You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Renovo house description
Located in Renovo, Pa, a stately four bedroom, two story, bath and a half with beautiful hardwood framed windows and doors, hardwood floors and large front porch.
Sleeps 5-8 people
Bedroom one: Two twin beds, dresser, table/chair, two closets
Bedroom two: One full size bed, table/chair, dresser, closet
Bedroom three: One full size bed, large dresser, night stand and closet.
Bedroom four: One full size bed, dresser, night stand, large closet and balcony.
New laundry area with utility sink in basement
42 inch LCD television with cable, wireless internet and unlimited local and long distance calling.
Beautifully appointed living room with large leather recliner sofa, leather recliner and comfortable chair. Accessorized with an ecclectic mix of antiques.
Handsome hard wood moulding makes for stunning windows. Original pocket doors and swing doors.
Fully equipped, new kitchen with large, walk-in pantry.
Large, wall mounted television with cable, wireless internet and unlimited local and long distance calling.
Cell phone service is available for some carriers.
This property does not have a yard but you can enjoy the large front porch and side courtyard that is situated between the house and the church next door!
We want to do everything we can to make your rental experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible. Let us know what you need and we will try and make it happen....no guarentees! But we will do our best!!!!!!
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Double Beds (3), Twin or Single Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
Home to the annual Flaming Foliage Festival every October. The Manse, (formerly the Presbyterian rectory), is a stately home located in the center of the town. Renovo, Pa is nestled in a small town along the Bucktail State Park Natural Area along Route 120. Surrounded by the Sproul State Forest and beautiful gamelands. ...moreless
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Fitness Center
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Renovo is the perfect launching spot for a myriad of outdoor activities throughout the year. Hyner View is ground zero for hang gliding enthusiasts. Hyner also provide some of the most beautiful sights of the West Branch of Susquehanna River. You will enjoy the drive up Hyner Mountain as you switchback through the forest. For kayak and canoe enthusiasts you will find a convenient 'put in' at the Flaming Foliage Lot near the Visitor's Center. Zizo Kayak on 6th street will hook you up with everything you need...including a fishing boat should you desire. The State Forests and game lands offer numerous hiking trails and ATV trails as well as excellent hunting and fishing. A scenic drive to the Elk Country Visitors Center in Bennezette... see the elk close up! Plenty of boating and fishing opportunities along the West Branch of the Susquehanna River as well as Kettle Creek Lake and the Sinnamahoning Lake. The lakes are set in spectacular scenery, surrounded by mountains...catch the occasional Bald Eagle! Or drive up Route 144 towards Snow Shoe...you will find scenic overlooks and hiking trails all along the way! Take a day trip and follow the Pennsylvania Wilds Artisan Trail visiting various juried craftsmen/galleries throughout the vast region. Walk around Renovo and enjoy the history. Don't be afraid to go down alley ways and venture over the river to South Renovo to just explore the town. Grab an ice cream cone at Yesterday's. Satisfy the treasure hunter in you and stop by The Rummage Shoppe on Erie Ave....say hello to Becky who always gives you a warm welcome! Grab a meal at The Sportsmans or Yesterdays. Enjoy the bustle of a small town with the beauty of the mountains all around. Check out the history of Renovo railroad heritage. Another nice day trip idea...take a drive to Williamsport. It is about an hour away...but the drive is beautiful. You will find a wide range of activities from shopping to the arts. A little closer and on the way...you will find Lock Haven which has a budding arts community as well. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Nice clean spot in the middle of town. Nice spot.
- Guest Hawk (Traverse City, MI)
- Date of stay 08/16/13
- Review Submitted 08/27/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, pet owners, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
The Manse is a comfortable and quaint home and was perfect for our group of 6. The owners have kept up the property and were very accommodating. The beds were comfortable and there was a fully stocked kitchen for us to prepare meals and enjoy a sit down dinner. It was perfectly located in Renovo and enabled us to enjoy the area without driving a long way. The owner greeted us upon our arrival and showed us arond the house. She was attentive to our needs and was very responsive to requests. The house is very clean and well kept. I would stay there again in the future! Excellent choice!
