VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
My wife and I are proud to offer this unique residence to the rental market, we think for the first time since it was built.
Since my wife is a big James Bond fan, since the view from this house is so great, and since there was only one James Bond film focused on the Bay Area we named the house after that movie, 'A View to a Kill.'
*** PLEASE: Read the description carefully, look at the floor plan picture, and preferably watch the walk-through video provided. This is NOT a traditional 4 bedroom house. It is a duplex with a three bedroom, two bath main house on top and a studio apartment (the man cave) below. There are only three 'traditional' bedrooms. The fourth 'bedroom' is the separate apartment with a hide-a-bed. The 1/2 'bedroom' is the lady cave with the futon. ***
The HOUSE features:
- UPPER (Main) Floor has Three Bedrooms, Two Baths and a bonus Sun Room we call the 'lady cave' that has a reading chair and futon couch. - LOWER (Ground) Floor is a separate Studio apartment with its own private entrance and is complete with full kitchen and full bath. We have it set up 'man cave' style with two TV's, a pool table and hide-a-bed. - Panoramic, almost 180 degree views from the main level. You can see from Point Reyes in the South all the way through Bodega Bay, Doran Beach and Bodega Harbor to the North. - Easy five (5) minute stroll to Doran Beach. You arrive at Doran Beach on the South end where to the left are the rocks and tide pools (at low tide) and to the right the full two miles of the beach. - Full Southern exposure in the living room, dining area, kitchen, and Master bedroom. - Large rear deck with seven (7) person hot tub, patio table and gas bar-b-que. - Private rear yard behind the deck - we believe that is one of only two in the entire subdivision. Great for a little quiet time or for those of you traveling with dogs.
- Public golf course. Bring your clubs and play the course known lovingly as 'The poor man's Pebble Beach.' But call ahead and try to get a morning tee time so you don't get caught trying to play in the afternoon winds. - Public restaurant and bar called the 'Bluewater Bistro.' Just a short walk withing the subdivision from our place. The views are great, especially from the bar. - Public playground for the little ones. Next door to the bar and restaurant. - Easy walk from our house to the beach. About 5 minutes.
The BEDROOMS feature:
- Master Bedroom has a king bed and a private bath with his/hers separate entrances, his/hers closets and vanities. - The Master Bedroom also features its own private deck with terrific views. - The other two bedrooms on the main level share a jack-and-jill bathroom that has two sinks. One has a queen bed and the other a king. - Both showers on the main floor are over-sized custom tubs and have two separate shower heads - for those romantic times . . . wink. wink. - The bonus room (the 'lady cave') has a queen futon couch. This is the 'bedroom' we call the 1/2. - The separate studio (the 'man cave') also has a queen hide-a-bed. This is the fourth 'bedroom' but is not traditional. It is a wholly separate apartment with its own separate entrance.
The LIVING ROOM features:
- 70 inch flat screen TV. - Sony PS3 game system, which also doubles as a Blu-Ray player. NOTE: We provide the game box and controllers but you need to bring your own games. We have just a few downloaded onto the main living room box. - Samsung surround system with DVD / Blu-Ray player. - Electronic Piano. - Steel string guitar. - Cocktail Multi-Cade: Remember Pac-Man? Remember Donkey Kong? Dig Dug? Our living room has a cocktail table arcade game (purchased new in 2012) that has 60 classic arcade games from the 1980's programmed into it. Tons of retro fun! - Large leather sectional with built-in recliners - Small deck with jaw-dropping Ocean, Bay and Harbor views.
The Upstairs KITCHEN features:
- Bar seating for six. - Table seating for at least another six. - Gas Stove. - Dishwasher with built-in water softener for super clean dishes and glasses. - Full size refrigerator with ice-maker. - Large Microwave.
The Downstairs KITCHEN is much simpler:
- Small electric stove. - Small microwave. - A very unique mini-fridge that literally 'goes to 11.' Make sure you look closely at it when you visit.
