Luxury House with Spectacular Mountain Views in Picturesque Lakeside Village.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Grundlsee house description
Haus Steinadler enables the freedom and flexibility of self catering, whilst benefiting from the comfort and quality of beautifully finished accommodation. On the first floor is the entrance hall, kitchen with integrated dining area, a large lounge with comfortable chairs, satellite TV, DVD, music centre, wc, bathroom with whirlpool bath and bidet, and large double bedroom. The second floor has 2 en-suite double bedrooms with four poster beds, and two twin bedrooms, one of which is en-suite. It has a further bathroom, fitness room with exercise bike, water rower and exercise mat/balls. There is a large playhouse in the garden and a laundry and drying room in the basement. The ground floor has a self contained apartment to sleep 2-4, double bedroom, lounge/diner, kitchen, bathroom with shower, bath and sauna. Wifi access. Balconies and terrace have breathtaking lake and mountain views. Garage has bikes, BBQ and garden games. Awarded maximum four edelweiss for quality.
Skiing: Obertraun is part of the Dachstein West ski region which includes two main ski areas: Gosau, a 20minute drive away, with 140km of prepared intermediate pistes is ideal for those skiers who enjoy long wide pistes on which to 'cruise', and Russbach, a further 10 mins away, which is the perfect resort for family skiing / beginners .
Just on the edge of Obertraun village (10 mins from Haussteinadler), the Krippenstein is steadily building its reputation as one of the top off-piste ski areas in Europe, attracting thrill seeking skiers and snowboarders alike! Not for the faint- hearted !!
There is a mass of things to do and places to see to suit all ages and interests. Ask for our summer guide or winter guide.
- 300 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Pets Not Allowed
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- All bedrooms on the top floor have been recently renovated to a very high standard. Two of the bedrooms have four poster beds. 3 of the 4 bedrooms on top floor are en suite (one of which has a steam shower). There is an additional separate bathroom for the 4th bedroom. There is also a small fitness room on the top floor with an exercise bike, water rower, gym mat and fitness balls. The lake view bedrooms (all King size doubles) have access to large balconies with seating for you to enjoy the scenery. The twin rooms have views up the mountain through the forest. A 5th bedroom (King size double) is available on the 1st floor if required. On this floor there is also a bathroom with a whirlpool bath, bidet, and separate WC. The sixth bedroom (King size double) is on the ground floor in the self contained apartment. This also has a sofa bed capable of sleeping an extra two people....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- Large playhouse, garden furniture and BBQ area in garden. Access to washing machine and tumble dryer in garage. Drying room in basement. Outdoor 'adventure' activities can be arranged through local trusted suppliers (including canoeing, canyoning, climbing, guided mountain walks, white water rafting, skiing, snowboarding, dog sledding, horse riding, paragliding, etc) Meet and greet and/or shopping can be arranged for your arrival at an extra charge. Bicycles and helmets available for use (4 adults and 7 children). WiFi connection throughout. No smoking please. No pets....moreless
- Books For Adults
- Games For Kids
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Books For Kids
- Audio Tape Player
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Autumn Foliage
- Water Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Clothing Optional/Nude Sunbathing Nearby
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
local services and businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
sports and adventure activities
- Hunting Small Game
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Fly Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Pier Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Equestrian Events
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Roller Blading
- Freshwater Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Whitewater Rafting
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Towels Provided
- Alarm Clock
- Hair Dryer
- Local Maps
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Thermos Bottle
- Clothes Dryer
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Activities Guide
- Iron & Board
- Local Activities Guide
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Housekeeper Optional
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- 4 Ring Stove
- Beach Towels
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Small Cooler
Pool / Spa
- Steam Shower
ReviewsWrite a review
We loved our time at Haus Steinalder and in Obertraun. The bedrooms and bathrooms were wonderful and although the kitchen has not been updated it was both functional and comfortable - we spent a lot of time around the kitchen table. Having bikes was great too. My husband and I traveled with our young daughters and my mother and we were all comfortable and happy. The area has so much to offer - we could have added another week. We hope to come back some day!
- Guest Laurie
- Date of stay 07/05/11
- Review Submitted 07/17/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, adventure seekers, families with young children, age 55+.
Haus Steinadler is in a lovely area with lots to see and do. We had a great holiday here. The house is huge, with fab bedrooms and bathrooms, but the renovations didn't extend to the kitchen and living areas. The kitchen is dated and dining area is a kitchen table which seats about 6. The living area does not have enough chairs for more than 6, so not enough for the number of guests. We coped with bringing in some garden chairs. It didn't really matter, but was expecting better. As we were here for 2 weeks we expected a change of bedlinen, but couldn't find any so had to wash the sheets etc ourselves. With a few improvements this could be so much nicer.
- Guest Suzie (London)
- Date of stay 07/24/10
- Review Submitted 08/12/10
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, age 55+.
Owner response: The living rooms and kitchens have been maintained in traditional Austrian style with solid oak furniture in the main house crafted by two of the leading furniture makers in the Salkammergut. Both kitchens have all the latest cooking equipment and the main kitchen table seats eight. It can easily be extended by adding an extension table and bringing in extra chairs from other rooms. In fact there is seating throughout the house for 68 and table space for 74, so plenty of choice, and enabling inside, balcony and garden dining. Balcony and garden dining also give you gorgeous lake and mountain views. You can make up a further dining table for up to 10 by adding the balcony tables together. We have had dinner parties of up to 14 so far, inside and out. There are three changes of bedlinen per bed, both for the singles and the four poster beds. We use a professional laundry service which collects and delivers, but we do need to know when guests would like to use this service, or you can wash linen yourself if you prefer. For those wanting to see the local area, there are 11 bikes in the garage, with helmets, and a small fitness room upstairs if the weather turns for the worse. You can also use the sauna or steam shower to unwind and relax, watch a myriad of SAT TV channels or a DVD or listen to music, and children can use the large playhouse which will take up to eight children, or use the garden games. We also provide extensive summer and winter guides to what there is to see and do in the area, suggested walking routes, and a Haus Steinadler A to Z. Shopping can be arranged for your arrival and we can suggest routes to the house to enable you to make maximum use of your holiday time. All these elements have resulted in the house being given the maximum four edelweiss award. Viel spass!
Additional costs to be added to total price of holiday : Mandatory = Cleaning Euro 80-140 / stay ; Towels/Linen 10pp; Tourist tax Euro 1.30 pppn Mid stay cleaning/linen change can be arranged at the above rates Bicycle Hire included
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Salzburg at 80 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Calais at 1200 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Obertraun at 400 Metres
- Nearest Motorway: Golling or Thalgau at 40 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Obertraun at 700 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Kegelbahn at 500 Metres
- Nearest Ski: Krippenstein at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Bad Aussee at 10 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Hollwirt at 500 Metres
- Primary: +44 (0)7798 838125 Not after 22hrs CET
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
One of two four poster bedrooms
One of two twin bedrooms
Winter Wonderland ! (From the balcony)
Hallstaatsee ( The local lake)
Perfect picnic spots..
View of village and lake from balcony
Example of the quality of finish
Four poster bedroom
View of Obertraun from the Krippenstein Mountain
Hallstaat, the neighbouring village
8 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.