Architect's Vision in Exquisite Setting
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Sequim house description
The Zen-like sensibility of this architect's award winning home will satisfy the most discerning visitor. The main house and private guest cabin accommodate 2-6 people in setting of high craftsmanship combined with environmentally sensitive bamboo and stained concrete floors. The word 'retreat' comes to mind but this is a place of liveliness and includes a mature cutting garden filled with native plants. The creek that cuts through this 10-acre property harbors eagles and hawks that perch for their hunting forays atop a towering snag. The south-facing fully covered porch offers a panoramic view of the Olympic Mountains as clouds and glaciers take their turns in view.
Well-appointed kitchen is equipped with a Wolf cooktop and oven plus a full set of Cuisinart cookware.
The property consists of a main house and an adjacent guest cabin; each building contains a master suite with a queen bed and full bath ensuite.
1) Main House: A master suite plus a second bedroom with two twins.
2) Guest Cabin: Equal in design quality and materials to the main house, the guest cabin is just five steps away from the main house; it is a self contained studio with a queen bed, its own bath and a mini-kitchen.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Queen size Beds (2) The main house has a master suite with queen bed. The adjacent guest cabin is a studio with queen bed and equipped with mini kitchen and its own master bath., Twin or Single Beds (2) A daybed with pop up trundle permits two separate twin beds to be made up in the second bedroom of the main house....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided:
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking
- Washing Machine
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Free Long Distance
- Wireless Internet
Deck / Patio:
(2) Main house covered porch extends the length of the living area. It has over 180 degree, unobstructed view of the Olympic Mountains and glaciers. The guest cabin has its own covered patio....moreless
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Recreation Center
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Just 5 minutes north of Sequim and one mile south o the Dungeness National Seashore, this location is the best starting place for area hiking, birding, boating, golfing and exploration of the Olympic National Park and Forest. Explore and go birding along the famous 5-mile Dungeness Spit; drive up the mountain to Hurricane Ridge and view alpine seasonal blooms; enjoy the Olympic Peninsula bike trail; visit the west coast and Pacific beaches along with the unique Hoh Rainforest. Take advantage of the local John Wayne Marina for boating and sailing; we have great small town shopping combined with ready access to all the big box stores, casinos, too. Google maps says: 1 minute to Cutting Garden wedding venue; 5 minutes north of Sequim; 5 minutes to Sunland Golf and Country Club; 6 minutes to Cedars at Dungeness Golf . ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Dream vacation homeGuest comment entered by manager
Dream vacation home
This is our dream vacation home. We had a fabulous time. The expansive garden and open space was perfect for lounging and soaking up the late summer sun as well as for the boys to fly their kites. We hope to be back next time we visit the Olympic National Park!
- Guest The C. Family
- Date of stay 09/02/12
- Review Submitted 09/13/12
Beautifully designed homeGuest comment entered by manager
Beautifully designed home
We very much enjoyed our stay in this beautifuly designed home. The herb gardens are lovely and the antics of hawks, crows and doves were quite entertaining. Thank you.
- Guest The C. Family
- Date of stay 08/25/12
- Review Submitted 09/13/12
Everything we wanted!Guest comment entered by manager
Everything we wanted!
We enjoyed our stay very much. The house is everyting we wanted and more! Loved the peaceful space and gorgeous grounds - views.
- Guest The L. Family
- Date of stay 08/19/12
- Review Submitted 09/13/12
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
This is a non-smoking home.
No pets are allowed.
Check-in time is between 4 pm - 7 pm.
Check out is at 11 am.
A deposit of the first night's rent is due within 14 days of booking, balance due upon check-in.
Refer to our policy at;
- Cleaners fee: $90 + tax
- Tax Rate 10.4%
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Ferry: 1) Seattle, 2) Whidbey Island 3) Victoria BC at 60 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Dungeness Spit at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Hurricane Ridge at 60 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Two courses within 5 minutes at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: In Sequim; 5 minutes at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About: We live in Seattle, about 2 hours east of Sequim where our house is located. We both have professional careers and look forward to the day we can slow down and move to our cool new house in 'sunny Sequim.'
Mike is an architect and when he walked into this house - it won an architectural design award - he knew this was 'the one.' The design and craftsmanship are superb and the setting is fabulous. Nancy's career has been in health care but over the last few years, gardening with native plants has become a special interest. This house already had mature native plant gardens and that made it even more irresistible.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Many vacation cabins are cute and 'funky.' In contrast, this house is a modern gem with sophisticated use of materials yet has an aesthetic that fits in the rural farm setting. With its 180 degree view of the Olympic Mountains from a covered deck, the inside and outside experience is seamless. The southern exposure guarantees great warming sun in winter yet the interior is protected from the high summer sun. The flowers and plantings are extensive and available to vacationers as a cutting garden. Hundreds of strawberry plants produce throughout the summer and their fruit is especially flavorful. Inside, the unique floor plan offers both the main house and a guest house just 5 steps away. This allows for two couples to have their own private suites. A third bedroom, located in the main house has a daybed that can sleep one, or two with the trundle out, or it can just serve as a second living area.
- Primary: +1 800-397-2256 Call between 9 am and 7 pm Pacific Daylight Time
- Secondary: +1 360-683-2255 Call between 9 a.m. and 8 pm Pacific Daylight Time
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Covered walkway from parking for 4+ cars
Entry walkway from parking
Living room warming stove with electronics/TV cabinet to left
Fully covered deck/porch facing mountain views to the south
Main house bathroom
Day bed with two twin beds including pop up trundle
Queen bed in private cabin/studio
Entry gate to secluded and private setting with native plants and panoramic view
Kitchen with Wolf range and granite tile countertops
View from porch across 10 acre property toward Olympic Mountains.
View from master bedroom in separate suite
Cabinets containing full-size washer, dryer and laundry sink in main house
Entrance to private cabin/studio with its own master suite, bath and kitchen
Haying time on the 10-acre property; 5 minutes to Sequim or to Dungeness Spit.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 23, 2013