You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Maianbar house description
Here is Fisherman’s Bay Beach House. A self-contained, modestly furnished but very comfortable waterfront holiday home catering for up to 8 people. Adults have choice of two double bedrooms, kids can have the huge double bunks in the boatshed, and the sofa bed is a small double. What your beach house lacks in expensive minimalism, it returns with bonus in comfort and character. All beds are new and exceptionally comfortable. There is a functional kitchen with large kitchen table overlooking Fisherman’s Bay no more than 8 metres away. You have a separate (outside) bathroom and toilet with a great shower. And on-street parking at the top of the block.
Parking is limited at the top of the block, and there is a moderately steep, wobbly pathway down to the house. The kitchen has all the mod-cons, with plenty of glassware and tableware, and the dining table, pew seating and stools will fit 8 at a squeeze, all just 8m from Fisherman’s Bay. Through from the kitchen is the main bedroom, with an extremely comfortable Queen double bed and large built-in wardrobe. In the next room a second Queen double is partitioned from the living room by full length curtains. It also has a superb mattress and a wardrobe. A step down, the living room also has a full view of the Bay. There are several lounge chairs, with the two-seater also doubling as a fold-out bed. Sliding doors open onto the small front lawn - 10 steps and you’re in the water!
Just away from the main house is the boatshed where children can sleep on brand new King size bunk beds.
There is a BBQ plate and outdoor furniture setting from which you contemplate the Bay and the good life! Fish, swim or embark in our two kayaks right from the front lawn!
Note also that the bathroom and toilet block is outside the main house – just 10 or 12 metres away. While small, they are clean, tidy and functional – in fact the shower is as good as it gets, with great pressure and lots of hot water! No laundry, but there is a clothes line beside the house.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Considered:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- Queen size Beds (2) Two queen beds with excellent, new mattresses., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) A small double sofa bed, which has just a thin mattress and is not terribly comfortable - recommend for use only if more than six people staying - please bring your own linen and towels, Bunk Beds (2) A pair of brand new, king size single beds, under-and-over, with excellent, new mattresses and bedding...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Sorry, but the toilet amenities are in a separate block just beside the main house. Wimps don't bother. It's all clean and tidy, and has a great shower. The boathouse is doubling as a kids bedroom, with the two new, large king single double beds in there. Carpeted but otherwise not decorated - it's there for sleeping! We provide three kayaks purchased beginning of 2012: two singles and a double (which also fits a wee kid - or dog?) We also provide a pump to catch bait (nippers) out on the sand-bar, for fishing; and a couple of rods and hand reels and some essential fishing tackle We should have purchased a new barbeque by about September 2012 - please enquire The path leading down to the house entrance is quite tricky so special care must be taken Sorry, no TV and the only music setup is a reasonably good iPod dock. There are lots of books there, and more coming each trip we make!...moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- You are less than an hour from central Sydney. You are right on the edge of the Port Hacking Bay and looking across Fisherman’s Bay to Lilli Pilli, Burraneer Bay & Little Turriell Bays. At low tide you have a 50 hectare, flat sand back yard. At full tide, it’s the Port Hacking’ waters folding gently onto your boatshed ramp. You have 1400 square Km of National park within a literal cooee. You have kayaks (3), a nipper pump (for bait) and fishing rods. You don’t have a TV. You have books and an ipod dock. You don’t need a TV and you need a good read. You need to relax. Escape stress. Stop. Fish. Paddle. Walk. Treck. Explore. Lie down with your head on the sandbar and your hot body in the fresh waters of Cabbage Tree Creek as it flows into Simpsons Bay. At the end of a hot day, settle down on the lawn beside the bay, and enjoy a barbeque. Maianbar is a very low-key water-side village with a population of 524. Despite its proximity, the village is a world away from city life and has a lovely green, artistic, relaxed feel. Within its enormous protected park environment in the world's oldest National Park, you will find aboriginal carvings, magnificent walking trails, and pristine beaches. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
June 29 - July 15 holiday period $1610 for the week plus $230 per additional day Sept 21 - Oct 7 holiday period $1610 for the week plus $230 per additional day Dec 14 - Jan 28 holiday period $1990 for the week plus $280 per additional day All other times $1260 for the week plus $180 per additional day SEVEN DAY MINIMUM STAY Bond $650 A cleaning fee of $100 will apply to each stay A deposit of half accommodation tarrif secures a booking
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: We are Veterinarians operating our own equine and small animal hospital in the Hunter Valley, about 4 hours north of Sydney. Our children are still at school (boarding, in Sydney) and we love to spend the occasional weekends at our Maianbar house, kayaking at high tide, and walking the sand bar at low tide. It's one of our few total rest spells.
Why the Owner Chose Maianbar:
We couldn't believe it when we found that there exists such a quiet, undisturbed and very small village, right by the water and so close to Sydney. For us it's a hidden secret and, frankly, we hope it stays that way. We actually own and rent out the two other houses on the block, long term, and we're really lucky that our tenants are so nice and unobtrusive also.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We love it for not being a modern, expensive minimalist house; it's a cosy, simply comfortable beach house, with great beds, a sunny aspect, and an easy access to nature. We enjoy the minor challenges of an outdoor bathroom and boatshed for the kids' bedroom, in the same vein as we enjoyed our childhood beach-side holidays. The bay and water are just six steps away from the kitchen table and the living room. The kitchen area is a lovely place to chat and dwell on long lunches and dinners. We love a walk at dusk, 800 yards out across the sandbar, almost to the Sydney side of Port Hacking. We love the chitchat when we all go pumping in the sandbar for nippers to use as fishing bait - and fishing from the front lawn. And kayaking together around the shore of the National Park, up Cabbage Tree Creek or for several miles up the Hacking River, is bliss. Maianber contains only houses and one small shop, which offers essential provisions and serves a great breakfast, morning tea or afternoon tea, and where you can catch up on the parochial hot gossip with the friendly locals! There is also an 'Art Trail' one Sunday per month, when up to a dozen artists will open their galleries all day, and you can walk to them all (including several in the neighbouring town, Bundeena, about 1Km walk away). There is a huge range of tracks within the Royal Naitional Park, also, which you can walk at your liberty, through hills and ravines and along coastal hills which were once home to Aboriginal tribes
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
83c Pacific Crescent, tide out!
The beach house (the blue one) - tide's in!
Second double bed room
The blue house, from the boatshed
The old boat at low tide, looking across the bar towards Sydney side
The bar, as tide's almost fully out
Our daughter with Ella, taken from the boat ramp
Bundeena to Cronulla Ferry
Palona Caves in Royal National Park
Yacht off Jibbon Point in Royal National Park
Looking NE from Fisherman's Bay just around from our house
Kitchen & dining room
The boatshed (kids' room)
Main double bed room
The living area from the second double bed room
The beach house from above
Panorama across the bay at night
View to Sydney side from the (sand) bar
Garie Beach - Royal National Park
Royal National Park walking track
Kayaks in Port Hacking
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, June 23, 2013