4.5 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 2 Kitchens, 180 Degree Views and a 'Man Cave'
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bodega Bay house description
My wife and I are proud to offer this unique residence to the rental market, we think for the first time since it was built.
Since my wife is a big James Bond fan, since the view from this house is so great, and since there was only one James Bond film focused on the Bay Area we named the house after that movie, 'A View to a Kill.'
*** PLEASE: Read the description carefully, look at the floor plan picture, and preferably watch the walk-through video provided. This is NOT a traditional 4 bedroom house. It is a duplex with a three bedroom, two bath main house on top and a studio apartment (the man cave) below. There are only three 'traditional' bedrooms. The fourth 'bedroom' is the separate apartment with a hide-a-bed. The 1/2 'bedroom' is the lady cave with the futon. ***
The HOUSE features:
- UPPER (Main) Floor has Three Bedrooms, Two Baths and a bonus Sun Room we call the 'lady cave' that has a reading chair and futon couch.
- LOWER (Ground) Floor is a separate Studio apartment with its own private entrance and is complete with full kitchen and full bath. We have it set up 'man cave' style with two TV's, a pool table and hide-a-bed.
- Panoramic, almost 180 degree views from the main level. You can see from Point Reyes in the South all the way through Bodega Bay, Doran Beach and Bodega Harbor to the North.
- Easy five (5) minute stroll to Doran Beach. You arrive at Doran Beach on the South end where to the left are the rocks and tide pools (at low tide) and to the right the full two miles of the beach.
- Full Southern exposure in the living room, dining area, kitchen, and Master bedroom.
- Large rear deck with seven (7) person hot tub, patio table and gas bar-b-que.
- Private rear yard behind the deck - we believe that is one of only two in the entire subdivision. Great for a little quiet time or for those of you traveling with dogs.
Our GOLF COURSE SUBDIVISION neighborhood features:
- Public golf course. Bring your clubs and play the course known lovingly as 'The poor man's Pebble Beach.' But call ahead and try to get a morning tee time so you don't get caught trying to play in the afternoon winds.
- Public restaurant and bar called the 'Bluewater Bistro.' Just a short walk withing the subdivision from our place. The views are great, especially from the bar.
- Public playground for the little ones. Next door to the bar and restaurant.
- Easy walk from our house to the beach. About 5 minutes.
The BEDROOMS feature:
- Master Bedroom has a king bed and a private bath with his/hers separate entrances, his/hers closets and vanities.
- The Master Bedroom also features its own private deck with terrific views.
- The other two bedrooms on the main level share a jack-and-jill bathroom that has two sinks. One has a queen bed and the other a king.
- Both showers on the main floor are over-sized custom tubs and have two separate shower heads - for those romantic times . . . wink. wink.
- The bonus room (the 'lady cave') has a queen futon couch. This is the 'bedroom' we call the 1/2.
- The separate studio (the 'man cave') also has a queen hide-a-bed. This is the fourth 'bedroom' but is not traditional. It is a wholly separate apartment with its own separate entrance.
The LIVING ROOM features:
- 70 inch flat screen TV.
- Sony PS3 game system, which also doubles as a Blu-Ray player. NOTE: We provide the game box and controllers but you need to bring your own games. We have just a few downloaded onto the main living room box.
- Samsung surround system with DVD / Blu-Ray player.
- Electronic Piano.
- Steel string guitar.
- Cocktail Multi-Cade: Remember Pac-Man? Remember Donkey Kong? Dig Dug? Our living room has a cocktail table arcade game (purchased new in 2012) that has 60 classic arcade games from the 1980's programmed into it. Tons of retro fun!
- Large leather sectional with built-in recliners
- Small deck with jaw-dropping Ocean, Bay and Harbor views.
The Upstairs KITCHEN features:
- Bar seating for six.
- Table seating for at least another six.
- Gas Stove.
- Dishwasher with built-in water softener for super clean dishes and glasses.
- Full size refrigerator with ice-maker.
- Large Microwave.
The Downstairs KITCHEN is much simpler:
- Small electric stove.
- Small microwave.
- A very unique mini-fridge that literally 'goes to 11.' Make sure you look closely at it when you visit.
Note: We have almost too much kitchen equipment. Just a partial list: silverware, dishes, pots, pans, glasses, two coffee makers, two teapots, two rice cookers, waffle iron, crock pot, popcorn pumper, blender, citrus juicer, cocktail shaker, shot glasses, margarita glasses, about five different cork screws, sandwich press, etc. etc.