Note: We have almost too much kitchen equipment. Just a partial list: silverware, dishes, pots, pans, glasses, two coffee makers, two teapots, two rice cookers, waffle iron, crock pot, popcorn pumper, blender, citrus juicer, cocktail shaker, shot glasses, margarita glasses, about five different cork screws, sandwich press, etc. etc.
NOT a traditional four bedroom house. There are only three traditional bedrooms in the main house. The fourth bedroom is the man cave, which is a wholly separate studio apartment with its own entrance. The '1/2 Bedroom' is the lady cave - a sun room off the main living room with a queen sized futon couch. Bedding is as follows: 2 King size beds - one in the Master bedroom and one in the Northeast bedroom. One Queen size bed in the Northwest bedroom. One Queen Futon - in the 'lady cave' / sun room. One Queen hide-a-bed - in the 'man cave' / separate studio apartment....moreless
(3) Cocktail arcade table in living room with 60 classic games like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong. Sony PS3 in living room and man cave / studio: bring your own games because we do not provide them, but we do have a few preloaded on the living room PS3...moreless
60 games in the cocktail table. We do not provide PS3 discs, but we have a few games preloaded onto the living room PS3....moreless
We have lots of movies recorded on the DVR, we have Blockbuster Online that you can access, and you can use your own Netflix account through either of the PS3 units. We don't stock DVDs because they tend to 'disappear.' Please bring your own....moreless
Away From It All
Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
Almost 180 degree views from Pt. Reyes to the South all the way through Bodega Bay and Bodega Harbor to the North...moreless
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Cleaning$210 + tax
Damage Insurance Waiver$49 + tax
Always call (510-499-9990) for last-minute reservations. They can often be given at a discount
July / August require one week minimum when booked before June 1st. Non Holiday: Rent three or more nights during a non-holiday period and get an extra night FREE.
The minimum daily rate in July / August is $500
Two night bookings are only done within six weeks of the rental date.
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Alfred Hitchcock's movie 'The Birds' was filmed here and you should definitely watch the movie on Blu-Ray during your visit. We also recommend the Osmosis spa; Dinucci's restaurant in Valley Ford for the best Minestrone we have ever had; Fresh Beef Jerky from Valley Ford Market - comes out of the smoker about 10:30am everyday; Wild Flour Bakery in Freestone; The U.C. Davis Marine Lab Friday free tour in Horseshoe Cove on Bodega Head; The Roadhouse Cafe here in town; and Sport Fishing from the Harbor
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: My wife and I met at U.C. Berkeley too many years ago. We think our fourth or fifth date was camping at Bodega Dunes (a cool campground on the North end of the Harbor) and we have been coming here ever since. Of all the places we have visited in the world, Bodega Bay has always been at the very top of the list. We simply cannot name another place that is so close to the vibrant and exciting culture of the Bay Area that also has all of the activities here (surfing, beach combing, fishing, golf, tennis, wind surfing, hiking, bird watching, whale watching, wine tasting) while also being one of the most low-key and quiet spots you could ever find.
Why the Owner Chose Bodega Bay: We are 'view' and land people. If you start with a good view on a good parcel, most other things take care of themselves. We are not into 'fancy' stuff in the home. If you have the right outlook and plenty of glass, there is no need for 'stuff' in the house, since most of your time will be spent enjoying the vistas. While we have equipped this house with many 'goodies' like large TV's, pool table and an arcade machine, we think the thing you will remember most are the great views.
The Unique Benefits at this House: One: Southern Exposure. The buildings will come and go; the windows will rot; the kitchen will need remodeling; but as far as I know, the sun isn't going anywhere. The foundation for any design is good, solid, year-round sunlight. This house has tons of it. Even the lower level studio gets year-round light. Two: A space that can ebb and flow with the needs of the occupants. When I saw that this property had an actual rear yard (I believe one of only two in the entire subdivision) and a full studio with separate entrance, I knew that this one had all of the flexibility I needed to be able to enjoy time with just my immediate family, with friends, and with extended family.