You sent a message to this owner.
Hello! THANK YOU for stopping at our site.
***[If you saw this property on CRAIG'S LIST, IT IS A TOTAL SCAM! You are NOW on the OFFICIAL VRBO SITE, so you are OK.... everything is totally legitimate. Please call me if you have any questions.. I get numerous calls from people who have seen the Craig's List ad and wonder if it is true... the SCAMMERS use all my photos and my name, and they try to get people to pay them directly... so BEWARE!!
BACK TO THE REAL 'OCEAN'S SONG'..... there are so many properties on VRBO, that it can be difficult to know which one would best suit your family and specific criteria.
HOWEVER, you have made the PERFECT 'stop' -- I will guarantee that it is one of the nicest rentals you will find, 5-Star all the way!
Before you get started, I hope you will take a moment to look at our Guest Reviews! These candid comments from our guests will give you a good perspective as you read through this information.
(Also, just to let you know I do rent throughout the holidays.... THANKSGIVING [already booked] and CHRISTMAS 2014 & New Year's are available.) Dates are flexible during those times. The house looks 'magical' for Christmas!!
WELCOME to 'Ocean's Song'.... 'The Ocean's Song is the music of our souls!'
This is NOT your granny's beach house!!
Ocean's Song is a gorgeous 3,600 sq.ft. house, decorated to reflect the Island/Coastal chic, and yet very comfortable with the 'feel' of a cozy old Isle of Palms beach house, yet it is only 9 years old. High end finishes, granite counters, stainless appliances, hardwood floors throughout, laundry room with new washer and dryer, plus the 'Powder Room' is a full bath as well!!
AND, EVERY BEDROOM HAS IT'S OWN PRIVATE BATH!! This house is designed for the whole family -- children of all ages welcome!!!
This home is designed and situated for pool and beach fun! It is beautifully decorated and has every convenience for your stay and yet you will feel comfortable and can 'kick back' and relax!! 'Ocean's Song' is the house you will fall in love with -- where you will want to return year after year!
A few things you will enjoy:
* The entire backyard is a pool [salt water system] area with two levels of decks. Many chairs/chaise lounges and tables make it a great area for entertaining, playing in the pool and sunning! The six burner grill will test Dad's culinary skills.
* The large elevator helps avoid carrying your things up steps, plus it is roomy enough for a wheelchair.
* One block from the beach, it is only a 3 min walk! We have provided beach toys, Boogie boards, Tommy Bahama beach chairs, Beach Buggy, Beach Wagon and Beach umbrellas. Being one block off Palm Blvd. gets you away from the heavy traffic and all of the 'off road' beach parking for the public. You have private parking and no one will be parking in the front yard except you!
* The Isle of Palms Rec Center is just one block away, with tennis courts, gym, fitness center, basketball court, baseball field and lots of play area for your athletes and the youngsters.
* This nine year old house has all the high-end features and appliances you would want -- stainless appliances, french door refrigerator w/ ice and water in door, separate beverage center, oven and warming oven, microwave, gas cooktop, Keruig coffee maker and regular coffee maker, plus electric water pot for tea. The kitchen features granite countertops, two separate sinks, an island and a large outer counter. The kitchen is TOTALLY equipped with EVERYTHING YOU NEED! We also have a separate laundry room with a new heavy duty washer and dryer, plus laundry sink.
* You will like the luxury of the Biltmore Estate sheets and towels, as well as Pine Cone Hill bedskirts. Luggage racks, hair dryers and hand/full length mirrors are provided. Each bedroom is beautifully appointed [with numerous sleeping pillows!] and ready for you to relax at the end of a fun-filled day!
* Ocean's Song has an inverted floorplan. GROUND LEVEL is the garage area where there is a Ping Pong Table, shower and various toys, plus the sliding glass doors out to the pool area. The FIRST level has four bedrooms, each with its own bath. There is also a laundry room on that level. The SECOND level has the MBR, OPEN kitchen, dining area and great room. Also a screened porch. The THIRD level has no living area, but has furniture for you to sit and relax while you enjoy looking out at the view [ocean in distance] and sunsets!
