Mountain View, 2 Bedrooms, Gvr ( Green Valley Recreation)
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Desert Hills II townhome description
The home has a spectacular unobstructed view of the Santa Rita Mountains.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Senior Adults Only Community
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- King size beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Double.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Air Conditioning
- Wood Fireplace
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
Location & View
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Rock Climbing
- Equestrian Events
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Roller Blading
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hunting Small Game
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- One block from the townhouse is one of 13 recreational centers available to our renters . Each has a pool, hot tubs, tennis, fitness facilities and much more. There is also a state of the art ceramic studio, art studio, lapidary and jewelry making studio plus computer and camera club facilities with the most current equipment. Choices for golf are too numerous to list...from public to private to resorts. 15 minutes south stroll the streets of Tubac ( established in 1752) in the scenic desert where art galleries, artist studios, shops and restaurants abound. Nearby are the ruins of Tumacacori. There is also hiking, birding, horseback riding and golf. Whipple Observatory sits atop the Santa Rita Mountains for star gazing and Mexico is a 30 minute drive south. The world renowned Madera Canyon is 15 minutes away where you can see birds from North and South America crossing over. 20 minutes north is Tucson offering countless experiences including the Desert Museum, Air and Space Museum, spas, historic Spanish Missions, international cuisine, festivals, theater, ballet, symphony.............. Nearby you can visit historic Tombstone and the mining town of Bisbee, as well as, the wine country of Patagonia and Senoita. These destinations are just a taste of what is available to discover from Green Valley. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Home away from home
Home away from home
It has been an enjoyable and a relaxing stay in this comfortable townhouse. It's sad to think that our vacation is coming to an end, and that we will soon leave behind this house that has been our home away from home in nearly a month. When we first arrived, we felt a sense of warmth and welcoming, with its cleanliness, simplicity and charm, not to mention it's fully equipped with everything we needed to make it our temporary home. It's also comforting that the owners are just a phone call away, and our requests/minor concerns were addressed in a timely manner. Then there's the spectacular view of the mountains, seen from the back patio that is furnished with a bistro set and an umbrella; this setting can truly elevate one's mood any time of the day. We enjoy having coffee out in the patio most mornings while listening to the variety of birds sing their happy tunes and watching the hummingbirds do their tricks. We enjoy a glass or two of wine here some late afternoons and watch as the mountain scenery takes on a more picturesque show as the sun sets, with pretty hues of pink and grey; surely it's not the wine.... Safeway is only a few miles north of this home; Walmart is just another few miles farther. We visited several attractions and museums; our favorite and the one we highly recommend is the International Wildlife Museum in Tucson, only about 30 minutes drive north of Green Valley. We would definitely recommend this home for a wonderful experience.
- Guest Sri B.
- Date of stay 10/01/13
- Review Submitted 10/30/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway.
Unbeatable view from patio
Unbeatable view from patio
This property was neat and clean on arrival, and has all new appliances. We have really enjoyed our stay of 3 months here. We spent lots of time on the patio which has a nice wrought iron patio set with umbrella. The view of the mountains is a plus, especially as the sun is setting. The neighborhood is very quiet, and it is a five minute walk to Desert Hill 2 Recreation Center. It is nice to have the covered garage and, as the house is west facing, it keeps cool in the heat of the day. Landlords are very resposive to any requests.. We would definitely recommend this property
- Guest swimmer (New York)
- Date of stay 02/01/13
- Review Submitted 04/23/13
Recommended for: Age 55+.
Enjoyed our stay!
Enjoyed our stay!
We enjoyed staying in your lovely home. Very clean and well maintained (recently updated!). The patio is a great place to have morning coffee and to feed birds.
- Guest KarinC5 (San Antonio, TX)
- Date of stay 09/01/12
- Review Submitted 12/22/12
$2300 per month January through April $1500 per month May $1200 per month June through October $1700 per month November and December
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: I am an artist and have had a career as corporates art consultant. My husband is a semi-retred mortgage lender. We live in two beautiful places: Green Valley AZ and Montana.
Why the Owner Chose Desert Hills II:
We already own a home in Green Valley and love the area so much we decided to invest in a rental property here. We get to share the exceptional experience of Southwest Arizona with others now.
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
We immediately were blown away by the VIEW from the back bedrooms and the patio of the Santa Rita Mountains and Valley. It's spectacular! The home itself is in impeccable condition and had just had major renovation to the kitchen and bathrooms, as well as, all new tile floors. It's been a lot of fun decorating the home with wonderful finds of antiques and unique pieces of furniture and art. More rugs and artwork are on the way to complete the decorating.
- Primary: (406) 862-8122 (Montana, USA)
- Secondary: cell (303) 995-4050 (Colorado, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Entrance to Casa del Sol 2843 So. Calle Trafalgar
Beehive fireplace in living room.
View from living room into kitchen. Cable TV.
Master bedroom with view of the mountains.
Master bedroom bath.
Second bedroom with sleeper sofa and view of the mountains.
Laundry off the kitchen and main hallway.
Back of home from the lower patio.
Gas grill, storage and gardening shed behind the grill.
View from the townhouse.
Newly remodeled kitchen. Fully equipped.
Second bedroom with sleeper sofa and desk. View of the mountains.
View from the patio.
Prickly pear cactus blooming.
Mountain view reflected in window.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, July 13, 2013