Wonderful Papakea Ground Floor Remodeled Unit
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Honokowai condo description
2BR 2BA sleeps 5 plus queen LR pull-out sofa. Great unit for families or couples--relaxed but well furnished.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Linens Provided:
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- The Papakea Resort is proud to offer FREE full-service concierge services and activity planning, provided by our Expedia Local Expert, right here on property. The coordinators are available 8:00am to 5:00pm daily to help you plan and make the most of your time on Maui. All you need to do is relax and enjoy your stay. Some of these services include: • FREE Island Orientation & Continental Breakfast at 8:30am on your first morning • Activity planning & discounts on all islands, including luaus, snorkeling, helicopter tours & dinner cruises • Dining recommendations and reservations • Massage appointments • Golf tee times and club rental • Interisland one-day excursions to Big Island, Oahu or Kaua’i • FREE Island Maps There are more than 2000 activities to choose from statewide and our experienced concierges are here to help you select the right ones for your specific needs and interests. Start planning your Maui vacation today with our Top 25 Maui Activity Guide, and by contacting our local experts directly at (808) 665-1262 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org...moreless
- Shared Hot Tub
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Lawn / Garden
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
Our unit is located on the ground floor so you can walk directly out onto the lawn toward the pool and beach without having to use the stairs or elevator. A koi pond is directly outside the door attracting birds and providing endless entertainment. Super unit for children who need to be active outside on the lawn--not limited to the lanai of upper floors. ...moreless
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Jet Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- Papakea is a family-oriented resort of the old style--lots of open space for kids to play plus activities on-site for parents/adults. We love the 2 pools with deep ends for the adults and shallow ends for the kids and the 'multi-family' sized hot tubs for the ultimate in relaxation. Located only a few miles north of Lahaina and the Kaanapali area, we have a local supermarket, exciting farmer's market 2 times a week, plus eateries and other entertainment. Our in-house concierge books excursions for fishing, luaus, scuba and snorkel cruises, and a hundred other activities for your participation. A short drive takes you to the grand hotels of the Kaanapali area and the shops of the Whaler's Village where we encourage you to have lunch at the Hula Grill while you dig your toes into the warm sand. Expect to spend the whole day exploring! Just 2 miles beyond is the historic whaling village of Lahaina where visitors and locals share in the excitement of the shops and restaurants along the waterfront. Evening is a great time to snoop about the town with all the street and shop lights aglow illuminating the treats to be found through each doorway. Lunch or dinner at Kimo's or Bubba Gumps is great fun! At one end of town is the waterfront basin where the many deep-sea fishing boats are moored waiting to take you out to catch that record marlin. Also you'll find the excursion boats running daily to see dolphins, visit other islands, snorkle with the turtles, sail on the winds and much more. PLEASE NOTE: The property is doing an exterior renovation project beginning on April 9, 2012. The project will include installing new lanai railings and re-painting building exteriors. The project will focus on only four of the resort's eleven buildings this year (H,J,K,&L). There will be no disruption to guests staying in our Building G. The project should not impede guests from enjoying the resort and its' expansive grounds and lovely gardens and swimming pools. Work will be done Monday-Friday from 8:30AM-5:00PM. Work on Saturdays is possible, but will be avoided, unless necessary. The General Manager and staff will do everything possible to ensure the safety and comfort of all guests. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Our stay at G-103 could not have been better. Our family has selected this unit many times before. The location of the condo is wonderful. The sliding door opens up to a beautiful and expansive pond which has Japanese Koi and is lined by beautiful flowers and native plants and palms. It is also just steps away from the pool, gas BBQ’s and the putting greens. The lanai faces a view of the ocean and neighboring islands, and is an excellent spot for viewing the amazing sunsets. The unit itself is fresh, modern, and perfectly adorned. It also contains everything needed for a family or a couple to create culinary masterpieces in the kitchen, or to simply prepare a snack. We have stayed other places on Maui, but this is our unit of choice when we vacation.
- Guest Dave or Jennifer (Kirkland, WA)
- Date of stay 07/06/11
- Review Submitted 06/15/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, people with disabilities, girls getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Owner response: The number of repeat customers coming to our unit assures us that the unit is more than satisfactory for their stay. And yes, the granite kitchen has new appliances which are top of the line for those wanting to cook in or just prepare food for the BBQ to eat on the lanai. Of course, it is furnished with pots, pans, utensils, plates, glasses--everything you need to live-in. Right next door at the Kaanapali Shores facility is a lovely restaurant we visit quite a bit for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Easy walking distance along the bulkhead, it is super convenient for eating out economically. Across the road in the AAAA facility is the Okazuya take-out with reasonable but excellent food--cash only. Also across the road is the Pizza Paridisio for great italian take-out or eat-in in a very casual atmosphere. Where and what to eat is a very pleasant daily task--so much so convenient.
