Let the Loons Serenade You to Sleep !!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Hartland cabin description
Beautiful 3 bedroom 1 ½ bath lake house on 400’ of lake frontage. Great Moose Lake covers 3500 acres and is a popular destination for those looking to find a quieter off-the-beaten-path place to vacation. The property is directly on the East side of lake so you'll have a setting sun reflecting off the lake that is spectacular. Master bedroom has a Queen size bed, middle bedroom has a single bed and 3rd bedroom has 2 twin beds. Also there are three couches that if needed could sleep young children and teenagers.
On Great Moose Lake, you will enjoy swimming, boating, windsurfing, water-skiing, tubing, sunning, fishing, or simply cruising around the lake exploring all this lake has to offer. Fishing is open year round and you can expect to catch Brown trout, large & small mouth bass, white and yellow perch and Brookies in the tributaries.
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 5-8
Bathrooms: 1.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
Location & View
- Jet Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Basketball Court
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Surrounding area: The cottage is located on the Hartland/St. Albans town lines in mid-Maine. There is grocery shopping and big box stores located less than a half an hour away, with restaurant, movies and theater available as well. It is centrally located to many of the diverse and breathtaking landscapes that Maine has to offer. Approximately 1 hour west lie some of the most substantial ski mountains in ME (Sugarloaf, etc) with gorgeous hiking trails and scenic drives throughout the region. North approximately 1 hour’s drive is Maine’s largest lake, Moosehead Lake, with thousands of acres of surrounding wilderness and ski lift for panoramic views. The village of Forks is an hour’s drive northwest, and is home to some of the most exciting rafting areas in New England.. 1 1/2 hour’s drive east brings you to the Atlantic coast at the city of Belfast; this is a pleasant and interesting village which seems to successfully blend a centuries old lobstering tradition with a more progressive modernized edge. Of the beautiful mid-Maine coast opens up in both directions; southwest through Lincolnville, Camden, Rockland and the mid-Maine Islands, or northwards(down east ) to the stunning Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor (my favorite) and the endless coastline beyond. However, once you get to the lake and begin to relax, you may never want to leave.3 miles away one of the best little home cooking diners this side of home !!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A little bit of Heaven
A little bit of Heaven
My family and I visited Glen's Lake House the week of 8/5/12. The first thing I would like to mention is Glen was more than accomodating on the rental agreement. He emailed me with information about the area before we arrived which allowed us to do a little pre-planning. The house has a great layout and a comfortable setting. The photo's do not do the house justice. While the furniture is definitely from an age gone by in style, it is very comfortable. The style actually added to the nostalgia of the lake vacation. We have stayed at many lake houses, but the layout of the property, the proximity of the beach to the house, and the shore fishing opportunities at this house were second to none. This was our best lake vacation so far. Thank you Glen, for sharing your home with us. We hope to visit again next year! The Gummerson Clan New York 8/5/12-8/12/12
- Guest James G.
- Date of stay 08/12/12
- Review Submitted 10/24/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+, pet owners, families with young children, families with teenagers.
Ken & Maureen
Ken & Maureen
This our 4th time at this rental, which should say it all. Most beautiful spot for sunsets on the lake! Clean comfortable setting with great barbeque and lots of lawn chairs for taking in the beautiful views. You'll feel like you have entered into a time warp with the "Brady Bunch" decor. If you're looking to "get away from it all" and get back to nature, this is the spot.
- Guest Ken (West Hempstead, NY)
- Date of stay 07/14/12
- Review Submitted 07/25/12
Had wonderful time
Had wonderful time
We spent a great week of relaxation here by the water. We felt right at home here. The scenery is beautiful and the sunsets were breath taking. The house and property were very clean. We loved the open space in the house. Looking forward to go back again next year. Thanks again Steve and Carole
- Guest Steve & Carole (Rhode Island)
- Date of stay 06/23/12
- Review Submitted 07/03/12
June $750/wk July $1,000/wk August $1,000/wk thru Labor Day September after Labor Day $750/wk October $500/wk Security deposit.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 1956
About: I grew up in Corinna (about 12 miles) from Lake House (LH) and went to H.S. MCI in Pittsfield (about 15 miles) from LH and went college in Texas (about 2,500 miles) from LH !! I have spent the last 30 odd yrs. in the Dallas area.
I have many, many fond memories of this place, my parents bought the 8 acres that the Lake House is on in 1956. They had built a smaller place in the early 60's but it burnt down and they rebuilt the current structure in 1973. Since they lived only 12 miles away they hardly ever spent the night there ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so basically everything in it is 1973 but like new. The water is the clearest that you'll find and the water goes out gradually so there are no drop off in any spot on the 400' of shoreline.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
This lake has one of the largest Loon populations in the state, I just love the sound of them early mornings and evenings.
- Primary: +1 239-267-4464 Do not call after 9PM EST
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Jack & Jill bath
Looking out from sitting area.
In front of fireplace looking out towards lake.
Showing how clear the water is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,from dry pebbles to under water one
Golf club 20 min. away.
Swimming deer !!
Gate at entrance to Lakehouse.
Kitchen with new 1973 Norge appliances
Family room with 2 couches
From sitting area looking towards the bedrooms.
My place from across the lake.
Sunset from lakehouse 7-7-12
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, August 27, 2013