Beautiful Custom Home on Blacktail Mountain
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lakeside house description
The Arctic Mermaid, a charming and unique 3-bedroom, 2-bath custom home sits at the foot of Blacktail Mountain. It includes a luxurious Master suite with a jacuzzi tub. Quarter mile to Flathead Lake with nice public park/beach access and marina. Quiet, forested area with local wildlife trails. Patio with bbq. Hiking and mountain bike trails. Two kayaks and canoe available to renters at no charge.
- Vacation Rental
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 2-5
- Queen size Beds (2), Double Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Gas Fireplace
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Roller Blading
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Glacier National Park, National Bison Range, Flathead Lake, Blacktail Mountain, Whitefish Mountain, Jewel Basin, Hungry Horse Reservoir, North Fork, Bitterroot, Canada. This time of year in NW Montana is beautiful. Our house is right at the foot of Blacktail Mountain where there is downhill skiing, cross-country trails, snowboarding, and snowmobile trails. The lake, which is a quarter mile from the house, is great for cold-weather mackinaw fishing - for the very brave! The Whitefish Winter Carnival at the end of January is enchanting for kids and adults alike. Also in Whitefish is Whitefish Mountain - a ski resort that offers excellent downhill skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and fabulous restaurants and watering holes. Hot Springs is less than an hour's drive and there are several hot mineral springs for those aching muscles....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Thirty Year Renion
Thirty Year Renion
Absolutely fantastic house and location! I came back to Montana for my 30 year high school reunion and stayed at The Artic Mermaid in Lakeside. This house is incredible with all of the personal touches and one-of-a-kind furnishings and design. The story behind this home from it's construction to it's furnishings make even spectacular. The owners a so friendly and some of the most interesting people you will ever meet. I had the pleasure of joining them for kayaking down the Flathead River and on one of the other local lakes. The location is ideal being just minutes from Lakeside and all it has to offer. I highly recommend the large combo pizza at The Spinneker! It was awesome to sit on the patio area and watch the wildlife including deer and wild turkeys as the foraged in the woods and came through the yard. It was equally awesome to sit on the patio at night and gaze at the stars. I saw two huge bright red meteors shooting through the night sky! Anyhow, I highly recommend this place to anyone looking to get away from it all and get back to nature! I will be back!
- Guest Brad (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Date of stay 08/09/12
- Review Submitted 08/14/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
Owner response: It's good to hear you had such an excellent time. We very much enjoyed having you here and were glad to get you out on the water. We appreciated the care you showed for the house and the good shape you left it in. We're getting spoiled! Come back anytime.
A wonderful experience!
A wonderful experience!
Lakeside house is absolutely beautiful, with gorgeous hand-finished wood floors, antique furnishings, modern kitchen, and very friendly owners. The house is brand-new - we were the first renters, and it was a fabulous experience. Nestled in the forest, with fawns and wild turkeys on the lawn in the morning, it is quiet, yet just 5 minutes drive from the town of Lakeside, and 20 (at most) from Kalispell. We were delighted with the care that had gone into the house, the beautiful details, the comfortable furniture, the modern kitchen and the soaring ceiling - which all together made for a cosy, hospitable environment. We will be back in Kalispell, and hope very much to rent the house again.
- Guest Roxane (Salt Lake City, Utah USA)
- Date of stay 08/02/12
- Review Submitted 08/07/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, pet owners, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
Owner response: For the first guests in a new home, these were the best guests we could've hoped for. Truly model guests who we now consider friends and extend the warmest welcome back when in the Northwest.
Great Mountain Hideaway!
Great Mountain Hideaway!
I've stayed in this home a few times over the last four years when I have visited Northwest Montana and found it to be quite relaxing. I perfect hideaway between the lake shore and the ski mountain at Blacktail. The Tamarack Alehouse and Grill is conveniently located nearby and is not to be missed for some of the finest dinning the area has to offer. With the Lakeside docks and marina just around the corner and the ski slopes right up the hill from this home makes for a perfect location for all the area has to offer during at any time of the year.
- Guest jeffalaska (Alaska/Florida)
- Date of stay 01/06/12
- Review Submitted 06/25/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
Owner response: Jeff was our first guest and stayed in the home during the final stages of construction before the house went on-line. He seemed very comfortable and relaxed, and thoroughly enjoyed his stay. We enjoyed his company and his friendship, which endures to this day, and look forward to his next visit to NW Montana and all it offers, especially now that the home is finished.
$1,200/week $600/3-day wknd $250 one night $250 damage deposit refundable $50 cleaning fee
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Glacier National Airport at 17 Miles
- Nearest Train: Whitefish at 25 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 93 at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Lakeside beach at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Tamarack at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Blacktail Mountain at 14 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Kalispell at 12 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Homestead Cafe at 0.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: My name is Brent Poor and I was born in Whitefish, MT and have lived here most of my life. I built this custom home with my own hands from the ground up, from logging the logs to milling the lumber to making the custom front door. I built it with the vacationing family in mind. I love this country, consider myself part of it and love to share it with visitors.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The quiet location and abundant local wildlife coming through the yard at all times makes this an idyllic setting. It's centrally located with easy, quick access to wildlife refuges, parks, wilderness areas, lakes, rivers and streams. Not to mention the spectacular mountain ranges.
- Primary: 406-871-0529
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, June 21, 2013