- 2400 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 10-12
- NOT a traditional four bedroom house. There are only three traditional bedrooms in the main house. The fourth bedroom is the man cave, which is a wholly separate studio apartment with its own entrance. The '1/2 Bedroom' is the lady cave - a sun room off the main living room with a queen sized futon couch. Bedding is as follows: 2 King size beds - one in the Master bedroom and one in the Northeast bedroom. One Queen size bed in the Northwest bedroom. One Queen Futon - in the 'lady cave' / sun room. One Queen hide-a-bed - in the 'man cave' / separate studio apartment....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Living Room seats 12:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
Video Game Console:
(3) Cocktail arcade table in living room with 60 classic games like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong. Sony PS3 in living room and man cave / studio: bring your own games because we do not provide them, but we do have a few preloaded on the living room PS3...moreless
We have lots of movies recorded on the DVR, we have Blockbuster Online that you can access, and you can use your own Netflix account through either of the PS3 units. We don't stock DVDs because they tend to 'disappear.' Please bring your own....moreless
- Music Library:
- Video Games:
- Game Room:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Pool Table:
- Wireless Internet:
- Broadband Access:
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Beach View:
- Golf Course View:
- Water View:
- Fly Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Biking
- Hunting Small Game
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Pier Fishing
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Massage Therapist
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Alfred Hitchcock's movie 'The Birds' was filmed here and you should definitely watch the movie on Blu-Ray during your visit. We also recommend the Osmosis spa; Dinucci's restaurant in Valley Ford for the best Minestrone we have ever had; Fresh Beef Jerky from Valley Ford Market - comes out of the smoker about 10:30am everyday; Wild Flour Bakery in Freestone; The U.C. Davis Marine Lab Friday free tour in Horseshoe Cove on Bodega Head; The Roadhouse Cafe here in town; and Sport Fishing from the Harbor...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
The cool retro game console was in the process of being repaired; we were unable to watch a movie given the TV wasn't accurately hooked up (and we were unable to get help to resolve the issue); although it said so in the detailed description of the place later received, we weren't clued in re bring your own PS3 games. Although we only had 9 people, I think it would be tight if one were to be at stated capacity of 12. All that said, we had a nice time and the stretch of beach is truly stunning.
- Guest Cary (Bay area)
- Date of stay 10/25/13
- Review Submitted 11/02/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children.
I only counted 3 bedrooms
I only counted 3 bedrooms
Overall house was very nice, view was great. Would definitely recommend.
- Guest jeff (bay area)
- Date of stay 09/12/13
- Review Submitted 09/23/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with young children, tourists without a car.
There is not much to say except the home and our stay was wonderful. We were a diverse group of 8, with 2 married couples and 4 adult singles. This required 6 separate places to sleep. We were able to accomodate everyone and maintain some level of privacy for all. The home is beautiful and the view of the Pacific was so nice. The owner was very good to work with and the agency that cared for the home had everything ready when we arrived. We spent an afternoon exploring Bodega Head. The views of the Pacific were breath taking. There is hiking and climbing (mostly easy climbing) on the top of the head and down at the beach. If you visit Bodega Bay, you must see Bodega Head. We ate twice at Spud Point Crab company. It is a small restaurant with only outside seating on the way to Bodega Head. The clam chowder and crab cake sandwich were amazing. Groceries are readily available in downtown Bodega Bay. We spent several afternoons and evenings inland at Wineries. We visited a dozen wineries but a few stick in my mind either because of employees, the view or the wine. We really enjoyed Alpha Omega, VML, Windsor tasting room in Healdburg, Thumbprint tasting room in Healdsburg, and so many others it is hard to remember all of them. If you visit Healdsburg, I highly recommend Willi's restaurant. They serve only small plates. Between my wife, daughter and I, we ordered at least 8 small plates. Simply amazing. We also had a few drinks and the cost was about 120. Best meal of the trip. I also highly recommend Rivers End restaurant about 10 miles north of Bodega Bay at te end of the russion River. The meal was very good and the sunset views were amazing. The weather in Bodega Bay was a bit cooler than we expected. Every morning was foggy and cool. Jeans, long sleeves and a jacket were the normal attire when in Bodega Bay. 20 miles inland the appropriate attire was shorts and short sleeve shirt. We thouroughly enjoyed our stay at the home and our visit to California's wine region. We are midwesterners so seeing the hills, mountains, beaches and grape vineyards was quite a treat. I highly recommend.
