'Maison Bijoux' L'Isle Sur La Sorgue ~ Beautiful Village House
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue townhome description
Located in the heart of the old town of L'Isle Sur la Sorgue in a quiet street by the river just a 2 minute walk from the town's main square with its beautiful church and the famous 'Cafe de France' the town is bustling with it's it's beautiful waterways and it's many antique shops, cafe's, bars, restaurants, boulangeries and patisseries.
Our luxury village house has been completely renovated in winter 2012 maintaining all of the original features whilst offering modern comforts.
Maison Bijoux is perfect base to take long walks around the beautiful waterways of the village. The restaurants are second to none and the markets on a Thursday and Sunday are vibrant and exciting.
Relax in old world charm in a building which is over a century old but with with the comforts of modern life. Set in a quaint street the village house with it's beautiful blue shutters and flowering jasmine is very welcoming and inviting.
The accommodation is surprisingly spacious, light and airy set over 3 floors with a beautiful large roof terrace giving you outside space which is unusual to find in the centre of town.
The property has WIFI throughout plus a desk & chair for you to use your lap top or simply write post cards or read a book.
The beautiful and tasteful accommodation comprises of 3 bedrooms with ample closet and drawer space including egyptian cotton bedding for your comfort and the 3rd bedroom has a TV with Satellite channels.
On the ground floor there is a luxury kitchen with a breakfast table, fridge freezer, double sink, oven, hob and microwave and all the modern equipment and utilities you will need especially if you like to cook!. There is a seperate utility room which houses a dish washer, washing machine, dryer, iron & ironing board and a high chair.
The accommodation has a large TV room with two large comfy sofa's (including 1 sofa bed) a footstool, coffee and side tables plus a 46' TV & DVD Player with SKY & Satellite TV and a range of DVD's.
Up the beautiful stone steps to the first floor there is a very large bathroom finished in natural stone, with a double shower enclosure, beautiful stone sink and WC.
On the ground floor there is an additional WC for your convenience.
Enjoy Al fresco dining or just drinks on the beautiful roof terrace which has a beautiful table and 6 chairs, with it's views over the rooftops of the old town is a perfect way to watch the sun go down. It has a part covered roof and a sliding roof so you can enjoy complete shade or a bit of sun and shade, whichever you choose.
We have brand new heating throughout so it's cosy in the cooler months and we have fans for the warmer times.
There is plenty of parking on the road adjacent to the house running along the river plus a large car park opposite the river which is free of charge.
Although the accommodation can cater for up to 6 people it is also ideal for a couple or 2 and gives you plenty of room to have your own space & peace and quiet should you need it.
L'Isle Sur la Sorgue is accessible from the A7 autoroute. There is a train station in the town plus the TGV station at Avignon is only 25 min utes by car. The nearest airport is Avignon which has seasonal flights and the larger Airport of Marseille is an easy drive of around 50 minutes.
- On floor 1
- 120 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Smoking Allowed:
- Limited Accessibility
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Living Room seats 6:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Parking Off Street
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
Located in the heart of L'Isle Sur la in a quiet street by the river just a 2 minute walk to the town's 30+ restaurants, cafe's & shops. Isle sur la Sorgue is famous for its graceful waterways, and antique markets, which give this chic town its character and atmosphere. The 'isle' was created when the River Sorgue was split into canals ploughed by water wheels powering its paper and silk mills in the 18th century. On a Sunday morning, the quays, main streets and narrow side streets are swamped with antique and brocante stalls, as well as the heady olfactory sensations of traditional Provencal ware, changing as you move through the market. The town is a good size and has a healthy selection of restaurants, cafés and shops, but is small enough that you can quickly become intimate with it. ...moreless
- Car Not Necessary
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Winery Tours
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Located in the heart of the Vaucluse, surrounded by the Luberon/Alpilles yet only 20 kilometres from Avignon, 45mins from Aix-en-Provence, and 1h from Marseille. From here you can enjoy every delight both culturally and rurally that Provence has to offer including hilltop villages, dramatic coastlines, bustling cities, tranquil lavender fields and vineyards. In July the nearby (20min) Avignon turns into one big theater festival with hundreds of plays to watch Marseille with it's lovely old harbour is just one hour away and is famous for it's Boullabaisse (fish soup). 15 minutes away you will find one of the great mysteries of nature, Fountaine de Vaucluse. For most of the year all you can see is a deep blue pool of water at the bottom of towering cliffs. But during spring or very heavy rainfall it lives up to its name, with water gushing out at 200m3 (52,000 gallons) every second - this is one of the largest springs in the world. The Grottes de Thouzon Caves, 1.5 km northwest of Thor, were discovered in 1904, and are in excellent condition. A feature of the caves are beautiful golden fistulous stalactites. A nice break when the temperature climbs above 35C in the summer. In the 50s, Jacques Yves Cousteau came with a submersible to explore the depths but did not find the bottom. Since then a probe has made it to a sandy bed at a depth of 308 metres (1010 ft) but the spring itself comes from somewhere even deeper. It is said that all the rainwater from the Luberon and other surrounding mountains comes out of this one source, making a catchment area of 1100 square km (425 sq. miles). Every Sunday: Vide Grenier/Brocante (flee markets) in nearby villages. Sporting events: Tour de France, Football, Rugby tournaments. Festivals from June-August with the choice of daily events taking place throughout the region. Feu d'artifice (fireworks) in Monteux in mid August Randonee at Mont Ventoux or in the Luberon valley. A paradise for road and mountain biking. Windsurfing, waves (1h30) and flat water (1h) when the Mistral blows. Scuba diving (1h) both nature and wrecks....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Maison Bioux truly is a jewel!