* Almost forgot to mention the 'tellies' -- 60' HD TV with sound bar and Blu-Ray player in the Great Room, 51' HD TV and Blu-Ray player in MBR, and 40' TV's in all of the other BR's. Also high speed WI-FI
* There is more, but we hope you get the idea!! Some other features are listed below and we will also be glad to answer any questions you may have.
We purchased, decorated and appointed this home to be our own personal winter home.... We are delighted to share it and HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS WE DO!!
*** BOOKING NOW FOR 2014 and 2015.
*** 2014-- Weeks still available in SEP/OCT/NOV/DEC.
*** CHRISTMAS 2014 still available, please contact me for photos from last year. Spending Christmas at Ocean's Song with your family will be 'magical'.... I decorate the house very tastefully with gorgeous trees, outside lights, etc.... you will absolutely love it!!
I look forward to hearing from you.... YOU WILL LOVE 'OCEAN'S SONG' !!
Complete compliment of Pfaltzcraft dishes and all the utensils you could want! Also glasses, wine glasses, serving dishes, etc... you will not be disappointed with the supplies in this kitchen!...moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
SPRING - 2015
Apr 11 - May 22, 2015
7 night min stay
EARLY SUMMER - 2015
May 23 - Jun 26, 2015
7 night min stay
SUMMER - 2015
Jun 27 - Jul 31, 2015
7 night min stay
LATE SUMMER - 2015
Aug 1 - Sep 18, 2015
7 night min stay
FALL - 2015
Sep 19 - Oct 23, 2015
7 night min stay
WINTER - 2015
Oct 24 - Dec 18, 2015
7 night min stay
THANKSGIVING - 2015
Nov 22 - Nov 29, 2015
8 night min stay
CHRISTMAS - 2015
Dec 19 - Dec 27, 2015
9 night min stay
NEW YEARS EVE
Dec 28 - Jan 3, 2016
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Additional information about rental rates
**PLEASE call if you have specific questions. Once you confirm your desire to book the house, you will receive a contract. Once you have read and signed it, you will mail it back with a check for $2,000. Then the balance of your payment is due 60 days prior to your arrival. I look forward to hearing from you.
*Pet fee is $100.
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
'Ocean's Song' is only about 20 min to downtown Charleston, 20 minutes to the Charleston Airport (CHS) and is conveniently located only 1 block to the beach with access on both 27th and 28th streets. It is also only 1 block from the Isle of Palms Recreation Center!! The Rec. Center has outdoor basketball, tennis and ball fields. Also a Dog Park. AND has indoor gym and basketball, plus many other activities....
