Casa Villa Golf - Contemporary, Colonial Elegance in San Miguel Style
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ventanas de San Miguel house description
Location: Overlooking the 4th green of Nick Faldo-designed Las Ventanas Club de Golf. Las Ventanas is a gated, fully secure development located 1 mile (1.5km) direct line from the center of downtown San Miguel de Allende, a World Heritage City and cultural paradise.
Description: Stunning contemporary design and appointments, hacienda-style home overlooking the 4th green of the beautiful, Nick Faldo signature Las Ventanas golf course. This house was designed to take advantage of the spectacular views, enriching sunlight, and cool, crisp breeze. House sits on ¼ acre lot with colorful gardens, fruit trees, grass lawn and a solar-heated swimming pool in the rear courtyard and surrounded on 3 sides by a 1st floor loggia (covered patio/courtyard).
The house sleeps 8 comfortably in 4 'suites'. There is a 5th bedroom with a double bed that 'could' be used for a child or single. Three bedrooms are on the first floor (two open onto the loggia), along with an oversized, fully stocked gourmet kitchen built for large groups and entertaining. The kitchen is open to both a dining area and a large living room equipped with large LCD satellite (and internet) TV and MP3/CD/radio music system. Among its many spectacular features, the kitchen is also equipped with an elevator to transport dishes/food/drink to the open air kitchen and dining area for 12 persons on the 3rd floor. The laundry room (and garage) is on first floor.
Up the artistically built stair case to the 2nd floor are two more suites. The rooms open to a huge, 2nd floor loggia complete with gardens and eating areas. The entire loggia overlooks the 4th fairway and makes for enjoyable golf watching.
A stairway leads from the 2nd floor loggia to the 3rd floor open air kitchen and dining area. The views from this area are absolutely spectacular. The Parroquia, San Miguel’s stunning, iconic church, and the city center (El Centro) light up large like a painting. In the opposite direction are unobstructed views of the Sierra Madre valley. For dining or entertaining up here, there is a large gas grill, a refrigerator, lots of counter space and a dining table big enough for up to 12 people.
1. Five-stage water purification system, including sterilization and deionization:
2. Two tankless water heaters (endless hot water);
3. Whole house wireless internet (WiFi);
4. Solar heated swimming pool;
5. Courtyard with contemporary fountain surrounded on 3 sides by loggia;
6. Travertine marble floors throughout
7. Hand carved cantera fireplaces and gas logs in each suite, living room and loggia (6 total);
8. Satellite TV’s (3);
9. Luxury beds and bedding;
10. Dishes elevator from 1st floor kitchen to 3rd floor kitchen;
11. Alarm system with 24x7 monitoring;
12. Open air, 3rd floor kitchen and dining
13. Spectacular views of Parroquia, “Centro”, mountains and valley;
14. Daily maid service;
17. 25% greens fee discount at Las Ventanas’ signature 18-hole golf course
18. Free airport transfers from Leon (BJX) and Queretaro (QRO) via reliable driver with van
Ventanas de San Miguel
• Gated entry and fenced with 24x7 roving security;
• Only 18-hole golf course in region;
• Kentucky Blue Grass fairways;
• Nick Faldo designed;
• Clubhouse with restaurant
• Historical “bull fighting ring” on premises;
• Walking the cart path is a “nature” hike;
• 25% discount on green fees.
- Elevator : 'Kitchen' elevator, 1st-3rd floor outdoor dining
- 6000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 8-9
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Gas Fireplace:
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
- Covered Parking:
- Parking Off Street:
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
Golf Course Front:
Nick Faldo-designed Las Ventanas Club de Golf. Las Ventanas (only 18-hole course in area) is within a gated, fully secure development located only 1 mile (1.5km) direct line from the center of downtown San Miguel de Allende, a World Heritage City and cultural paradise. ...moreless
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Scenic Drives
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- In addition to world class golf at two local courses, San Miguel de Allende is a vibrant community located in Guanajuato, Mexico, nestled on a hillside with a spectacular view of the Guanajuato Mountains. San Miguel de Allende is filled with cobblestone streets, old mansions and centuries old cathedrals. The town is located four hours from Mexico City, and is home to two major art institutions. Wander down the streets and discover 18th century mansions, lovely fountains and historic monuments – all reminders of San Miguel’s illustrious and patriotic past. San Miguel is town that exists primarily on ART of various forms- Fine Art, Performing Art, Culinary Art, Language Art, and Graphic Art. Thus, there's overabundance of galleries, artisan workshops, boutiques, museums, churches and a surprisingly large number of excellent, international restaurants. In fact, San Miguel has a reputation for having the best “small town” dining in all of Mexico. Several artisans’ markets located throughout San Miguel sell traditional crafts, furniture, ceramics, folk art, silver jewelry, tin, glass and more. There’s almost an endless list of activities in and around San Miguel d’Allende, including golf, tennis, hiking, shopping, dining, swimming, public hot baths, hot air balloon rides, theater, concerts, street scenes, parades, festivals, horseback riding and ATV tours in canyons; archaeological tours (e.g. the pyramid at La Canada de la Virgin); museums, art galleries, restaurants, etc...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Amaizing house, very clean
Amaizing house, very clean
Great house, a beatiful landscape, the decoration is perfect, very clean.