- Guest Scott C.
- Date of stay 07/26/13
- Review Submitted 08/13/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: Scott - You were a complete pleasure to deal with from your first phone call so many months ago. I am so glad that your group had such a good time.
Great View - View to a Kill
Great View - View to a Kill
Nice property, and very conveniently located to Bodega Bay. This is really a 3 bedroom home with a man cave (4th bedroom is a game room with pull out bed). We had a great time there, cooked several meals in the kitchen and BBQ.
- Guest DB (Southern Cal)
- Date of stay 07/23/13
- Review Submitted 07/30/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, families with young children.
Wow! What a great house. The accommodations had our every need in mind, and if there was a question it was quickly answered in the detailed handbook for the house. The interior of the house was well furnished with comfortable amenities, Wi Fi, great electronics for entertainment and easy to use modern appliances. The house is a great location with a stunning view and a quick walk to the playground, golf club house and beach access. Spa was clean and well maintained and easy to use as well. The owner was accommodating and easy to communicate with for scheduling and questions. Lucas Wharf was great for a dinner out. We fished with Captain Les of Fish On Charters who caught us our limit on fresh salmon and enjoyed a beach BBQ at Doran State Park. Finally we lucked out with great weather for a round of golf. All in all a great stay for a family that included a Great Grandma all the way down to a one year old. So many amenities that made us feel at home: extra chairs and fold out tables, a variety of kitchen appliances and utensils, comfortable beds and extra linens to name a few.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 07/08/13
- Review Submitted 07/16/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, pet owners, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: Kristi and Co.: Thanks for the kind words. We are so glad you had such a great time.
This was our first experience with a VRBO and it was definitely a winner! This house is beautifully appointed - VERY clean and well maintained. The beds are very comfortable. The linens and furnishings are first class. The great room with a well thought out kitchen is an extremely inviting and comfortable living space. The hot tub was probably the favorite spot of the entire house. It is clean, well maintained and easy to use. The neighborhood is well kept and we very much enjoyed walking down the trail to the beach. Jonathan, the owner, was so responsive and helpful through the entire process. The video available through the website is really helpful to first time users. Jonathan also provided helpful suggestions for shopping and groceries. We spent most of the time at the beach but the location is so convenient for any one wanting to take day trips up or down the coast or inland to Occidental or Guerneville. There is so much to see and do in the Bodega area. But the beauty of this house is you don't ever have to leave the house to be surrounded by spectacular scenary. I would not hesitate to recommend this house to any one looking to stay in Bodega Bay. I hope to be back soon.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 05/05/13
- Review Submitted 05/15/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: Debby - Thanks so much for visiting and for the kind words. You are welcome again, anytime.
Great accommodations...just what I was looking for. The house is somewhat like a cabin with wood exterior and a cabin feel inside. the video games and pool table were a big hit. The rooms and beds were comfortable and overall the house was clean and well maintained. The weather we enjoyed was incredible which made the whole experience even better. I especially appreciated the ease of booking and paying over the internet; this allowed a smooth experience without having to constantly call and verify information. Overall, I would recommend this house to others!
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 05/02/13
- Review Submitted 05/08/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: Allan, Thanks so much for writing the review. Glad you and your group had a good time.
Just What My Friends and I Were Looking For
Just What My Friends and I Were Looking For
A great place for a weekend retreat with friends. The golf course and beach are both a short walk away. Indoors you have an ocean view, a great gathering room with a massive tv, table top video game, hot tub, and a full size pool table downstairs. And if you needed something else to do, Jonathan provides any number of options. There's no getting bored at this house.
- Guest Just Josh (Bay Area)
- Date of stay 04/12/13
- Review Submitted 04/18/13
Owner response: Josh - Thanks so much for the nice review. Please come back anytime.
our experience was wonderful and fun had by all. much better than the pictures and very roomy. a lovely place to stay. thanks ever so much Jonathan!
- Guest fancy (Milpitas ca)
- Date of stay 04/14/13
- Review Submitted 04/18/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
Owner response: Marie - So glad you guys had a good time. Hope you visit again sometime.
We scheduled a girl's weekend at this fabulous house and can't wait until our next trip! The house has exceptional views, comfortable beds, clean, well stocked kitchen, a hot tub, huge TVs, high speed internet, several decks for taking in the wonderful views, a separate apartment to house your snorers...I could go on and on! You can also take a 15 minute walk and end up on Doran Beach, although it will take you much longer if you take your camera. You will stop every couple of minutes to take pictures of the breathtaking scenery. The Owner and the Property Management Company were available, very responsive and a pleasure to deal with. All in all, a great stay at a great house!
