Best Price, Top Floor Breathtaking Ocean & Mountain Views 3/2; Puako!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Puako condo description
Recently remodeled with new furnishings and linens! Puako - evoking images of old Hawaii. Truly a rare find nestled between The Mauna Lani and The Mauna Kea resorts. Puako is home to many diverse coral reefs and associated species. The Green Sea Turtles call Puako home and are seen daily at the intimate beaches along the drive steps away from this condo retreat above the deep calming blue of The Pacific. In the winter months the humpback whales come amazingly close to shore in Puako with their new offspring. (We even got to see one being born of this coastline!) The ocean access 4 blocks away is the easiest in Puako to launch kayaks, go scuba diving, snorkeling or just play in the waves. Most locals consider Puako the best scuba diving and snorkeling on the Big Island. In the winter months, ocean swells make the beach park at the end of the road a fine surf and boogie board spot. It is entertaining to watch, even if you don’t want to try it yourself. Five minutes away is Hapuna Beach, the most popular, spectacular white sand beach on The Island.
All new Macy's linens have just been put in this lanai-lined condo with recent paint and refurbishing. There are 4 twin beds and a king-sized bed in the 3 bedrooms. Twins can be put together to make more kings. This is absolutely the Bargain in the area. All tile floors, Hawai'ian art, well-stocked kitchen a lots of beds make this the family retreat of a lifetime! The General Store is next door, so you can jump from the pools (toddler pool is wonderful) to get a cold drink or pupus (hors d'oeuvres) in a matter of minutes.
Don't wait to reserve your days of fun and frolic in the sun, your World Class sunset evenings in this location near 4 Star restaurants and such a long list of beaches and activities, you'll be delighted just to imagine all the pleasure and enjoyment you will experience.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Air Conditioning:
- Parking Off Street:
- Clothes Dryer
- Broadband Access
Location & View
Because this is the best view of all of the condos at Puako, it offers a sliding glass door & lanai with views to the north along the Kawaihae Coast (great fishing & diving charters) AND, for you, is the always unclouded view of the ancient, majestic Kohala Mountain....moreless
- Fitness Center
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Massage Therapist
- Whale Watching
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- You are literally walking in the footsteps of the ancients. Puako is home to many diverse coral reefs and associated species which makes it fantastic for snorkeling & swimming. At the northern end of Puako you will find the Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area and Waialea Bay State Park. Waialea or Beach 69 is a small nice sand beach generally protected from the surf and swell with large driftwood pieces and lava outcroppings. If you are on the Puako road take the first right after about half a mile. You can park by pole 71 and follow signs to the beach. You can hike, swim or snorkel here and there is a picnic area, shower and restrooms. Hapuna Beach is a long wide sandy beach considered the prettiest on the west coast and a popular spot for tourists and locals alike. It has a café, picnic areas and restrooms. It can be very rough with strong currents. It was rated one of the finest white-sand beaches in the world. Sunsets at Hapuna are incredible and you can see the island of Maui 35 miles in the distance. Amenities include: a covered pavilion, picnic tables, showers, restrooms and a small hot dog and cold drink stand. Puako Petroglyphs Ancient Hawaiians called their stone art k'i’i pohaku, or images in stone. The k'i’i pohaku are called petroglyphs, which comes from the greek words, 'petros' for rock, and 'glyphein' to carve. The largest concentration of petroglyphs in the Pacific lies within the 233-acre Puako Petroglyph Archaeological District. These Malama Petroglyhs were made thousands of years ago. The field has over 3000 carvings including paddlers, sails, marchers, dancers, and family groups, as well as dogs, chickens, turtles, and deity symbols. Surfers and scuba divers will love the access at Paniau just a 5-minute walk down the road. The park can be accessed via the Puako beachfront southwards from Paniau (utility pole 143) at the south end of Puako road. There are restrooms and shower facilities here. Petroglyphs are very culturally significant to Hawaiian culture. Please visit these with respect. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Avail after 5/25/13 *High Season & Holidays higher Prefer $3500/mo for 1-5 mo*, & $2500/mo for 6 mos+; depending # occupants Security Deposit depending on length & number in party $150 departure cleaning w/laundry assist. $200 W/O 2taxes for less than 6 months GE 4.166% (Add TA tax 9.25% on shorter than 6 mos.) Tenant pays electric; no charge for parking, wireless internet Please email or call with questions HI Tax Id: W-20295920-01 There is a pass-through of charges for credit card use.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Keahole at Kona at 23 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Queen Ka'ahumanu/Hwy 19 at 0.7 Miles
- Nearest Beach: 100 feet at 0.02 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Hapuna, Mauna Kea or Mauna Lani Resorts at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Mauna Kea and Hapuna at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2008
About: We are the husband and wife team that manage this lovely, magical place for the owners who live a couple of hours away I was born on Oahu and can only tell you that this Island is the Healing Island and the natural Beauty you'll find here and the significant ancient events that happened here, how this Island has birthed not only the Leader that united all The Hawai'ian Islands, but the Kahunas have left as teachings and evidence that they are descended from some of the greatest Earth's civilizations.
There are those that want to stay in the lap of luxury in a gated resort, but This Place is for those who want to sensually experience the warm sand, the cooling waters, the caress of the trade breezes with little on and no worries you are not wearing a Tommy Bahama aloha shirt. It would cost a half a year's wages to stay at a resort with these views and eat in the restaurants that were there. Here you can save your hard-earned money ad still have the memories, new discoveries and photo album to hand down to the next generation with the stories you'll be able to tell.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
If you bring more than a couple, you have got lots of options without getting a 2nd car.. You choose..the men golf nearby at awesome (I mean awesome!) golf courses, the ladies can get pampered at one of the many spas or shop for that rare & treasured logo-wear your friends will envy while the little ones.never have a dull moment, figuring out how many reef fish you've never seen before, how to perfect the cannon ball, or how to hide from each other in the immense open spaces with trails, old & newer OR, you can finally RELAX kicking back with the mai tai and watching the kids laugh in the ocean or pool until they start to shrivel. That night I guarantee they'll fall into bed and sleep the deepest sleep...so will you!
- Primary: +1 877-781-3070
- Secondary: +1 808-889-5505
- Tertiary: +1 808-989-5995 8 AM to 7 PM HST
- Fax: +1 866-521-5750
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from this condo's windows and 2 lanais-taken from the condo
Master suite (king) w/slider to incredible views of Ocean & breathtaking Sunsets
VIEWS FROM THIS GREAT TOP FLOOR VACATION PARADISE
Puako beach right across the street at sunset
Fun in the water snorkeling in Puako
Sunset at the park-end of Puako Beach Drive. Picnic & kiss...with LOTS OF HUGS!
Ocean Views from the lanai of this spacious condo over surrounding properties.
Living Room showing sliding glass doors to two VIEW Lanais.
Adult pool foregound; toddler in background in front of lovely Puako condos
Condo's Pools-Picture yourself here...fun and relaxing.....:>)
View from north lanai of condo
Rent these kayaks within 3 blocks of this hale (home).
See the petroglyphs only a 1/4 mile away
Find shells and watch the honu (green sea turtles) here...within a block.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.