'Historic' and Gorgeous Late-19th-Century 'Summer Retreat'
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
'Blueberry Lodge' is a late-19th-century, 'shingle style' masterpiece -- now fully restored to its original glory (and 'winterized' as well).
Four 'orthodox' bedrooms (each for two persons) and a (also-two-person) second-floor 'sleeping porch'. Cathedral-ceilinged Living Room, two full bathrooms, 'full' kitchen, first-floor and second-floor porches, 'walk-in' cellar and cellar-level 'lower deck'. House is surrounded by lawn -- with the south-side lawn unusually spacious by normal Sorrento standards.
The preceding is just a 'barebones' summary of what is the 'Blueberry Lodge' experience -- a MUCH more detailed description is available upon request.
- Vacation Rental
Pets are welcomed, however, should your pet be joining you on vacation, we ask you to make sure that they do not damage the delicate door screens of the property and further, if you have a pet that is a 'shedder', we request that you make sure to keep them off the furniture!...moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- Queen size Beds (2) Master bedroom 1st floor, Guest room - convertible sofa, Double Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (2), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) On second floor sleeping porch (queen size), Bunk Beds (2) Window seats in the 'TV room' and great room that can (and have) accommodated small children!...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Linens Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Wood Fireplace
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Broadband Access
- Computer Available
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Deepsea Fishing
- Medical Services
- Basketball Court
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Whale Watching
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Sorrento - A 'Classic' Down East Maine 'summer community' -- very definitely in the 'they-don't-make-them-like-that-anymore' category. A real 'Brigadoon' throwback to another 'era'. Both Sorrento itself and the surrounding ('Down East') region are visually spectacular in the June-through-at-least-late-October time period. The property itself -- 'Blueberry Lodge' -- was originally constructed in the 1880s and is either the oldest or second-oldest 'summer home' in Sorrento. Completely 'restored' and unarguably gorgeous. And the also-spectacular 'main section' of Acadia National Park (on 'Mount Desert Island' in Frenchman Bay) is only a 10-minute motorboat ride or 25-minute 'drive-around' away. (Acadia's so-called 'Schoodic Section' is located right next door to Sorrento in Winter Harbor.) IMPORTANT: A MUCH MORE 'EXHAUSTIVE' TREATMENT OF 'BLUEBERRY LODGE', SORRENTO AND THE NEIGHBORING REGION IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
'High Season' (June 30-September 3, 2012): $2000/week 'Bracket Seasons' (May 1-June 30 and September 3-October 28, 2012): $1,500/week 'Off-Season': Inquire of Owner
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner/manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 1981
About the owner: Donal Barrett is a long-since (1972)-'transplanted'-to-Greater-Boston native of Manhattan and the mid-Atlantic. Susan Barrett is a long-since-'transplanted'-to-the-US (mainly NY and Boston) Brit. Mr. Barrett is a 'recovered'-lawyer-turned-'entrepreneur'. Mrs. Barrett, who began her working life as a nurse -- first in London and then in Australia and the US -- has 're-invented' herself more times than anyone (including her) can count. For a decade-or-more she served as the Public Relations Vice President for the Jim Henson Company (the Muppets) and, more recently, has held assorted positions in the 'public broadcasting' world.
Why the Owner Chose Sorrento:
Why not? Sorrento & 'Blueberry Lodge' is not only gorgeous -- it's 'dripping' with history. (Only one example: The property's original owner, Daniel Lamont, was Grover Cleveland's Secretary of War.) And if there's a lovelier June-through-October 'venue' than Sorrento, please tell us about it -- we sure as heck haven't found any!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Indelible memories -- of a unique place.
- Primary: (508) 785-1618 (Massachusetts, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Blueberry Lodge, Sorrento Maine
Greatroom - Stone Fireplace
Greatroom - Second Floor Art Gallery
Second Floor Porch
Main Floor Sun porch
Road to Harbor & Stone's-throw-away "Barrett's Beach". Veiw from Blueberry Lodge
Village architecture - Local Historic "Seasonal" Church
Veiw of Mount Desert Island
Greatroom - Sitting area
Bird's eye view of Greatroom
Relax with a cup of tea
Sun Porch - Outside eatting area
Local Tennis Courts
Sorrento Harbor and Dock
Sunset by Kayak, Frenchman's Bay
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013