The Lennon Cottage*** Reserve Now for Summer 2014***
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Wrightsville Beach cottage description
Our cottage has an upper and lower level. These are each totally self-contained and can be rented separately or together.
The upper level has an ocean view from the wrap-around front porch. This makes a relaxing gathering place to enjoy the cool breezes and look out over the ocean. The upper cottage has a fully stocked kitchen, a living room, and a dining room, one bathroom, and 3 bedrooms. There is also a small back porch.
The lower lever also has a wrap-around front porch. There is a combination living room and dining room, a fully stocked kitchen, one bathroom, and 3 bedrooms.
There is a laundry room on the lower back porch which can be shared by both the upper and lower levels. There is also an outside shower with hot and cold water.
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking Off Street:
- Washing Machine:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Wireless Internet
Location & View
- Beach View:
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Parks
- Wildlife Viewing
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- *****Relax and enjoy your vacation at Wrightsville Beach!**** Wrightsville Beach is a great family beach located 5 miles from Wilmington, NC, just a few miles from Interstate 40. Wrightsville Beach is famous for its beautiful wide sandy beach, cool blue waters, and friendly family atmosphere. Our cottage is located just 4 houses back from the beach! The Lennon cottage was built by our grandfather in 1947. It is centrally located and within walking distance to many of the island's fine restraurants and local shops. Enjoy a fine dinner at the Oceanic Restaurant, or watch the Intracoastal boats from The Bridge Tender or Dockside Restaurants. Close by are jogging trails, rentals for kayaks, bikes and roller blades, sailing, and scuba diving. Excellent golf courses and charters for Gulf Stream fishing are also nearby. There is a fun water park on Oleander Dr. in Wilmington. The USS North Carolina Battleship, the North Carolina Sea Aquarium and the Fort Fisher Civil War fortress and museum are easily accessible from here. Wilmington has an interesting historic district commemorating events from the Revolutionary War. Stroll through the old town along the Cape Fear River for a wide variety of coffee shops and Southern Cuisine. There is a 'Children's Museum' and even a Snake Museum (Serpintarium) in town....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great location and a great deal!
Great location and a great deal!
Wonderful old-time beach house with updated amenities! My wife and daughter and I stayed here during a UNCW college visit. Great location and a great deal for Wrightsville Beach. We would definitely rent the Lennon cottage again on a return visit to Wrightsville.
- Guest UNCW alum (Woodstock, GA)
- Date of stay 09/19/12
- Review Submitted 09/26/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
$200.00 Deposit (applies to rent)
Half due by four months in advance
Full due by two months in advance
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: ILM, Wilmington International Airport at 10 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 40 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Wrightsville Beach at 20 Metres
Year Purchased: 1947
Why the Owner Chose Wrightsville Beach:
Several generations of our family have enjoyed vacationing here for over 65 years. We have a number of renters who have also choosen our cottage for their family vacations; some have been returning for over 20 years.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
It is about 100 feet from our front porch to the beach. This makes it easy for children, and adults too, to walk back and forth from the beach to the cottage to pick up more sunscreen, to grab more drinks, or to 'use the facilities'. There are no roads to cross, no traffic to worry about. We are close enough to the pier (Johnnie Mercer's Pier) to walk up for the pin-ball machines. Yet, we are far enough away to avoid some of the crowds that gather near the pier. It's easy to walk up to the business district to get a 'Carolina hotdog' or a smoothie at The Trolley Stop'. The University of North Carolina-Wilmington is about 8 miles away. Frequently students come to enjoy the night scene in this business area.
- Primary: 704-554-1982
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
11 East Asheville Street, Wrightsville Beach, NC. Parking off the street.
Upper level dining room with pass-through window to kitchen.
Upper level middle bedroom. Double bed.
Lower level living room and dining room with pass-through window to kitchen.
Lower level front bedroom. Queen bed.
Playing in the waves...1 minute walk from the cottage.
Kite surfing at Wrightsville Beach.
Lots of fun for all ages. Walk from beach to cottage in about 1 minute.
Fastastic birding, especially at the south end of the beach.
Oyster catcher takes a stroll along the beach.
Ocean View from Upper level front porch.
Upper level Living room. A great gathering spot.
Upper level front bedroom. 1 queen bed and 1 twin bed.
Upper level back bedroom. Double bed.
Lower level kitchen.
Lower level middle bedroom. Double bed.
Surfing in the waves from the beach at the end of Asheville Street.
Sunrise through Johnnie Mercer's Pier, about 5 minutes walk from our cottage.
Great place for family gatherings.
Black Skimmers. They have a nesting colony at the south end of the beach.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 13, 2013
3 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.