Traditional Style Cottage Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and Beside Sandy Beach
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Special offer: $100 off all weekly bookings Details
Fanore cottage description
Luxury 4 star traditional style cottage nestled between the golden sandy beach and the gentle sloping hills of the Burren, This cottage affords the visitor every modern comfort while retaining the charm of the Traditional Burren Cottage.
It is this perfect combination of the old and the new that make Fanore Holiday Cottage a very special holiday haven. This cottage enjoys spectacular views over the Atlantic ocean, the Aran Islands and Galway Bay.
There is ample parking with large gardens front and back with furnished patio area to sit and enjoy the sun going down over Galway Bay.
Enter via a traditional half door to a spacious open plan living area with overhanging balcony.
There are wooden floors throughout and double height pine ceilings in the living and kitchen areas. The cottage has 4 bedrooms, three of which are at ground level and the 4th which is ensuite is upstairs.
The living area is equipped with TV, Video, DVD and suitable lighting for reading. Visitor information with details of local activities, areas of interest and everything a visitor needs to know about the area. There is an open fire with a complementary fire starter pack bag of turf provide. Additionally all rooms in the cottages are centrally heated.
Large well equipped kitchen with washer/dryer, dishwasher, electric cooker, microwave, toaster, electric kettle, iron and a large selection of cooking utensils and equipment. From the kitchen area double doors open onto a large patio with furniture to the rear of the cottage.
The cottage has 3 bedrooms at ground floor level and the 4th ensuite double bedroom is upstairs accessed via a balcony overhanging the living area. The 3 downstairs bedrooms consist of 1 double room, a twin room with 2 single beds and a single room. All the bedrooms are spacious, well lit and have plenty of storage space. All bed linen and towels are provided. Cots and high chairs are provided free of charge on request.
the main bathroom with bath and overhead shower is downstairs with an additional ensuite bathroom to the double upstairs bedroom.
Additionally the cottage has a large partially enclosed garden, patio furniture with BBQ and large off-road parking area.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Smoking Allowed:
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 7-9
- 3 of the bedroom are on the ground floor as is the main bathroom. The master bedroom is upstairs and this has an ensuite bathroom with a shower. This is accessed via a large balcony area overhanging the living area. All bedrooms have ample storage space, beautiful sold wood floors and matching build in wardrobe units. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
Dining area is part of the large open plan living area. Dining tables and chairs may be moved to the kitchen area is desired where there is plenty of space to accommodate and mountain views to enjoy....moreless
Large open plan kitchen area with double height ceilings adding to the sense of space. Very well equipped but if any additional items requested can be borrowed from owner who lives at the entrance....moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Child's Highchair
- Wood Fireplace:
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Fanore Holiday Cottage is the ideal location for a vacation whether you are looking for an actiion packed adventure, making the most of the outdoors or just want to sit and admire the breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean lapping the unique Burren Coat. This location has something for everyone - it is indeed the hidden gem of Ireland...moreless
- Video Library:
- DVD Player:
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Indoor Pool
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
Fanore is a very quite coastal village with a beautiful sandy beach making it the ideal family holiday location. The beach, which has a blue flag and life guard on duty all summer, is only 5 minutes walk from the cottage. This cottage offers great views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Aran Islands....moreless
Fanore is located in the centre of the world famous Burren national park. This unique landscape provides such a stark contrast to Ireland’s proverbial ‘forty shades of green’. The cottage faces onto one of these magical mountains which are ideal for walking enthusiasts. ...moreless
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Medical Services
- Rock Climbing
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Fanore is a small Atlantic coastal village noted for its crystal waters beach and sand dunes . This scenic, uncommercialised area is great for walkers, with good pubs and restaurants locally and in the nearby villages of Ballyvaughan ( 7 miles) and Doolin (10 miles). The cosmopolitan city of Galway and market town of Ennis are each one hour's drive. Local attractions include the Cliffs of Moher (Nominated for one of the new 7 Wonders of the World), Doolin Cave (with the largest staligtite in the Northern Hemisphere), Ailwee Cave (aware winning attration), Pol na Brone Dolmen (older than the Pyramides in Egypt). However the famour attration is the Burren National Park and Fanore is located at its centre. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Special offer: $100 off all weekly bookings
$100 off all weekly bookings if booked during march 2014
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 19 - Apr 25, 2014
3 night min stay
May 3 - May 30, 2014
2 night min stay
May 31 - Jun 27, 2014
2 night min stay
|July/ August 2014
Jun 28 - Aug 29, 2014
7 night min stay
Aug 30 - Sep 26, 2014
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Shannon at 40 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Dublin at 135 Miles
- Nearest Train: Ennis at 35 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: M7 Dublin - Galway at 35 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Fanore at Fanore
- Nearest Barpub: O'Donoghues, Fanore at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Lahinch at 15 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Vascos Fanore at 1.5 Miles
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Fanore Holiday Cottage is the ideal location for a vacation whether you are looking for an actiion packed adventure, making the most of the outdoors or just want to sit and admire the breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean lapping the unique Burren Coat. This location has something for everyone - it is indeed the hidden gem of Ireland
- Primary: +353 657 076 164 Any time
- Secondary: +353 868238864 This is a mobile/cell phone
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Open Plan Living Area
Over Hanging balance in Living room
Traditional style wooden kitchen
Double bedroom downstairs
The road to Fanore
sunset in Fanore
the Burren coast
Our family of lamas
the curious donkeys as neighbours
Winter swimmers in Fanore
Balcony access to upstairs ensuite bedroom
External photo showing large green areas front and back with ample parking
Limestone paving in the Burren
sunset at Fanore beach
Traditional stone walls in the burren
Unique burren flowers - blue gentian
Our baby alpacas
Wild goats in the mountains above the Cahir valley to the rear of the cottages
Welcome to Fanore
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, March 02, 2014
4 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.