High Tide at Cane Creek: Comfort, Convenience & Affordability
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Our part-time mountain home is a 12-year old modular home that we renovated and refurbished in early 2012. It has three bedrooms and two full baths, with a great room and eat-in kitchen. The master suite has a king-sized memory foam bed, dressing/vanity area with walk-in closet, and en suite bath. The guest bedroom features a queen-sized four poster rice bed, and the third bedroom has a twin bed with a roll-out trundle bed if needed. The house is air conditioned by central heat pump and has a dual fuel furnace for comfort during periods of extreme cold. All three bedrooms benefit from the great sounds of the rushing creek that borders our lot in the back, and a second bold stream across the road in front.
Enjoy your morning coffee at our cafe table on the new front deck, or relax closer to the stream in one of several Adirondack chairs on the back deck. Although the house is technically not 'handicapped accessible', there is a new ramp to make access from the graveled parking area much easier.
One of our favorite past times at our mountain home is gathering around a roaring fire in the fire pit, as cool evenings make this useable even on summer evenings (help yourself to the split oak under the tarp!). When you're ready to cook dinner, there's the gas grill on the back deck, and our kitchen table easily sits six.
- 1200 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Limited Accessibility:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Parking Off Street:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Air Conditioning:
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Hair Dryer
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Climbing
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Our mountain getaway is located about 5 miles from Bakersville in the Cane Creek Community of Mitchell County, about 25 minutes from the Penland School of Crafts. Mitchell County is said to have more artisans per capita than any area in the US, and the area's many studios and galleries are always fun to explore. Here you're surrounded by unsurpassed mountain beauty and gracious communities - but if you're looking for theme parks, shopping malls, crowds & traffic you're in the wrong place. Explore the charming shops and galleries in Bakersville (pop. 464), Spruce Pine and Burnsville, all within a 30-minute ride. Looking for more attractions? The more commercial areas of Boone/Blowing Rock and Asheville are about an hour away, in opposite directions. About 30 minutes up Highway 261 there's the magnificent peaks of Roan Mountain (NC's second highest peak) with the NC/TN border and the Appalachian Trial running along its ridge. The views from these peaks are not to be missed! About 75 minutes north of our house & just over the TN border is one of the prettiest and most charming historical towns in America, Jonesborough TN - Definitely worth a day trip! From our house venture south about 25 minutes and you're in the charming village of Little Switzerland on the Blue Ridge Parkway. From there it's only about 45 minutes on the parkway to Mount Mitchell, the highest peak east of the Mississippi - or hang a left off the parkway and explore the charming town of Black Mountain. For photographers or site-seers, you'll never run out of extraordinary vistas to capture. And for the more adventurous there's hiking, white water rafting, zip lines and ski slopes all with an hour away. At an elevation of 2,950 feet and with immediate access to state maintained roads, our home offers easy access even during times of inclement weather. There's much to see in this area if you want to explore, or you can nap on one of our decks, enjoy the tranquility of an outdoor fire, or simply curl up with a good book and soak in the mountain air. No pressure! We spend as much time as possible in Mitchell County because of it unsurpassed beauty, relaxed pace and a laid-back lifestyle. We hope you'll come see what we mean....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great place to relax and enoy the day
Great place to relax and enoy the day
I had the good fortune to obtain High Tide at Cane Creek for several days during Memorial Day. What I found was exactly what I was looking for- a quiet getaway for me and my family in a beautiful spot in the mountains. The house was well appointed and offered plenty of room for our group. The kitchen was spacious and situated so that we could always involve whoever might be working there preparing meals. We really enjoyed going outside and using the big fire pit in the evenings when it was cool. The views from the decks were just super and a wonderful place to drink coffee and just be. I recommend it highly and believe you will enjoy your time spent there.
- Guest Doyle B.
- Date of stay 05/24/12
- Review Submitted 06/26/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, pet owners, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers, people with disabilities.
Owner response: Very glad you enjoyed your stay!
NOTE: ALL PRICES INCLUDE 10.75% TAX AND $50 CLEANING FEE. NO ADD-ON FEES HERE! $650 per week (7 nights). $150 per night with a 2-night minimum. 50% deposit required with reservation, refundable with notice of cancellation 21 days prior to start of rental period. Deposit is non-refundable with less than 21 day notice of cancellation. $300 CLEANING FEE FOR PET OR NON-SMOKING VIOLATIONS.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway's most secure form of payment.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner/manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: After acquiring this home is December 2011, we have renovated and furnished it with these two objectives: Comfort and convenience - Yours AND Ours!.
Why the Owner Chose Bakersville:
This is not a rental property that we just visit occasionally, as we live in this house 8 - 10 days each month year-round. For this reason it has all the conveniences of our permanent home on the NC coast. Having rented several homes in the Mitchell County area in years past, we understand how important it is to have what you need close at hand - especially when the grocery store is 20 minutes away.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
We think the Cane Creek corner of Mitchell county is one of the most inviting in the area. Coming out from Bakersville you'll love the scenic drive along Cane Creek, passing the Wolf Sanctum and Dellinger's Mill - a water powered grist mill dating back to 1867 that is is still in operation. Stop in and pick up some grits, polenta or fresh ground corn mill, and chat with Jack Dellinger - a true rocket scientist turned mill operator. Another appeal of our location is that we are on a dead-end state road, so traffic is minimal - yet access is easy and safe during all types of weather. We don't have the best mountain-top views in the area (although the views of Big Bald and Spear Top from our back deck aren't bad!)... But we don't charge the mountain-top rental fees either. We love it because it puts us where we want to be, in a way we can afford. We hope you'll come and enjoy our home, and see why this part of the world is such a special place.
- Primary: 910-448-0312
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living room features 42' flat screen with surround sound system.
Guest bedroom with queen-size rice bed.
Back yard, with creek to left, picnic table and fire pit.
Mountain breakfast at Cane Creek.
Kitchen / Dining
Master bedroom with king-size memory foam mattress, vanity area, walk-in closet
Bedroom 3 with twin bed (6' longer than std.) and pull-out twin trundle bed.
Rear ramp, deck and back yard.
Friends gathered around fire pit.Kick back & RELAX!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, June 03, 2013