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Hello! We are Bill and Linda Letson, owners of Ocean's Song - we live in Denver, CO. [Having moved here from Ohio last year.] Bill is still practicing law part time from his home office and I totally manage Ocean's Song. We love living in CO, of which the best part is being close to our children and grandchildren!! We are keeping very busy in 'retirement'!! Ha!! Bill spends his free time playing golf, tennis and bridge, plus some fly fishing!! He also enjoys getting together with his old Harvard buddies and 'studying' the stock market! I am busy managing Ocean's Song and getting settled here in Denver. I am also trying my had at watercolors and love photography. For the past twelve years we have spent Jan through Mar. at the Isle of Palms. We fell totally in love with the IOP and Charleston!!!! So in 2012, when we had the opportunity to purchase this beautiful home we decided it was time! Since then we have worked very hard to make special improvements... Ocean's Song is beautifully decorated with all the amenities of home AND MUCH MORE!! I am not a professional decorator, but decorating is my passion!! Ocean's Song has been my biggest 'decorating' project since I last purchased, rehabilitated and decorated a lovely 'house/cottage' on the waterfront of Lake Erie!! 'Summer Hill Cottage', was featured in Lake Erie Living magazine as one of the 'Top Ten Rentals on Lake Erie'.. that included PA, NY, MI and CANADA!! [We also recently did a 'flip' bungalow in Charleston and it was featured on the HGTV program, 'Buy or Rent'... ours was a 'buy'.... ] Hopefully, all of our guests at Ocean's Song, will also become 'friends' and will return year after year, as did our guests at Summer Hill Cottage! Thank you for taking time to read this and 'get to know' us... we look forward to hearing from you. P.S. If you saw 'Ocean's Song' advertised on Craig's List that is a total SCAM. Please BEWARE and call me if you have any quest
Why the Owner Chose Isle of Palms:
Location, Location, Location!!! One short block to the beach and one short block to the Isle of Palms Rec. Center!! AND only 20 min to downtown Charleston!!! Although a good size at 3,600 sq.ft., it is very up-scale and yet VERY COZY AND COMFORTABLE with the old time Isle of Palms beach house 'feel'. It is just a wonderful home to be in!!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
As owners, Bill and I care VERY MUCH about our guests!! And we personally manage every detail!!! This is reflected in the wonderful amenities in the house and the overall décor! In renting Ocean's Song, you will arrive to a SPOTLESSLY clean home and everything will be ready to welcome you for your visit!!! We 'micro manage' the home to ensure that things are as lovely as possible. The cleaning team, headed by my Cleaning Manager, Diane Buzille, and her husband Charlie, are fabulous and are real sticklers for the details!! They and their team focus on Ocean's Song and clean no other houses. They are also personal friends. And if any problems should arise, just call me directly, 24/7, and things will be handled... I have an entire crew of professionals to call on to handle any situation that might arise. So no need to worry that we are living in Denver.... you are never more than a call away!! Please take a moment to read our 'Guest Reviews'..... they really give you a terrific idea of what you will experience at Ocean's Song. We look forward to your visit!!
Front of house!! Three lovely porches [one screened] and quite neighborhood.
Foyer: Dramatic entrance with tons of light and space.
Open Floorplan, DR seats [10/12], plus seating at bar and porch table 
Cozy spacious living area w/ seating for at least 12 & 3 'throws' to get cozy!
2nd Level Screened Porch, table seats 6. Comfy sofa & great place to relax!
Five Piece Master Bath, large Jacuzzi, spacious shower, toilet in separate room
2nd King BR! Spacious, w/desk, sliding glass doors to porch. Pottery Barn duvet
This BR has 2 Queen beds and tons of space!!
One of Six FULL Bathrooms
Salt Water Pool, 4 feet deep. Lots of decking and chaise lounges, plus tables.
Your own 'Backyard Resort' You will really enjoy this area, with grill as well.
Indoor play area with Ping Pong Table and also regulation Corn Hole Boards!!!
Front Porch Entrance [updated ... now has comfy wing chairs at far end of porch]
Spacious Open Kitchen with high-end stainless appliances.
Open Kitchen, DR and Great Room... very large spacious and sunny room!!
GR has 2, XL comfy sofas, comfy chairs and 'sofa throws' to snuggle up on sofa!
Luxurious & Spacious Master Bedroom, with desk and 5 piece bath attached.
Master Bath, 5 piece with Double Sinks & Luxurious granite!
3rd King BR!! Spacious and light with chair & small table. Pottery Barn duvet
Bunk Bed w/Twin over FULL bed. PLUS separate TWIN w/trundle.[Sleeps 5 if needed]
3rd Level Porch / Deck Great for evening drinks [distant view of ocean]
Spacious Entertaining Deck and Pool Area with umbrellas for shad as needed.
Beach Buggies, 12 Beach Chairs, Coolers, 2 Beach Wagons, Boogie Boards and Toys!
Enjoy Christmas / New Year's at Ocean's Song! Beautifully decorated... lovely!!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, April 18, 2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.