Te Punga Lodge - the Perfect Year-Round Getaway
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Whangapoua house description
Tucked away on the idyllic Coromandel Peninsula, this house perches on a quiet hill looking down onto the white sanded Whangapoua beach. No ordinary beach house, this was designed by the owners with entertaining in mind.
Beautifully appointed with 100% cotton linen and towels in all 6 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms, this large yet homely accommodation has the capacity to sleep up to 26 people – the master and king guest rooms have their own ensuite, with the 2 queen guest rooms sharing another. For a big group, the mezzanine games room, study and bunkroom can accommodate a further 18 guests.
Te Punga Lodge is north-facing to capture all day sun, with the well-kept gardens providing fresh herbs, fruit and vegetables all year round and native birds and peacocks roaming the property.
Equipped with a chef’s kitchen and scullery, integrated sound and media system, heated flooring, wireless broadband, oceanside jacuzzi, helipad, Sky TV, jet-skis and a hangar big enough to host large functions, this house is perfect for the entertainer or recluse alike. For those seeking a quieter holiday, the house offers complete privacy with enormous UV windows framing the vast sea and rural views. Be it winter, curled up in front of the fire with a glass of wine and a good book, or long summer days spent lazing on the lawn chairs with the BBQ going, Te Punga Lodge is the perfect all year round getaway.
- Vacation Rental
- Smoking Allowed:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 26, Beds for 20-26
- King size beds (2) Master and King guest bedrooms are both very spacious, with king sized beds, large wardrobes, private ensuites and spectacular sea views. Star gaze from bed!, Queen size Beds (2) The two downstairs Queen guest rooms also have stunning rural and sea views, with large wardrobes and share a double vanity ensuite., Sleep Sofa or Futons (3) The mezzanine games room in the hangar has 2 very comfortable fold out sofas, able to accommodate four people. The upstairs study is the perfect place to watch over all the action downstairs while you check your emails, or fold out the sofa for another couple of guests., Bunk Beds (8) The bunk room contains 2 sets of double bunks and 2 sets of single bunks...when you have lots of guests or kids this room can sleep 12 people!...moreless
Bathrooms: 4.75 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils
- Wood Fireplace:
- Parking Off Street:
- Covered Parking:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Petanque court
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Computer Available
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Beach View:
- Jet Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Surf Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- - 40 minute walk to the famously pristine and stunning New Chums Beach - 10 minute walk to the spectacular white sand surf beach Whangapoua - Local coastal fishing charter - Mussel boat fishing - Wharf and rock fishing - Deep sea fishing - White-baiting (in season) - Shellfish gathering Hot Water Beach - One of the area's most prominent tourist destinations is only a short drive away. Hot water beach is a beautiful white sands beach surrounded by Pohutakawa lined cliffs. What makes it special however is that two hours either side of low tide hot water bubbles up through the golden sand and in this natural phenomenon you can dig your own spa pool. Even better this top tourist attraction is completely free! Cathedral Cove - Located in the Te Whanganui-A-Hei Marine Reserve Cathedral Cove has a spectacular cathedral- like arch which separates two secluded coves. It provides a perfect opportunity for those interested in photography to get some spectacular shots of the dramatic arch or for others a wonderful backdrop to a picnic. There are many walks surrounding the area and water sports such as kayaking and diving. Coromandel Town - A delightful two-hour drive up the Pohutukawa Coastline from Auckland or a scenic two-hour boat journey landing into Te Kouma Harbour on the 360 Discovery Ferry. Your holiday truly begins the minute you head in the direction of Coromandel Town. With a wide range of accommodation options, Coromandel Town is the perfect place to stay and explore the Peninsula. Home to a large collection of arts and crafts people, with independently owned stores lining the main street. Crowned Cafe Capital 2011, you will find a generous selection of restaurants and cafes serving an array of locally inspired dishes. Get out to sea and experience the best snapper hot spots on a fishing charter or head north and capture the beauty of the remote coastlines on a guided tour....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Winter (April 1 - October 31): NZ$2,000.00/night Summer (November 1 - March 31): NZ$3,500.00/night Catering is an optional extra and is excluded in these prices. These prices are for up to 15 guests, please contact the owner for large groups. 5 night minimum booking. Shorter stays can be arranged at negotiated rate.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: Vicky Broadbent is a photographer, cook, guide, outdoor enthusiast and homemaker. Vicky grew up on a farm south of Auckland and loves animals and the outdoors. Having lived and worked in Auckland for much of her life, the Coromandel Peninsula and Whangapoua in particular has held a place in her heart for many years as a favourite getaway for her and her family.
Why the Owner Chose Whangapoua:
Designing her dream house in 2006, and project managing the build in 2007, Vicky knows this house like the back of her hand and can tell you stories about every slab of concrete and artwork alike. A well-traveled lady, Vicky has collected images, artworks, furniture and books from around and they have all become an important part of the styling of Te Punga lodge.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Tucked away on the Coromandel Peninsula, the house perches on a quiet hill
The dining area and kitchen are open plan - and made for entertaining
The atrium bridge walkway above the bar area separates the upstairs bedrooms
The jacuzzi - with such a stunning view this is worth enjoying all year round
The view when you wake up in the master bedroom
Queen guest room 1 - shared en-suite and black out curtains for sleepy-heads
Queen guest room shared en-suite - with separate vanitys
The bunk room. Sleeps 12 guests total, with a mixture of double and single bunks
The open plan main living area with wood burning fireplace and 50 inch TV
The Italian chef's kitchen has a fully equipped spacious scullery
Vicky's favourite spot on long summer afternoons, looking out over the Pacific
The master bedroom, with super king bed, balcony, en-suite and walk-in wardrobe
Master bedroom ensuite - with double vanity and rain head shower
Queen guest room 2 - shared en-suite and black out curtains for sleepy-heads
King guest bedroom en-suite
The hangar & mezzanine/games room, with 2 x fold out sofas for extra guests
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013
6 Bedroom / 4.75 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.