be cancelled by written notice. Reservations cancelled with 30 days or more notice will be refunded the full amount minus 10% cancellation fee. Reservations cancelled within 30 days will be refunded only if the property is re-rented. 5. Smoking is allowed outside only. 6. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. 7. This unit is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. 8. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order 9. Only use appliances for their intended uses 10. Pets are NOT allowed (unless prior approval obtained). Pet hair and pet waste are the responsibility of the renter. 11. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Departure cleaning service is available for an additional charge of $65. If the house is not left in good order and the departure cleaning service was not requested, a fee of $75 will be deducted from the security deposit. 12. [Fireplace: The fireplace is a non-vented propane gas log fired firebox. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace.] [Fireplaces are turned off from April to Sept ; they are not operational during this time of the year.] 13. Storms: No refunds will be given related to storms. 14. Locked Closet: We have a locked closet for our private belongings. Please do not attempt to break into the locked closet. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property. Payment: Guest agrees to pay full balance no later than 30 days prior to arrival. Half of total due is required at time of booking. Reservations are not held until payment is made. Mail contract and check to: 11715 Riverhaven Drive, Charlotte, NC 28214 Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner. Guest agrees to information in Rental Contract Information, Rate Information, and Rental Rules section of this contract. Maximum occupancy is no more than 4 adults and 3 children at any given time. Absolutely no house parties of any kind are allowed. This short term rental contract is made between Cara & David Dowling (homeowners) and the guest in the rental contract information section. THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOURSIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway's most secure form of payment.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
Year Purchased: 2005
Why the Owner Chose High Rock Lake:
This property stole our hearts the second we saw it. We just had to have it. We love coming here ourselves and feel instantly relaxed the second we pull in the driveway!
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Private and tranquil with the comforts of home and the ability to stay connected if you choose!
- Primary: (704) 674-9537 (North Carolina, USA) Please try email first or text me.
- Secondary: (704) 674-9508 (North Carolina, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of the house from the water.
Another view of the dock.
Fully functional kitchen with all of your cooking needs.
Side view of the house.
The two level floating pier and dock.
Queen Size Bed in the bedroom with cable TV.
Living room with a futon now in place of the sofa.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 24, 2013