Our Hummingbird Retreat
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Grand Lake house description
Every bedroom has its own bath! Ideal for private or group getaways; perfect for family reunions. 4 bedrooms: 3 king, 1 queen, 2 single beds and a single sofa sleeper. 3 full baths, 1 3/4 bath and 1 half bath.
Most cell phones work in the area.
Kitchen - 2 refrigerators, dishwasher, gas range, microwave, table settings for 24, adequate cooking utensils, pitchers, chip and dip bowls, popcorn bowls, elect. Appliances: toaster, blender, coffee maker, percolator, griddle, turkey roaster, hand mixer. Measuring cups and baking utensils, pie, cake, brownie, jellyroll, muffin and cookie pans; casseroles; omelet and fry pans, sauce pans w/steamer, dutch oven, large stock pot, bbq utensils, beverage cooler and cooler for picnic outings; plastic storage containers.
Living room - 3 couches, tv, dvd and vhs players, stereo, views of mountains and lake.
Dining - 2 tables seat 6 each. One table has leaves that will extend for seating 10-12, the other table is great for dining, jigsaw puzzles and games.
Outdoors - two-car garage for cars and toys, 500 sq. Ft. Deck, which is half open for stargazing, soaking in the sun and watching fireworks on the 4th of july, and half covered for snuggling into big log chairs with a good book during those refreshing afternoon showers; gas bbq grill; horseshoes
Parking - adequate for 6-8 cars or trailers.
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 10-11
Bathrooms: 4.5 Bathrooms
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Lake View:
- Mountain View:
- Cross Country Skiing
- Medical Services
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Climbing
- Equestrian Events
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Biking
- Massage Therapist
- Live Theater
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Recreation Center
- Scenic Drives
- Fitness Center
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- At your vacation home: watch 4th of july fireworks from your deck, games, puzzles, horseshoes, stargazing, bird watching (hummingbirds, pelicans, eagles, hawks, peregrine falcons, bluebirds); occasional wildlife such as moose, elk, deer, fox, coyote appears in the yard. Rentals: dvds, vhs; atvs, boats, paddleboats, kayaks, canoes, jet skis (some water sports may require wet gear due to water temperature), skis, snowshoes, snowmobiles. Tours: atvs, scenic and party cruises in summer; full moon ski tours in winter, horseback riding. Children: bumper boats, go-carts, shooting range, arcade and miniature golf, summer programs. Scenic drives: trail ridge (a must see – spectacular vistas of alpine lakes and peaks – the drive is populated with mountain goats, big horned sheep, elk, coyotes, moose, beaver, ptarmigans, marmots, pikas, eagles, peregrine falcons, as well as a great variety of other birds); county roads in all directions offer unforgettable mountain and lake views; ranger talks, interpretive nature programs, elk bugling sept-oct and wildlife viewing in rocky mountain national park (5 miles from house). Water sports: fly-fishing for rainbow trout, brook trout, brown trout, makinaw and kokanee in lakes and rivers through the summer and ice fishing in winter, swimming, if you care to brave the nippy mountain water. Other sports and interests: bowling, bingo in the park, photography opportunities are unlimited, golf while you watch the deer and elk at impressive grand lake golf course in the heart of the woods, as well as several other beautiful and challenging golf courses in grand county, star gazing, sand volleyball court is ready for use along the shore of beautiful grand lake, big and small game hunting in season; check out the grand lake community cemetery, farr pumping plant and historic kauffman house museum, which pumps water from alpine lakes to water reservoirs in the plains of eastern colorado, hike to mountain lakes, adams falls, shadow mountain fire lookout. Arts: art and craft fairs, live music at local restaurants, rocky mountain repertory live theater 15-miles distance: rodeo, cinema, recreation and fitness center, downhill skiing and snowboarding. 20-miles distance: hot sulphur springs offers natural hot springs for bathing and massage. 30-40-miles distance: downhill skiing, sledding, snow tubing, snowmobiling, alpine slide, health and beauty spa, parasailing, hot air balloon rides; dog sledding and sleigh rides in winter; colorado river rafting. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
NON-HOLIDAY RATES (TWO-night minimum): May-Sept $300+/nt; Oct-Apr $250+/nt HOLIDAY RATES: Fourth of July (THREE-night minimum) $400+/nt; $2,300/wk New Year's, Martin Luther King, President's (THREE-night minimum) $300+/nt or $1,800/wk '+' - Deposit equal to two-nights rental; Cleaning Fee $100 minimum; Lodging Taxes
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 1999
About the owner: We are Colorado natives who attended in-state colleges and enjoy entertaining family and friends. Having owned and operated our own construction company for the past 24 years, Our Hummingbird Retreat is where we want to be. We have married children and several grandchildren who also love to get away to the 'cabin.'
Why the Owner Chose Grand Lake:
After several years of traveling the mountains of Colorado, we decided that Grand Lake was the one place we LOVED returning to again and again. It is only an hour and 50 minutes from Denver and the perfect combination of mountain beauty, outdoor fun, and unique shopping and cultural conveniences without the crowds of the I-70 corridor.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our peaceful hummingbird retreat with its lovely sunrises, serene mountain and lake views and its cool afternoon tranquility makes it hard to leave. It truly is our home away from home.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Our Hummingbird Retreat
Enjoy mountain and lake views while reading or sunbathing from spacious deck.
Dining room, beverage counter on the right and second dining room beyond right
Kitchen showing refrigerator #1
One of three comfortable master bedrooms each with its own full bath.
Two-car garage for storing your car and toys!
One of many varieties of columbines growing in the yard - full bloom June/July.
This is a winter getaway that will draw you back again and again!
Our Hummingbird Retreat
You are welcome here!
Spacious yet cozy living room. Enjoy TV, VCR, DVD or an afternoon snooze.
Dining room and fully-equipped kitchen on the left
Kitchen viewing refrigerator #2
Another great master bedroom. Includes single sofa bed and wing-back chairs
Yard hosts many columbines, Colorado's state flower.
Views of mountain ranges extend from northeast to southeast.
Rocky Mountain Natl. Park. You might see moose or elk in your yard dawn or dusk!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, July 21, 2013
4 Bedroom / 4.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.