Maison Bioux truly is a jewel!
My husband and I spent four nights at Maison Bijoux and could not recommend it more highly. It was very clean, well cared for, and comfortable. We used the well-stocked kitchen to cook several meals. The laundry was easy to use and all appliances were new and modern. The location was very convenient -- we are cyclists and it was super easy to get out of town to ride in the nearby Luberon Valley. On the other hand, it is just a short walk to restaurants, the market, etc. The property may not be optimal for those who are not very mobile, because there are some fairly steep stairs, but we found it charming. The owner and the property manager were both friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!
- Guest Madeline F. (Sacramento, CA)
- Date of stay 04/14/13
- Review Submitted 04/22/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, adventure seekers, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, girls getaway.
Great townhouse in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
Great townhouse in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
4 of us stayed 5 days in this charming ,clean well kept townhouse that had every amenity you would want. Washer and dryer were brand new. Bathroom was modern and huge by French or American standards. Bedrooms were a good size and kitchen was very workable. The upstairs roof terrace was great for evening meals. The town is easy to get in and out of for forays around Provence. The market here on Sunday is not to be missed. Restaurant owners were very welcoming. Would not hesitate to recommend this property to friends or family.
- Guest Tim from Louisville (Louisville, Ky. USA)
- Date of stay 10/09/12
- Review Submitted 10/17/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, adventure seekers, age 55+, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, families with young children.
Mid Season: - 28th September 2013 - 25t October 2013 = 850 euros Low Season: 26th October 2013 - 28th March 2014 = 750 euros High Season: 29th March 2014 - 26th September 2014 = 950 euros Payment accepted via paypal or by direct transfer to UK or French bank account, an extra 4% will be charged for credit card payments made via paypal Cleaning fee payable = 1-2 persons = €80; 3-6 persons = €120 Refundable Security deposit of 150 euros required (approx 375 USD)prior to arrival 50% payment on booking, full payment and security deposit 8 weeks prior to arrival
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Avignon Marseille at 25 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Marseille at 70 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: L'Isle Sur la Sorgues at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: A7 at 4 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Cassis at 70 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: 30+ bars all within a 5-10 minute walk at 150 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Provence Golf Club at 10 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: 30+ restaurants all within 5-10 minute walk at 150 Metres
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: My husband and I are from Wales in the UK. We have been travelling to France for years but stumbled across Provence about 12 years ago by chance. We were intrigued by the place and 5 years ago were married in Gordes. Our wedding planner brought us to L'Isle sur la Sorgue to visit the florist and we fell in love with it, we are both antique lovers as in the UK we live in a house which was built in 15th century and is full of antiques. It was also so vibrant and beautiful with all of the scenery and waterways. This year we bought our first house which we have completely renovated 'Maison Bijoux'.
Why the Owner Chose L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue:
We loved this property because it had the appearance of being small but was actually quite spacious inside. We bought the house off a French artist who obviously loved the house because of it's light on the upper floors and the wonderful roof terrace. It was essential for us to have an outside space. It was also essential for us to be in close proximity of the main town so we could walk to bars and restaurants and in the evening stumble home!!
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
The little touches that made us fall in love included the peace and tranquility looking out over the roof terrace, the quaint kitchen when the light floods as the shutters are opened in the morning.
- Primary: +44 7576367308
- Secondary: +44 1873830707
- Tertiary: +44 7850857917
- Fax: +44 1873830707
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
'Maison Bijoux' Drinks Al Fresco on the roof terrace.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, October 27, 2013