Gulf Breeze at Barrier Dunes, Cape San Blas, Close to Beach
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Barrier Dunes townhome description
Gulf Breeze is a tastefully-decorated Gulf View townhome located in the beautiful gated community of Barrier Dunes.
Here you will find your home away from home on an uncrowded, pet friendly, sugar-white beach where you can relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Barrier Dunes borders the picturesque St. Joseph Peninsula State Park.
Your vacation home awaits!
Our main living area, located on the first floor, features a fully-stocked kitchen, dining area, living room with TV, DVD player, and a collection of movies, games and books for your family to enjoy.
LIVING ROOM - Spacious sitting area plus a Queen sleeper sofa featuring cable TV, DVD, selection of movies for your family to enjoy.
KITCHEN - Fully-equipped with microwave, dishwasher, blender, coffee maker, refrigerator with ice maker, and toaster. Assortment of cookware, glasses,and utensils to make your stay enjoyable.
BEDROOM - Queen bed with ceiling fan, TV, clock radio, and private balcony that overlooks the fresh-water pond and fountain.
MAIN DECK - Overlooks and provides access to the beautiful grounds and features a gas grill, a table that seats six, and a gate allowing safety for children and pets.
UPSTAIRS - Master suite features a queen bed, ceiling fan, and sliding glass doors opening to your private balcony with a Gulf view and its beautiful sunsets and sounds of the ocean. The bathroom has a separate garden tub and a walk-in shower.
LAUNDRY ROOM - Full-size washer and dryer, ironing board with iron, and extra storage.
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Covered Parking:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Adjacent to Barrier Dunes is St. Joseph Peninsula State Park which occupies the northern 10 miles of the peninsula. An eight-mile paved bike path runs along the road leading to Barrier Dunes. Barrier Dunes is a very well maintained gated community with a clubhouse available for receptions and family reunions. Within the complex is a playground, fresh-water fishing ponds, and open grassy areas for tossing a ball or a Frisbee....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Video Library
Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
- Deepsea Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- ACTIVITIES ON THE CAPE: ST. JOSEPH PENINSULA STATE PARK - Adjacent to Barrier Dunes and offers a natural setting for hiking, biking, and wildlife viewing. CAPE TRADING POST - Located minutes from Barrier Dunes, the Trading Post offers a full line of groceries, fresh meats, produce, fresh pizzas, souvenirs, beer, wine and a fully-stocked liquor store. SCALLOP COVE BP - You'll find everything you need for a fun-filled vacation. Equal parts gas station, restaurant, grocery store, outfitter, beach shop and souvenir stand. You can rent anything you will need for the beach. Features the Bait Shop with the only live bait on the cape. HAPPY OURS - Kayak and canoe outpost located on the bay for easy access to fishing and scalloping grounds. Specializes in guided eco-tours, fishing and snorkeling trips, and has local delivery for your convenience. CONE HEADS - Much more than an ice cream shop! Features homemade hand-tossed pizzas and gulf seafood specialties. Surprisingly good casual dining inside and out. ACTIVITIES OFF THE CAPE: ST.JOSEPH BAY GOLF CLUB - A pristine 18-hole championship golf course located along beautiful St. Joseph Bay. Mature trees, lush fairways, sloping greens and strategically placed hazards highlight this traditional layout. CONGO CHARTERS - Capt. Earl Middleton has 25 years experience fishing in the gulf. He operates a 25' Mako and he will supply everything you will need for an exciting fishing trip. PRESNELL'S BAYSIDE MARINA - The marina offer a full range of service including fishing and tackle equipment. We've personally rented a pontoon for cruising the large bay. You'll get pictures not available from the shore. PORT ST. JOE MARINA - This in-town marina features charter fishing trips, boat rentals, sunset cruises and more!. The Dockside Cafe is a great place to enjoy a lunch overlooking the marina. INDIAN PASS RAW BAR - If you like a casual, kid-friendly place to enjoy Apalachicola oysters, steamed shrimp, and corn dogs (for the kids), you'll love this popular establishment. It's a landmark in the area and only about 20 minutes from Barrier Dunes. Hint: It's closed on Sundays and Mondays. CAPE SAN BLAS LIGHTHOUSE - Boasting 150 years of history, enjoy a tour of the lighthouse and/or some great shelling where the cape meets the peninsula. APALACHICOLA - While it's a 30 minute drive, 'Apalach' offers a number of casual and fine dining restaurants and a unique shopping experience. Park the car and stroll around the town. MUST SEE MAGAZINE - Check out the current edition of things to do and see on Florida's forgotten coast....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My daughter and I spent several days at this home. It was clean, well-furnished and stocked with what we needed. The beaches are beautiful and not at all crowded; just a quick walk from the townhome. I would recommend this place for those who want to get away from it all and just enjoy the area. The state park is a short distance away; something that has to be seen and enjoyed. The peace and quiet in the area is priceless.
- Guest pam k.
- Date of stay 05/01/13
- Review Submitted 05/09/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, pet owners, romantic getaway, families with young children.
We had a wonderful time. The condo was very nicely furnished and equipped. We had everything we needed in the kitchen, just like being at home but with a great view of the Gulf. Barrier Dues is very secure and the beach was not crowded at all. The area had lots to offer, especially the Indian Pass Raw Bar. We'll be back next year.
- Guest Hal (Atlanta Ga)
- Date of stay 06/23/12
- Review Submitted 09/07/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, pet owners, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: We're so glad you enjoyed your experience at Gulf Breeze in Barrier Dunes, and thank you for your review. We hope you'll become yet another repeat guest.
May 15, 2012 - September 15, 2012 $1250/week $208/night, 3 night minimum September 16, 2012 - January 2, 2013 $1030/week $172/night, 3 night minimum January 3, 2013 - March 15, 2013 $865/week $144/night, 3 night minimum March 16, 2013 - May 14, 2013 $1030/week $172/night, 3 night minimum A cleaning fee of $75 and sales tax of 11% will be added. Pet fee(non-refundable): $10/night/pet, maximum 2 We do accept PayPal.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Primary: +1 404.518.2350
- Secondary: +1 404.518.2350
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of the gulf from our master bedroom balcony
A view of the gulf from the beach-side pool
A busy day at our beach.
Another ho-hum sunset
A closer view of our unit from the back
The beach at Cape San Blas
The dunes at sunset
Map of Barrier Dunes
Our clubhouse and beach-side pool
A sunset seen from the beach at Barrier Dunes
Our horseshoe of units with ours to the right of the chimney
Some Barrier Dunes units as seen from the beach
The dunes leading down to the beach
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, September 17, 2013