Modern Guesthouse 90 Min North of Boston - New Reno
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Concord house description
Nestled in the woods 90 minutes North of Boston (and 20 minutes North of Concord, New Hampshire) this newly renovated 800 square foot (75 sq meter) passive solar 'barn' is ideal for short getaways and longer holiday escapes to explore New England.
This newly renovated guesthouse has been transformed into a Scandinavian influenced modern design open concept 1 bedroom loft with small adjacent sleeping nook perfect for kids. Additional air mattress available - sleeps up to 6.
Set back from road and very private, the property boasts loads of light and hardwood floors throughout - in addition to a greenhouse for soaking up the sun.
House faces directly onto a garden and spacious country outdoor area for evening drinks and outdoor dining in the warmer months. In the colder months, the winter wonderland surrounds the cottage, while the fireplace, a cup of tea and good book keep you cozy indoors.
Iron, hair dryer, vacuum, TV, DVD/CD player (with iPod speaker hook up)
Basic Cable, Wifi Internet and Land line Telephone (international calls subject to charge)
Trash removal (Wed or Sat/weekly)
Plowing (in winter) & lawn mowing (in summer)
Easily reachable Landlord for any issues and questions
NH International Raceway,Skiing, Hiking, Kayaking, Canoeing, Zipline tree-top canopy tours in the White Mountains, Golf, Tennis, Fishing, Baking Classes at King Arthur Flour in Vermont, Herb Classes at Shaker Village Canterbury, local smoke house and maple syrup production just around the corner are just a few of the days trips accessible from the property. Not to mention the lovely local walks accessible by stepping out the front door.
Year-round the area is rich in a wide variety of activities - an hour's drive North to the White Mountains and an hour East to New Hampshire and Maine Seacoast.
- 800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6, Beds for 2-6
- Queen size Beds (1) 1 Queen Bed in Sleeping Loft - loft has high ceiling in center that does follow the slop of the roof on one side of the room. Furnished with bureau, chair and clothes hanging rack., Baby Cribs (1) NO crib but there is a nice high chair., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) (Available 9/1/12) Air Matress available if needed for additional sleeping space in small room with low ceiling that is adjacent to the loaf bedroom space. Separated by a door but access to bathroom and downstairs requires going through the loft bedroom space,. It is very cozy and great for sporty types or kids....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
Completely equipped kitchen with new gas stove, dishwasher and refrigerator. Set of dishes for 10, serving dishes, salad bowl, wine glasses, demitasse set, cordial glasses, cooking utensils, mixing bowls, baking pans, cooking pots. panini maker, crock pot, coffee maker, lobster pot, cake pans and more....moreless
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Linens Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Rock Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Water Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Outlet Shopping
- Bird Watching
- Cross Country Skiing
- Massage Therapist
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Just North of Concord, New Hampshire, the cottage is located one hour South of the White Mountains and one hour West of the charming New Hampshire/Maine Seacoast. The property is a stone’s throw from the Canterbury Shaker Village - a beautiful historic village open for tours, gardening and other talks, fairs and activities throughout the year plus access to 3,000 acres of surrounding walking trails and ponds for the nature enthusiast or cross country skier. The Loudon International Raceway, for NASCAR enthusiasts, is a ten minute drive as well. Our property makes the perfect home base for exploring locally and a little bit further afield be it the mountains, the sea or getting lost on the windy roads somewhere between one and the other. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Comfy and quiet getaway from the city
Comfy and quiet getaway from the city
My husband and I stayed in Tory's place for the weekend and LOVED our experience. The cottage is modern, impeccably clean, tastefully decorated and a comfortable retreat from city life. Located on a quiet country street, the cottage is somewhat remote and a drive from nearby Concord, but you couldn't ask for more serene and beautiful surroundings. The cottage is set back from the main road, so all you hear are the birds and sounds of nature. With a full kitchen, we were able to cook meals in the cottage and hang out. There were many games and books, as well as a nice TV and stereo. The loft bedroom was quite comfortable too. Although it has a pitched roof, you can stand up and walk around in the loft. It's only short on one side, where it may be harder to stand. The cottage was much bigger than we expected, too, and extremely comfortable. There was a living area, a second couch sitting area, a small dining table with chairs, as well as a porch. Tory was very helpful, recommending restaurants in the area, as well as putting us in touch with Jill and Tim at neighboring North Family Farm, where we bought homemade maple syrup, maple cream, and honey. A wonderful and yummy memory from our weekend in NH.
- Guest PJBoston (Boston, MA)
- Date of stay 08/10/12
- Review Submitted 08/13/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Additional fee of $50/night if more than 4 people.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Manchester, NH at 35 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Woods Hole, MA to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard at 120 Miles
- Nearest Train: Boston, MA at 90 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Rt 93 at 8 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Weirs Beach in Laconia, NH at 15 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Gunstock Ski Area - Guilford, NH at 20 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Canterbury Country Club at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Egg Shell Restaurant at 4 Miles
Year Purchased: 1980
About the owner: Greetings - Thank you for taking a look at our property. I have lived in the area since the mid-70's, and as much as I love traveling and seeing the world, I love coming home to the area and the fresh air and open skies of New Hampshire after being away. I grew up in Connecticut and have been a professional in education on many levels since returning from the Peace Corps in Ethiopia in 1973. I currently live on the property up the hill in the main house on the property - don't worry - privacy I appreciate and respect - so you'll only see me to welcome you or when you need assistance with something. I hope you will come enjoy our country retreat. We love the space and think you will too...
Why the Owner Chose Concord:
I built the property in 1980 after buying the land from an old local family that owns much of the land in the area. The rolling hills and fields around the house are thanks to this family that have put hundreds of acres in land trust so they cannot be developed. We all get to enjoy the benefits of a gorgeous natural surrounding!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our daughter lived in New York City for years and loved the escape of coming to the cottage and having all the luxuries of a new space in a very old simple and amazingly fresh surrounding. The old barn got a face lift and all the sudden we were flooded with guests :)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Shaker Guest house fully equipped kitchen
View from Kitchen/Summer Entry
Summer at Shaker Village Canterbury
Winterscape on our main road
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, July 20, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.