First Floor Lake View Sleeps up to 8 in Walking Distance to All
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ocean Grove apartment description
This lovely apartment sports 5 sofas, one of which houses a Queen size bed. Two bedrooms, Queen bed and two twins, have roomy closets and sweet decor to relax in after a relaxing day taking in all that Ocean Grove's Victorian seaside town has to offer. The day/trundle bed room has a 32 inch flat screen to get away from the gang, if you need to.
Enclosed porch offers Lake views and space to spread out with a good book, play games or do a puzzle. Porch door offers direct access to the front yard overlooking Wesley Lake.
The living room houses a desk, two sofas (one is a Queen size sofa bed) and second 32' flat screen. Coffee table and good lighting provide all the comforts of home.
The eat-in kitchen sports a stainless steel French-door refrigerator and dishwasher, oodles of counter space, full size oven and stove, and breakfast table.
The newly renovated bathroom has a shower over tub, pedestal sink, and toilet. A washer and dryer will be installed mid- June. The stackable washer dryer make the beach going a breeze.
This open spaced apartment has a small entry hall for beach things, leading to the kitchen entry door. A second door also provides access to / from the window-enclosed porch.
The front yard overlooks Wesley Lake that separates Ocean Grove from Asbury Park. The foot bridge allows you walking access to Asbury's trendy restaurants and nightlife without the worry of parking. Walk along the lake to the beach, watch the reincarnated Asbury Swan Boats, or just enjoy the table and chairs on the lawn to sip a drink while the sun sets. Our Lilac bushes offer some privacy from strollers, but provide full view of the scenery.
- On floor 1
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Considered:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Events Allowed
- Alternative Lifestyle
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 4-8
- Queen size Beds Queen size bedroom pictured has lovely Iron bed with box spring and mattress. We also have a Queen size pull out sofa bed in Living Room., Twin or Single Beds (2) Daybed and trundle beds are both twin size in second bedroom., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) futon can be put on floor for additional sleeping needs. Generally a full size, so can sleep two children or one adult comfortably....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Equestrian Events
- Water Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Pier Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Surf Fishing
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
- Theme Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- Gambling Casinos
- Paddle Boating
- Ocean Grove houses one of the most fascinating charters involving the rental of Summer Tents that surround the Great Auditorium. Within driving distance are several outlet malls, Six Flags Great Adventure, bus and train to NYC, State Parks and the world's largest Salt Water Pool with natural waves, just like the machines make at our favorite man-made pools (the Atlantic Ocean..... :o) For those family members who dislike sand or water, Main Street Ocean Grove and Asbury Park offer antique shops (as does RedBank within driving distance.) Good restaurants both with bar or BYOB abound. Or grab a beach chair on a Friday or Saturday night, sit outside the hall and enjoy the Music or shows at the Great Auditorium. Or buy a ticket and skip the beach chair. Follow up with an Ice Cream Cone at Day's or at Nagles....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
I was the first person to STAY HERE since this apartment was renovated!!
I was the first person to STAY HERE since this apartment was renovated!!
I lucked out last week and got two nights here with my kids in advance of the Bamboozle event in Asbury. It was last minute and the owners needed persuading since they hadn't quite finished the final touches. We persuaded and they completed work during the days while my kids enjoyed the events. AND we got beds in a jam-packed town and got to see how these folks transform a plain apartment into a charming and desirable place to stay. WOW. I highly recommend this apartment for families on a budget. Lots of space. My girls hung out with their ipods and books on the sun porch. We had plenty of space to make a large family meal. The Queen bedroom is sweet and calming. Perfect for a quiet afternoon nap away from the kids. The other bedroom is a daybed with trundle roll out. The sofa bed in the living room gave a little privacy, but full view of the flat screen. The trundle bedroom also had a flat screen as well. Kitchen was stocked with pots and pans and china. Huge refrigerator. We couldn't fill it or the freezer even with leftovers. Owners are really nice to work with, they didn't really want to rent it until it was finished completely. We're looking forward to a full week later in the Summer.
- Guest June (Oradell, NJ)
- Date of stay 05/17/12
- Review Submitted 05/26/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, people with disabilities, girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
We will discount our rate for May and June. Please ask.
Security Deposit is $500. returnable 14 days after departure.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Per Dog fee is $100.
Cleaning fee is $85.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Newark or Allaire local is 10 miles at 33 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Highlands at 15 Miles
- Nearest Train: Asbury Park at 0.01 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: interstate 195 at 4 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: a few blocks over the bridge to Asbury at 0.01 Miles
- Nearest Ski: northern NJ or PA at 100 Miles
- Nearest Golf: in Long Branch at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: in any direction, a few blocks at 0.2 Miles
Year Purchased: 1991
About the owner: We fell in love in Ocean Grove, got married here and raised our kids. We bought this property as a year round rental unit and decided to renovate it since last May and do Summer rentals.
Why the Owner Chose Ocean Grove:
Already owned it, but didn't want to do the year round tenant when we had so much fun decorating and furnishing for shorter term rentals.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
On the Lake, close to everything and easy walking for New Yorkers or access by train.
- Primary: 201-800-2033
- Secondary: +
Enclosed front porch with 3 sofas and separate exit to yard.
microwave, French door,refrigerator ,oven,dishwasher, coffee mkr,blender,ricemkr
Umbrella table and chairs at front of the house.
path at night from front yard to steps to Lake.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 20, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.