Immaculately Clean, Newly Remodeled Oceanside Condo
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kauhale Makai - Village by the Sea condo description
Enjoy this beautiful ground floor condo, newly remodeled and immaculately clean. Along with a partial view of the ocean, it is only 100 yards away where you can walk for miles and enjoy the beach, turtles, whales (October through April), wind surfers, kayakers, and romantic sunsets. Our condo has all the amenities a home away from home would need. Awaiting you is a brand new flat screen TV, Blu Ray DVD player, i phone player and phone. We provide free WiFi and long distance calling to United States and Canada. It is also equipped with Tommy Bahama chairs and coolers to enjoy the beautiful beaches of Maui. Only steps away from the condo, through the lovely atrium are the pools, hot tub, picnic area with barbecue grills and tables, sauna, volleyball court, shuffleboard and laundry. Public tennis courts are available south of the grounds. The complex also provides a concierge located in the main lobby to help schedule trips, tours, events and attractions.
Kahaule Makai, “Village by the Sea”, is centrally located in Kihei which is twenty minutes from Kahului airport and has easy access to Maui’s great restaurants, beaches, golf courses, shopping, marina and other sites.
It is our dream that you come and enjoy the awesome beauty of Maui. We offer the opportunity to have a “home away from home” in an immaculately clean condo.
This is a non-smoking complex. Smoking is not allowed in the condos or on the lanais. Pets are also not allowed.
- On floor 1
- 950 sq. ft.
- 6 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Queen size Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Covered Parking:
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Shared Hot Tub
- CD Player
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Communal Pool
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Jet Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Medical Services
- Deepsea Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Fitness Center
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Miniature Golf
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Maui is our 'home away from home'. Our most unforgettable time was whale watching in February. It was an awe inspiring experience. We watched the whales breach while walking on the beach in front of our condo. We also enjoyed a whale watching excursion in which we saw many whales fairly close to the boat with two male whales actually diving under the front of the boat and surfacing in the back. It was awesome! Maui offers many fun filled activities in which our active family also enjoys. Our two most favorite things to do are snorkeling and golfing. The sites we frequent are Honolua Bay in Kapalua, Ulua Beach and taking a snorkel cruise to Molokini Crater and Turtle Town. There are magnificent golf courses, both public and private, which are open to the public. We check for specials being offered during our visits. We have also enjoyed biking down Halekala Crater after watching the beautiful sun rise on the mountain. It looks as if you are in heaven. It is imperative to dress warm. The temperature is quite cool up in the mountain. Some other activities we experienced and enjoyed immensely were; zip lining, horseback riding, blue water rafting, exploring Iao Valley and swimming at the many beaches (Big Beach and Kamaole Beach 3). We also spend time shopping in Lahaina, Wailea, Kaanapali, Hilo Hatties, ABC Stores, the Arts and Crafts in Kihei and a usual trip to Kahuli to the Queen Ka’ahumanu Center (Mall). If you enjoy beer, make sure to stop in at Maui Brewing Company when you are in Kaanapali. They serve hor'derves and sandwiches. We do enjoy an occasional dinner or lunch in many of the eateries. Some of the unique places we have found are: The Fish Market in Paia, Fred's Mexican Cafe, Five Palms, Mama's Fish House, Stella Blues, Moose McGillycuddy's and Bubba Gumps in Lahaina. A visit is not complete without driving to the 'Road to Hana'. It is a very stressful drive for the driver, but the beautiful scenery and waterfalls are magnificent. There are tour vans available if you prefer not to drive it alone. It is a must to stop and explore the black sand beaches, waterfalls, bamboo forests and Ohe 'o Gulch (Seven Sacred Pools) in Kipahulu District of Haleakala National Park. There is always something to do on the island. One can choose to relax at the condo or choose to be active. It is truly what the visitor wants to do. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
An Excellent Maui Vacation
An Excellent Maui Vacation
We had a wonderful Maui vacation and it started with a great listing from VRBO. I contacted the owner several times before renting the property, and she was always very pleasant and helpful. She accurately described the property and the area.This condo was in excellent condition and it exceeded our expectations. It was clean and the furniture was very comfortable. I appreciated having internet service. Check in was quick and easy, and a parking spot was provided. We enjoyed the amenities, like the pools, but spent most of our time touring the island. The concierge was very helpful in guiding us to areas of interest. There are so many things to do! I had a great experience with this rental and will recommend it to everyone I know. I hope I will be able to rent there again soon.
- Guest Jim (Atlanta, GA)
- Date of stay 07/01/13
- Review Submitted 07/17/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+.
Owner response: Thank you for the excellent review. We are happy that you enjoyed the island as much as we do. There is always something new to experience on every visit. We strive to make a great vacation for all our guests. Once again, we appreciate your kind words! God Bless
Dec.10 through April 15 $149/night, $945/week, $3400/month April 16 through Dec 9 $99/night, $599/week, $1999/month Minimum 4 night stay Additional Costs: Cleaning and registration fees: $100.00 2.5% credit card fee on payment with credit cards Hawaiin taxes: 13.42% 25% needed to secure booking and total rent due 60-75 days prior to arrival. Rates/terms subject to change w/o notice before confirmation
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Kahului Airport at 20 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Lahaina Harbor at 20 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Piilani Highway #31 at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Kamaole Beach 1,2,3, Oneloa Beach (Big Beach) at 2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Moose McGillycuddy's at 3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Maui Elleair Golf, The Dunes, Kahili, Pukalani at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Stella Blues Cafe, Fred's Mexican Cafe, Five Palms at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Our dream came true this year being able to purchase a condo on a quiet beach in Maui. We have travelled to Maui over the past twenty-five years enjoying every trip. We love this quaint, quiet retreat away from the hussle and bustle of life in Illinois. The beauty of the island, the culture and lifestyle is what we fell in love with, along with the many activities and beautiful golf courses. Our dream is that everyone who visits falls in love with Maui as we have.
Why the Owner Chose Kauhale Makai - Village by the Sea:
We chose 'Village by the Sea' because it is quiet, quaint and away from all the tourism. It is a gem where we can call home yet enjoy all luxuries of the island. We love the ocean, marine life and beautiful sun sets every night. We couldn't be more blessed.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Our home has all the amenities we need. It is neat, clean and located in the center of Maui. We can travel anywhere on the island in a few minutes. We chose this because it was ground floor and has easy access to the beach, swimming pools and barbeque. It is our little piece of heaven.
- Primary: +1 8159867980
- Secondary: +1 8157137864
- Tertiary: +1 8155669114
- Fax: +1 8159867980
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Beautiful sunset in the evening off the beach of Kauhale Makai
Kitchen..stove, microwave, dishwasher, supplied with new dishes and cookware
Hot tub and pool to enjoy and relax in the Maui sun
Kauhale Makaii, Village by the Sea,...a view from the beach
Whale watching ...can see whales from the beach Nov. through April
The beach where you can walk miles on. This is 100 yards from the condo.
Sunset off the beach at the condo
Sunrise on Haleakala. Looks like heaven!
Road to Hana: View of ocean and lava
Immaculate kitchen...well supplied
Dining and living area
New tv, bluray player, ipod deck, free long distance to US and Canada, FREE WIFI
Lanai to enjoy eating meals and relaxing after a day at the beach or sightseeing
Barbeque area to enjoy a picnic in the beautiful weather
Many beautiful golf courses throughout the island of Maui
Beautiful flowers everywhere
Ocean site at the end of the walk on the beach
Haleakal Sunrise...Heaven again!
Windsurfing in the bay right at the condo's beach.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 03, 2013