Relax at This 2 Bedroom Year Round Lake Home on Toad Lake
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Detroit Lakes house description
Picture this. It’s a cool summer evening and you're lying on a soft blanket which has been spread so carefully on a lawn that gently slopes to a sandy beach, which continues onto the shoreline of Toad Lake. As you gaze upward to the evening sky, you take in the gentle glow of the moon as you play a game of connect the dots with the stars. As you breathe in the smells of the night the methodical lapping of the waves on the shoreline slowly and gently lull you to sleep. You smile as you hear the startled shriek of a child startled by a bug and cover your head as children taunt you with a frog. Then, just as quickly they disappear to engage in a game of hide and go seek. With your fingers wrapped around your coffee cup, you take a sip and watch the lights of boat coming in from its evening outing. You laugh as you hear the nonstop chatter of a child who undoubtedly caught his or her biggest, if not first fish. As you rise from your resting place you suddenly get a sense of peace realizing that you haven't enjoyed yourself this much in so many years.
That's what summer is like at this Lake Home cleverly hidden off Highway 34. Toad Lake offers over 1700 acres of fishing, swimming, and boating fun! Whether you’re enjoying the wide open space on the lake, golfing at an area course, hiking the trails at Smoky Hills, shopping or dining at the numerous restaurants and shops; you’ll see why people keep coming back to Toad Lake. This air conditioned, lake home which sleeps 6 to 8 people comfortably, has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and has been completely remodeled. The inside features a spacious living room with Direct TV, a kitchen with the latest appliances, a breakfast bar, dining room and wood burning fireplace. Fully furnished with all linens, pillows, towels, dishes, etc., each room has a ceiling fan as well.
The outside offers a patio with lawn furniture, 2 grills – gas and charcoal, plus a dock system ready for your boat or pontoon.
The lake home is available on a weekly, monthly, or seasonal basis. Owner may entertain a year lease.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 3-8
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- VANITY MIRROR, 36 INCH SHOWER, SINK & LAVATORY
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning
- Wood Fireplace
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- --A FIRE PIT IS SUPPLIED, ALONG WITH ALL THE KINDLING & FIREWOOD YOU NEED FOR BONFIRES; PLUS LONG HANDLED METAL FORKS FOR ROASTING HOT DOGS AND MARSHMALLOWS. --TWO PROPANE / ELECTRIC MOSQUITO MAGNETS ARE INSTALLED ON THE PROPERTY TO HELP CONTROL THE MOSQUITO POPULATION DURING THE SUMMER. --A FISH CLEANING STATION IS ON SITE. --A NEW 40 FOOT ALUMINUM DOCK & RAMP IS ON SITE. --OWNER MAINTAINS BEACH & LAKESHORE AREA WITH A WATER POWERED BEACH GROOMER TO REDUCE WEED GROWTH FOR SWIMMING & BOATING ACTIVITIES....moreless
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Medical Services
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Hunting Small Game
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Horseback Riding
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Located only 19 miles from downtown Detroit Lakes – take in the “Cruse DL Night” in June, July and August. Or, enjoy the music at WeFest held every year the first week in August. Only 21 miles away is Park Rapids which offers dining and shopping experiences. Wadena, just a hop skip and a jump further down the road offers the Wadena June Jubilee & Grand Parade. Walker, roughly 49 miles away brings you the Moondance Jammin’ Country Music Concert series and the Moondance Jam Rock & Classic Concert series. In addition you can find miniature golf, golf, go carts, and more all within a short distance. Plus, don’t forget you stop in at the Northern Inn just down the road. They offer the best homemade pizza in the area, sit down dining or take out. Pool table, big screen TV and on/off sale. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A great stay!
A great stay!
We had a wonderful time at this property. It is very clean and comfortable just as the pictures indicate. The kitchen is well stocked with everything you might need for preparing and serving meals. Wayne was very accommodating, a great guy to deal with. Some nearby attractions we enjoyed were biking on the lake road, pontooning and fishing, going to Itasca State Park, biking to Dorset from Park Rapids, and mini golf at Evergreen Gifts and Fun Park. We would highly recommend staying here!
- Guest Family of 4 (Sartell, MN)
- Date of stay 08/03/13
- Review Submitted 09/21/13
Recommended for: Families with young children.
Why waste money at a resort when there's this place on Toad Lake?
Why waste money at a resort when there's this place on Toad Lake?
I must admit I was skeptical at first since I've always stayed at resorts. But, after speaking with the owners my skeptism subsided. They were so darn friendly and HONEST. They told me what exactly was included, what was not, what I should bring and what to expect. They pointed out places of interest and furnished phone numbers. And, the place? Well, it was beautiful and comfortable. The customer service they provided was unbelievable. But, then again what would you expect from "the people up north?" My husband and I are definitely hooked and have already begun checking our calendars for next year. But, this time we hope to stay longer. Now, I ask you how do rate the hosts, Wayne and Karen? Well, how do you improve on perfection? Minnesota may be the land of 10,000 lakes ... but we've found the one that we'll call our vacation home.
- Guest Beth (Texas)
- Date of stay 06/16/12
- Review Submitted 08/05/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, people with disabilities, sightseeing, tourists without a car, age 55+, families with young children.
7 Day Get-a-way 30 Day Escape Full Season Blast May 2013 $850.00/wk $3,200.00/mo Call for rates June 2013 $1000.00/wk $3,400.00/mo Call for rates July 2013 $1,100.00/wk* $3,600.00/mo Call for rates August 2013 $1,100.00/wk* $3,600.00/mo Call for rates Sept.- Oct. 2013 $800.00/wk $3,000.00/mo Call for rates *Rates for weeks 6/29-7/6 & 7/27-8/3 are $1,250.00/wk Prices subject to change
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 2012
- Primary: +1 701-261-5552 Cell Phone--Wayne
- Secondary: +1 701-238-8811 Cell Phone--Karen
- Fax: +1 815-550-1740 Wayne Fax: 815-550-1740
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Toad Lake sunset, add the laughter of a child, and you get ... pricless memories
2 bedroom, air conditioned, lake home.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, July 22, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.