Traditional Burren Farm House Overlooking the Atlantic Ocan
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Fanore cottage description
This restored 19th Century cottage enjoys a wonderful location on the Burren coast road with spectacular views over the ocean, the Aran Islands and Galway Bay. It has a beautiful stone walled garden and large patio area to the rear for outside dining. There is ample parking front and back.
The half door entrance leads to a hallway from which there is access to the dining room, sitting room, kitchen, 2 downstairs bedrooms and main bathroom. Upstairs there are 3 further bedrooms and an additional WC.
The bedrooms are laid out as follows:
Ground floor – 1 single, 1 set of bunk beds
First Floor – 1 double, 1 family (double and single bed) and 1 twin
- Vacation Rental
- Smoking Allowed
- Limited Accessibility
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 2-10
Bathrooms: 1.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
Fanore is a very quite coastal village with a beautiful sandy beach making it the ideal family holiday location. The beach, which has a blue flag and life guard on duty all summer, is only 5 minutes walk from the cottage. This cottage offers great views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Aran Islands....moreless
Fanore is located in the centre of the world famous Burren national park. This unique landscape provides such a stark contrast to Ireland’s proverbial ‘forty shades of green’. The cottage faces onto one of these magical mountains which are ideal for walking enthusiasts. ...moreless
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Medical Services
- Rock Climbing
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Fanore is a small Atlantic coastal village noted for its crystal waters beach and sand dunes . This scenic, uncommercialised area is great for walkers, with good pubs and restaurants locally and in the nearby villages of Ballyvaughan ( 7 miles) and Doolin (10 miles). The cosmopolitan city of Galway and market town of Ennis are each one hour's drive. Local attractions include the Cliffs of Moher (Nominated for one of the new 7 Wonders of the World), Doolin Cave (with the largest staligtite in the Northern Hemisphere), Ailwee Cave (aware winning attration), Pol na Brone Dolmen (older than the Pyramides in Egypt). However the famour attration is the Burren National Park and Fanore is located at its centre. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Rates from $500 per week January to April $600 per week in May $750 per week in June $950 per week in July and August $500 per week in September $500 per week October to December (excl New Year)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Shannon at 40 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Dublin at 135 Miles
- Nearest Train: Ennis at 35 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: M7 Dublin - Galway at 35 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Fanore at Fanore
- Nearest Barpub: O'Donoghues, Fanore at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Lahinch at 15 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Vascos Fanore at 1.5 Miles
About the owner: This cottage along with some agricultural land belonged to our grandparents. When they died none of their children wanted to take over the farm so my partner John did. He started to farm the land and renovated the cottage to let as a holdiay rental. This cottage is over 100 years old and has been in our family since it was built. Many generations of Burkes were born and reared in this house and left from here to work abroad in England or America.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
During the course of renovations we have tried to maintain as far as possible the traditional feel of the cottage while providing all the modern conveniences expected in a holiday rental to-day. It is the blend of the old and the new that make this 19th century cottage unique.
- Primary: +353 657 076 164 Any time
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Traditional Burren Farmhouse
Kitchen with additional dining area
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, June 20, 2013
5 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.