VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
* Lake House on Galway Lake * Private 20 by 40 ft dock * Sleeps 6-7 people * 2 bedrooms: double bed and two twins * Large living room with fire place and pull out Queen Bed * Large bar area with a pull out Twin bed * Large sundeck with additional picnic area with outdoor fire place *Swimming, fishing boat, kayaking, and sailing on lake. * Hardwood floors *knotty pine interior *Full bar *Eat-in kitchen * New bathroom and shower *Common area in grove with shuffleboard, horse shoes, club-house, swing set, volleyball court, basketball court and baseball field. *18 minutes from Saratoga race track *10 minutes to fine dining restaurants * Coin laundry * Local grocery and diner *30 minutes to Lake George * babysitting available * Limousine service to the Saratoga race track available
Summer (Non-Track Season) Jul 1 - Jul 23, 2015 3 night min stay
Saratoga Race Track Season Jul 24 - Aug 31, 2015 3 night min stay
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit$500
1. We send you rental lease to look over
2. If you agree with lease you will mail it to our address signed with check including agreed upon rent amount and refundable deposit
3. Once we receive signed lease and check we will reserve your time frame
4. We meet you at property with keys during check in time
5. Leave keys in drop box when check out
6. We mail back your deposit
7. No more than 5 people allowed to stay over at property
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Galway Lake is a man made lake with a surface area of about 564 acres and only 18 minutes from Downtown Saratoga springs. Saratoga attractions include the thoroughbred race track, the Racino, Saratoga national golf course, the Yaddo gardens, extensive boutique shopping, a variety of dynamic restaurants including fine dining, coffee houses, diners, bars, fast food, ice cream shops and organic options, parks, classy night life including live music in downtown Saratoga. Lake George is 30 minutes away where the great escape theme park resides. In Lake George there are boat excursions, parasailing, jet skiing, cruises, night life, and a variety of restaurants.
Year Purchased: 1960
About the owner: Our family has owned this summer home for over 50 years, we are the third generation and we have created wonderful family memories on this property. Our family still lives in saratoga county. We have many stories based around our kayaking, fishing, swimming, and roasting marshmallows. This is a very family oriented grove of summer homes where the atmosphere and community is serene and relaxing.
Why the Owner Chose Saratoga Springs: This property was purchased by my father after he came back from WWII. He purchased it for a summer home for his parents who loved to be near the water. It has been passed down to my generation where myself and my children fully enjoy it.
The Unique Benefits at this House: The full view of the lake from every part of the house makes everyone fall in love with this lake house. The private 20 by 40 ft dock on the lake allows you to relax in a quiet, peaceful and serene atmosphere. We love to sit on the dock in the morning with a cup of coffee while the sun rises. The large dock and private setting allows us to have quality family time.