- Guest Happy Renter! (Virginia)
- Date of stay 04/19/13
- Review Submitted 04/25/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers.
Comfortable house in a beautiful valley
Comfortable house in a beautiful valley
Me and my friends spent our labor day weekend here. We planned to do summer activities in the state parks near Renovo and were looking for a house or cabin to rent than spending nights in a hotel. The Manse turned out to be an excellent choice. About the location: The house is situated on one of the main avenue of the small town Renovo. It is surrounded by mountains and state parks.So there are lot of summer activities to do here. There is Kayak and boat rental place right around the corner. The Kettle Creek Park to do kayaking is about 20 mins away and the rental place provides transportation for kayaks; so you don't have to carry them. You can do hiking and hang gliding (for more adventurous ones) in Hyner View State Park (about 20 mins away). The view from Hyner View is beautiful and definitely recommended. The bigger state parks like Cook Forest State Park are about 2 hours away but the area has many other smaller state parks and hunting grounds. I liked the fact that the house was in a small town (rather than secluded in a jungle by itself). That meant we could get away from hectic lifestyle and also enjoy access to amenities like grocery store for last min. needs. About the house: There were only four of us but the house is large enough to easily accommodate 7-8 people and is pretty much the same as shown in the pictures attached to the listing. The house was clean, and comfortable. About the owners: Owners were really helpful and made the entire stay very easy from the beginning. Check-In and Check-Out instructions were quite clear. They provided us with a charcoal grill when we told them we intended to do BBQ and also showed up on our first night when we couldn't find the house entrance in the dark. Overall, a very comfortable stay. We would spend the day out and relax at home in the evening watching movies or playing games on our xbox which we hooked up to the TV. Kitchen had enough cookware for us to cook breakfast and dinner once we had the ingredients. If I return to the area, would definitely live at this place again.
- Guest satty (Jersey City, NJ)
- Date of stay 08/31/12
- Review Submitted 09/04/12
$150/nite $950/wk. Prefer two night min stay but will consider 1 night when poss Open from April through October (November is possible). 9% State and local taxes apply A $40 housekeeping fee per reservation. $60 for groups of 6-8 people For 1-4 people: A 1 time $49 non-refundable damage protection fee in lieu of dep. For 5-8 people: A 1 time $69 non-refundable damage protection fee in leiu of dep. We will consider refundable security deposit instead of damage protection plan Please ask
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: This vacation home is owned by Dick and Marge Moriarty along with Dick's daughter and husband, Melissa and Mike Riehl. Dick grew up in Renovo and moved away... we are now spending more time here and want to share the beauty of this area with others.
Why the Owner Chose Renovo:
This home is filled with history and holds many fond memories to many of the locals. It sat empty for years...and we had our eye on it, hoping someday to bring her back to life. The house is a fun structure with the detailed woodwork, elaborate stair case, and large living area. We hope to continue to make improvements as time goes on....but she is ready to impress you with her beauty and comfort! Renovo is a quaint town with a long rail roading history. Our claim to fame is the annual Flaming Foliage Festival the second full week every October. The Susquehanna River has canoe access ramp just down the street. Rent a kayak or fishing boat just a couple of blocks away. Visit Heritage Park and learn about the history of the CCC camps and other local history. It is a perfect launching point for viewing elk in Bennezette, hiking,boating, canoeing, kayaking, hang gliding from Hyner View, biking, ATV trails, geocaching, hunting, fishing, birding, rock collecting, cross country skiing, snow mobiling, antiquing.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Porch off the one bedroom
This bedroom has a porch to enjoy on the cool evenings.
The dining table was not yet in place at the time of picture!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, September 26, 2013
4 Bedroom / 0.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.