Unspoiled Escape at Lakefront Cottage
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lakefront cottage on one of the best kept secrets in the United States. Lake Santeetlah with 85% of it's shoreline protected by national forest is unlike any other southern lakes. Our waters are pristine and high year round. Surrounded by the Nantahala National Forest the 79 miles of shoreline will treat you to breathtaking scenic views, rope swings, babbling streams, bald eagles & quiet coves to canoe or explore. If you like nature it doesn’t get better than this. The cottage has 2 bedrooms and a bath on the main level, a sleeper sofa and full bath on the lower level. The large screened-in porch includes a comfy papasan chair to nap or read in and a table for lakefront dining. You’re just steps away from the 10' x 12' dock where you will want to be for enjoying the serenity of a sunset view. You will love swimming and boating in the crystal clear water of Lake Santeetlah. The cottage sits on deep water, great for swimming, fishing, snorkeling or just floating. This wonderful mountain lake home is about 1.5 hours from Asheville, 2 hours from Knoxville & about 3 hours from downtown Atlanta. As we like to say…”Wasting time here is not time wasted”. Thank you for your interest we know you will enjoy!
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 5-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- This Property is Located Just Off Route 129 at the World Famous 'Tail of the Dragon' known by sports car and motorcycle enthusiast clubs for its 318 curves in 11 miles. White-water rafting and kayaking are nearby on the Nantahala river where you can rent and plan family and advanced excursions. Also nearby is the Cheoah river and it’s world class rapids (limited times of year). The area offers trout stream fly fishing, scenic mountain biking at the USFS Forest Service Tsali recreation area, Appalachian Trail Hiking, the Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest (Home of 200+ Foot Poplars), Lake Fontana and Fontana Dam, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains Railroad excursions train, Cherokee Indian Reservation and Cherokee Harrah's Casino. Asheville, home of the Biltmore Mansion, is less than two hours away....moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain Biking
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Backpacking(hundreds of trails including the Appalachian Trail), biking, boating, fishing, scenic driving, camping, nature photography, motorcycling, whitewater rafting, or vacationing, Graham County, NC offers a full array of natural destinations, quaint shops and the rich history of North Carolina's most remote county....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
May 25 - Aug 31
7 night min stay
Sep 1 - Dec 31
2 night min stay
Jan 1 - May 24
2 night min stay
- Cleaning Fee: $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $250
- Tax Rate 9.75%
If you have any questions please contact the owner.
This owner accepts HomeAway's most secure form of payment.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Santeetlah Property Group is owned by two families that fell in love with Santeetlah many years ago. We live in Marietta, Ga, a suburb of Atlanta. We each have separate homes on Thunderbird Mountain so we are usually nearby if you have any questions about the house, lake or nearby activities. We hope to run into you while we are there.
Why the Owner Chose Lake Santeetlah:
Simple, quaint, no frills. If you enjoy nature, the serenity of peaceful sunsets and a lake that is not bustling with full throttled activity then this is a place for you. You'll really enjoy curling up in the double papasan chair on the porch. We have intentionally created this cottage to be peaceful and easy.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
• Easy access to the house and the lake • Quiet cove near a point • Incredible views from nearly every room in the house • Boat docking in deep water • Quaint Thunderbird Mountain location • Minutes from town
View from the dock
Sunset on Santeetlah
View from Master Bedroom
Bunk Beds plus a Twin
Fully equipped kitchen with all new appliances
Master Bedroom Deck
Main level bathroom
Second full bath in lower level.
Living Room with lake view
Large screen porch with dining
Doesn't get better than this!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, June 18, 2013