- Guest Chacha (Clayton, CA)
- Date of stay 02/27/13
- Review Submitted 03/04/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: Rosy - You and your group are welcome back anytime. Thanks for the nice words.
$550 / night for Friday and Saturday. $475 / additional nights. $2,700 / week. Holidays are 15% more. July and August require a one week minimum. Non Holiday Special: Rent three nights and get the fourth FREE. Mid-week, off-peak rate as low as $350 a night. And we are always ready to accommodate last minute bookings. For quickest response, text me at 510-499-9990 All bookings subject to tax (9%) and cleaning fee ($210).
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Motorway: Scenic Highway One at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Doran Beach at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Bluewater Bistro (At the Clubhouse) at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: On the 11th Fairway of the Bodega Bay Golf Links at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Bluewater Bistro (At the Clubhouse) at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: My wife and I met at U.C. Berkeley too many years ago. We think our fourth or fifth date was camping at Bodega Dunes (a cool campground on the North end of the Harbor) and we have been coming here ever since. Of all the places we have visited in the world, Bodega Bay has always been at the very top of the list. We simply cannot name another place that is so close to the vibrant and exciting culture of the Bay Area that also has all of the activities here (surfing, beach combing, fishing, golf, tennis, wind surfing, hiking, bird watching, whale watching, wine tasting) while also being one of the most low-key and quiet spots you could ever find.
Why the Owner Chose Bodega Bay:
We are 'view' and land people. If you start with a good view on a good parcel, most other things take care of themselves. We are not into 'fancy' stuff in the home. If you have the right outlook and plenty of glass, there is no need for 'stuff' in the house, since most of your time will be spent enjoying the vistas. While we have equipped this house with many 'goodies' like large TV's, pool table and an arcade machine, we think the thing you will remember most are the great views.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
One: Southern Exposure. The buildings will come and go; the windows will rot; the kitchen will need remodeling; but as far as I know, the sun isn't going anywhere. The foundation for any design is good, solid, year-round sunlight. This house has tons of it. Even the lower level studio gets year-round light. Two: A space that can ebb and flow with the needs of the occupants. When I saw that this property had an actual rear yard (I believe one of only two in the entire subdivision) and a full studio with separate entrance, I knew that this one had all of the flexibility I needed to be able to enjoy time with just my immediate family, with friends, and with extended family.
- Primary: 510-499-9990
Man Cave: Watch Baseball on the 46' and Golf on the 60' all while playing pool.
Dining Room. Next to the kitchen. Dramatic views from every chair.
Living Room Reverse: Showing the 70" LCD TV and Fireplace.
NE Bedroom: Queen Bed and View of the 11th Fairway. See next photo.
NW Bedroom: King Bed and windows looking over the rear patio and back yard.
Upstairs showers are doubles with custom tubs. All new valves and heads in 2012
Living Room Detail: Kitchen and Dining Area are in the rear of the photo.
Rear Patio: Aluminum Patio Table, Gas BBQ and Seven (7) person Spa.
Man Cave Rev. Left to Right: Club Chair, HIde-a-Bed Couch and Bistro Table.
Line Drawing of the Main Floor. Shows the three decks and rear yard.
Sunroom / Lady Cave Reverse - picture taken from the hide-a-bed couch.
Other half of back yard. Spa tub is just visible up the stairs on the deck.
Main Living Area: Open floor plan with vaulted ceilings. Arcade table in front.
Rear Patio Reverse: Looking back into the Sun Room / Lady Cave.
Master Bedroom. King Bed. Private Patio with great view. Reading Chair.
NE Bedroom View - 11th Fairway and part of the back yard.
Jack and Jill Bath: Between NE and NW Bedrooms. Separate toilet / shower room.
Play 60 different classic arcade games while enjoying the amazing views.
UPSTAIRS Kitchen detail: Six bar stools and six chairs at the dining table.
The Studio / Man Cave Kitchen.
Man Cave Bathroom: Shower is sit down with steam. Like a personal sauna.
Sunroom / Lady Cave: Between Living Room and rear deck. Couch is a hide-a-bed.
Fenced Back Yard - Rare sight in Bodega Bay. Relaxation spot or dog's area.
Music Corner of Living Room. Yamaha Electric piano and steel string guitar.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, December 02, 2013
4 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.