- Guest Lola (Mexico)
- Date of stay 02/02/13
- Review Submitted 02/20/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, age 55+.
Stunning Vacation Spot
Stunning Vacation Spot
Your Review is Pending Please read and confirm your review for Property #423646 below. Review #5203508 Stunning Vacation Spot We vacationed at Casa Villa Golf over the Christmas holiday with three other couples and highly recommend it for anyone seeking a relaxing, but exciting destination. The house itself is breathtaking, and with each master featuring a bathroom, there was plenty of space to comfortably fit all four couples. The multitude of levels also made it very easy to be with everyone else, or choose to be away from the group. For myself, the marquee of the home is the sparkling and immaculate pool sitting just off the green (yes - I was soaking in the sun in December!). My hubby, however, would say his favorite part is opening the front door to an easy 5 mile run along the community trailways before hitting the golf course just out the back door. Our group was thoroughly impressed at the level of service provided by the driver who made our first foray into Mexico comfortable and informative. The daily cleaning service was a nice touch as well! I certainly didn't want to clean up after 8 people each day. The house is equipped with every amenity we needed - all impeccably clean.Make sure you partake in the 3rd floor view at sunset. Cocktails and appetizer hour are a must as the sun setting through the peaks is absolutely amazing.Thank you for making our first trip to Mexico a perfect vacation. It certainly won't be our last to your beautiful home!
- Guest Italybound (Nashville, TN)
- Date of stay 12/20/11
- Review Submitted 06/15/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|All 2013, except Xmas/New Year
Oct 27 - Dec 20, 2013
2 night min stay
|X-Mas, 2013/New Year, 2014
Dec 21 - Jan 5, 2014
3 night min stay
|All 2014 except X-mas/New Year
Jan 6 - Dec 19, 2014
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable damage security deposit of $1,000usd is due prior to check in.
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: This property is owned by Leigh and Charlene Hayes. After falling in love with San Miguel, we were married there in 1995 and returned frequently for vacation and bask in its wonderful weather. We stayed in Centro, the center of the city, each time we visited and conveniently walked to most places. We decided during one vacation that if ever we purchased vacation property in San Miguel, we want it to be close to Centro, but away from its noise and congestion.
Why the Owner Chose Ventanas de San Miguel:
We purchased property soon after learning about the Ventanas golf course community development located ONLY one mile from Centro.We took 2 years to design and build our Casa Villa Golf, which was completed late 2011. Now we get to hear the church bells in the distance, view the fireworks remotely and enjoy no traffic noise.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Whether a golfer, a shopper, an adventurer or a naturalist, the setting of Casa Villa Golf is ideal, and overlooks the 4th green of the Ventanas golf course. Views of Centro are spectacular, especially at night, as are the panoramic views of soaring mountains and luscious valleys. While our preferred design style is contemporary, we fell in love with the colonial architecture of San Miguel with its local design principles to bring 'the outdoors inside'. So Casa Villa Golf combines contemporary and colonial designs with details that take advantage of the warm sun, cool breeze and 360 degree views. Casa Villa Golf has 5 bedrooms, four of which are master suites, and is perfect for a golf vacation with friends and/or family. Its solar heated swimming pool, walking gardens, satellite tv, wireless internet and large common areas provide lots to do when hanging around the casa. Aside from enjoying world class golf on site at Ventanas (or at the other San Miguel's golf course), shopping and dining in Centro is just minutes away by car or a 20 minute walk.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of rear of house from Fairway
Front entrance and gardens
Water feature on first floor loggia
Dining under 1st Floor loggia
Master Suite #1 (first floor) with king Bed
Stairway to 2nd Floor
Master bedroom #4 (2nd floor) with king bed
View from 3rd floor kitchen and dining area
3rd floor kitchen and dining area
View of Centro from hole #17 at Ventanas
View of house from Calle Marialba
Gardens at rear of property
1st floor loggia, terazza and swimming pool
Entrance Foyer with Boveda ceiling
Kitchen and indoor dining area.
Master Suite #2 (1st floor) with king bed
Master suite #3 (2nd floor) with king bed
2nd floor loggia and sitting area under pergola
Night on the Loggia
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!