Highly recommend for families!
Highly recommend for families!
We went there in October and the unit was perfect! The kids were able to play in the lawn right outside the condo, the pool, beach, and BBQ's were steps away. Everything was within walking distance and the kids loved the little park up the way. I loved that the kids could have their own bedroom, letting us adults have a little privacy :) We ended up using the washer & dryer almost everyday since the kids were constantly outside playing. Awesome condo, highly recommend!
- Guest Mauimocha (Gig Harbor, Wa)
- Date of stay 10/15/11
- Review Submitted 06/11/12
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, people with disabilities, girls getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Owner response: The unit is so kid-friendly with all the beach toys they can use from our open guest closet. You will enjoy having the lawn just outside the door rather than a lanai with railings to keep them in as you will find on floors 2, 3, and 4. A public playground with swings and slides is just one block north of the facility, on the beach, across from the Farmer's Market and small shops. Great fun after picking out your local papayas, pineapple, veggie greens and breads for the day. The BBQs are all brand new and only 100 feet from the unit across the lawn. As you can see in the pictures, they are located within the pool enclosure so you can cook while the other family members swim--convenient and close by.
Value period 4/16-6/15 & 8/16-12/15 $175/night Regular period 3/1-4/14 & 6/16-8/15 $210/night Holiday period 12/16-1/10 $290/night Peak period 1/11-2/29 $265/night Add State lodging taxes of 13.42% (#W40206754-01) and 1 cleaning of $140 per visit $500 refundable deposit required to secure your reservation No parking fees, amenities fees, wi-fi fees, tennis fees or safe or other fees.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: Our family, including 3 daughters, husbands, and 8 grandkids come to Papakea every year for our rest, relaxation and escape from the rains and dark skies of Washington State. We began our visits to Maui in 1964 and were pleased to finally find a perfect ground-floor unit we could completely remodel for our family and retirement. The lawns and ocean outside the door are restful for the adults but very handy for the kids to run out and 'exercise'. From the tile floors to the granite countertops, the unit feels like home where we can eat in, hang out, read, or get ready for a romp into Lahaina Town.
Why the Owner Chose Honokowai:
Papakea, and especially our unit, is a home away from home for our family. We looked at many properties to purchase but kept coming back to that feeling of old Hawaii, friendly guests, and a first- class management team at Papakea. It is close enough to all the action of the exciting island of Maui yet just private enough for a bit of peace and quiet when we need it. Of course, finding a ground-floor unit with grandkids just fit the bill. Completely remodeled in 2005, the unit has granite countertops, flat screen TV, tile floors and a safe large enough for your laptop and other valuables. We have an open closet containing beach toys and strollers for the kids and snorkle gear for the adults to use any time during your visit. In-unit washer and drier. We have for you a special/unique number combination for the door lock so no card or key is necessary (read, no lost cards or keys!)
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
The ABC general store is just outside the private gates for those urgent necessities like ice cream and chocolate macadamia nuts. Within walking distance is a supermarket, video store, pizza parlors and the semi-weekly Farmer's Market for the best buys on papaya, pineapples and specialty jams. At the facility next door is a superb family restaurant serving affordable B,L,& D. Just outside our sliding door is a Koi pond surrounded by palm trees and home to 'Tanner', the night heron who regularly visits to feed in the water. And at night, before the grandkids go to bed, there is the regular manditory search for geckoes and frogs. I'm sure your children will be well 'Mauied' and come back to our Papakea condo with their own children in due time. Other amenities: Unit has a washer and dryer and ice machine in the refrigerator. No elevators near bedrooms. An air conditioner is located in the living area but the best way to cool the unit is to open the windows in the bedrooms (north side) and the sliding door and/or windows in the living area to create a very pleasant and cooling air flow. Running the ceiling fans throughout the day make all the rooms very pleasant. We have installed a safe large enough to hold your laptop when you leave the unit.
- Primary: 253-265-2598 Pacific Daylight Time
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
A view of our nightly sunset from our lanai.
Flat screen TV in dining area
Master King Bed
Lawn Outside Living Area
Closets of free stuff to use and W/D
Shannon and Grandpa in Paradise
Marlin on Dolphin Tour
Molokai from the Lawn
A kid's paradise
The Daily Sunset From Our Lanai
Family at the bulkhead
Queen and Single in 2nd BR
Molokai Island in Background
Grills and Pool
I'm lovin' it!!
View from our Lanai
Bette and Marlin
"Tanner" the Night Heron
Grandkids on Stage at a Luau
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, June 06, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.