Cuchara Mountain Retreat
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cuchara condo description
This beautiful mountain retreat is located on the slopes of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the heart of the Cuchara Valley. A peaceful mountain retreat offering two master bedrooms, a roomy bunk room, three full baths, a full service kitchen, washer/dryer, and a nice deck with incredible views.
The home is three stories with bedrooms and full baths on each floor. There are two fireplaces in the home, one on the second floor in the living room and one in the first floor master bedroom.
Come visit our mountain home and the Cuchara Valley to create memories that will last a lifetime!
- On floor 1
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Wood Stove
- Towels Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Medical Services
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Cuchara is classic Colorado — where snowcapped mountains meet lush green fields and rushing rivers. Located in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, the serene town of Cuchara is surrounded by the rich forests of the San Isabel National Forest. This area abounds with a wide variety of wildlife such as: black bear, deer, elk, mountain goats, big horn sheep, mountain lion, bobcats, small animals, migratory birds, and much more. Cuchara Valley offers splendid views of the dramatic West Spanish Peak, one of two geological towers once used as guideposts for traveling American Indians and pioneers. These awesome landmarks are visible up to 100 miles away. The quant village of Cuchara features the famous 'Dog Bar' and 'Timbers' restaurants along with the Cuchara Country Store, Dakota Dukes, Cuchara Liquor, and a few gift shops. Other amenities such as groceries, gas stations, post office, restaurants, hardware, and other shopping are available in LaVeta (12 miles away). Activities in Cuchara include: horseback riding, trout fishing, hiking, biking, sight seeing, bird watching, wildlife viewing, star gazing, ATV trail riding, 4-wheeling, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and just plain relaxing! To get to Cuchara, take Colorado State Highway 12, 'The Scenic Highway of Legends' which offers one of the most scenic, beautiful and historic drives in Colorado. The Colorado State Scenic Byway begins either in La Veta or Trinidad and takes you through 22 communities, points of interest, scenic vistas, historical, cultural and recreational areas....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great family vacation!
Great family vacation!
My two teenagers and I really enjoyed the cabin! It is out in the middle of nothing and wonderfully quiet. Would recommend to anyone interested in a country get-away vacation. All the necessities, without sacrificing privacy. If the opportunity presented itself, we would go back for another visit.
- Guest Kimberly K.
- Date of stay 07/10/13
- Review Submitted 07/13/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, girls getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, pet owners, families with teenagers, adventure seekers, families with young children.
Cuchara retreat is a jewel.
Cuchara retreat is a jewel.
Beautiful place! The rental was clean and comfortable. The mountain views from the kitchen and living area are wonderful. We stayed about 5 days, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We saw so many deer, that after a while we couldn't keep count. Other critters: chipmunks, hummingbirds, and rabbits. And thanks to the neighbor who brought our granddaughter the pink quartz rocks! And many thanks for having a satellite box on every floor!!
- Guest Cheyenne (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Date of stay 08/05/12
- Review Submitted 08/11/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with young children.
just like the other people have said in their reviews, this place is great! loved the fact that there was a floor for everyone. we were only two couples but the house could easily accomodate more. everyone had their own room & bathroom, the kitchen was wonderful & the view was amazing. as mentioned before we spent a lot of time mixing & preparing hummingbird food. could have easily spent more time there & we are looking forward to coming back again. the price was right & the place was spotless on arrival. we would highly recommend this place to friends!!
- Guest Wes M.
- Date of stay 07/23/12
- Review Submitted 07/27/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
cuchara getaway in july 2012
cuchara getaway in july 2012
This condo was everything advertised and more. The location on the side of the old ski mountain provided excellent unobstructed views everyday of the surrounding hills for more than 180 degrees. 3 different floors provided just enough seperation between us and my parents travelling with us. The condo was more than well-appointed; from kitchen supplies, dishes, spices, essentials and pots and pans, to linens, decorations, furniture and firewood. There were even 4 hummingbird feeders to fill up and hang for the hundreds of birds around the back porch. Hiking opportunities were everywhere; from the ski slopes to the branches off of the trailhead at the end of the private road. Our dog loved it here off leash. The town of Cuchara is only 2 miles away and other sites and adventures are around every corner. And enough can't be said for the extra effort and support by the rental manager, Louise. She went out of her way to ensure that we were all set up and comfortable. We would definitely look to rent this property for several weeks next time. If you are considering a get-away in southern colorado, this is the spot. Just enough privacy and peace with the small village only a couple of miles away.
- Guest T T.
- Date of stay 07/09/12
- Review Submitted 07/19/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, pet owners, adventure seekers.
Wanted a social time and some down time. Went to this beautiful condo with two other couples for Memorial Day Weekend. This place is incredible!!! Quiet beautiful views. Two towns near by we visited but we also enjoyed hanging out at the condo or walking the beautiful mountain side. You can drive about five miles up the mountain from this condo and take a trail down that is 3.5 miles down with incredible views views!!!! Breath taking!!! The condo is huge and each couple had their own floor!!! Then after the weekend they left and my husband and I go to stay and just enjoy the quiet and the hummingbirds. Would highly recommend!!! We are planning our next trip back to this beautiful get away.
- Guest d2 (Edmond, OK )
- Date of stay 05/24/12
- Review Submitted 06/23/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, adventure seekers, families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Sep 30, 2014
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Per night rate up to 4 people/$10 each additional person
6.9% Colorado Tax
Payments may be Cash, Check, or Credit Card
Well Behaved dogs welcome, $10 per dog, per night.
Summer Rates - May 1st - September 30th
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 6.9%
Policy available by contacting manager when booking.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Secondary: + 719-989-8121 Office
- Tertiary: 719-989-8121 Cell
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Upstairs Master Bedroom
Downstairs Master Bedroom
Bear Lake - great fishing!
4th of July in Cuchara, lots of fun!
View of West Spanish Peak
Fireplace area in Living Room
Front Deck for Dining and Relaxing
Sitting Area in Upstairs Master Bedroom
Mountain View from Parking Area
West Spanish Peak in the Fall
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, October 28, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.