Rustic Vacation Getaway
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Shell Lake cabin description
Located on a small lake surrounded by wooded habitat for wildlife, you can almost feel the history of this beautiful house that was built 100 years ago. This is the place to come to get away from technology. Located on 55 acres with 8 being open field, this is a perfect location for bow hunting or just nature walking. Only 10 minutes from town and the local beach, you still feel like you have stepped into the pages of an updated history book. It has an open porch on two sides of the house to watch the deer come out to feed in the field or to overlook the lake and watch the birds. On a third side there is a three season porch that is perfect for those nights that you do not want to deal with the bugs. Accommodating up to 5 people, there is a spiral staircase leading to a loft with 3 beds, another bedroom on the main floor with 2 beds, a pull-out sleeper couch in a spacious living room. It has an open floor plan that adjoins a quaint kitchen and dining room with a hand-made table big enough to sit up to 10 people. The kitchen has pots & pans, dishes and a microwave. The bathroom is on the main floor also and has a newly finished shower. Down the hall past the bedroom there is a game room for your entertainment. This room supplies fun for all personalities -- from poker and card games, dice games, board games and even an electronic game. There is also a radio just for dancing around. There is a door off this room that leads outside to the three season porch.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Game room, Shower.
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Basketball Court
- Fitness Center
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Shell Lake is about 10 minutes or 6 miles away from this property. Shell Lake is a small quiet town famous for its lake and public beach. Our main street offers a variety of business: a grocery store, library (with free wi-fi), restaurants, bars, antiques & many others. On the north end of town Shell Lake Marine is located for your convenience. Just south of town on the opposite side of the highway from the High School is our Industrial & Business Park where you will find our famous Becky's Bar & Grill that has karaoke on the weekends and The Potter's Shed where you can create your own piece of pottery or just have a cup of coffee in their cafe. They also have live music on Fridays through out the summer months. Next door to them is The Vitality Village where you can work out on fitness equipment, make an appointment with one of the many practitioners (Reiki, aromatherapy, acupuncture & massage) that work there or join one of the fitness classes that are offered (yoga, weights, Tai-chi or Zumba). There is another fitness center across from the local beach that also has boxing classes and weight machines. There are tennis courts also located by our baseball fields just across from The Thru the Woods Cafe. Other enjoyable attractions are the Shell Lake Arts Center and their live performance, the Washburn Historical Society museum of local history and the Erica Quam Theater....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
didnt stay the entire time
didnt stay the entire time
place was not clean.. and there were mice everywhere. They would keep you up at night. coffee maker unusable, water was brown and had bad smell to it " perhaps thats how there well water is " so the term RUSTIC was an understatement .. how ever if they were to stick a few dollars in the place it would be very nice.. some advice for the owners.. get a front door that locks and get rid of the mice.. and be sure to have a car that can drive down the wooded driveway... did see lots of wildlife that was the highlight of the whole trip
- Guest glenn (menifee ca)
- Date of stay 08/30/12
- Review Submitted 09/15/12
Owner response: The cabin is cleaned before each guest arrives for their stay. We have replaced the broom we were using because it was leaving strands on the floor after we swept. The owner visits the cabin the day after our guest leave to remove the garbage. There has been no sign of mice, but we have caught a mouse. The water has been checked in the kitchen and the shower. The shower head had a small amount of rust but the water was clear in both locations. The coffee maker does work; it has been used by the owner. All of the doors have locks that work. And the driveway is gravel, but has no ruts or holes. There is a contact number available at the cabin for questions that my arise during your stay.
Would go back, but could use some improvements
Would go back, but could use some improvements
My friend and I did have a good weekend. We thought it was priced great for how big the cabin is, it's a lot bigger then it looks in pictures, it's relaxing. It was so awesome that they had fire wood provided and the place was fairly clean and did have everything we needed to enjoy ourselves. The only draw back is I believe it says it's lakefront when it is not. It is Bay front, but it is fairly far away from the cabin. We just were expecting to be closer to the water and didn't expect a Bay. Also the owner or someone showed up at the cabin, we had no idea they were coming or who they were at first and we were unprepared, they tended to linger which made us feel a little uncomfortable and then cracked open a beer and left. We felt a little uncomfortable with that happening. Overall we did love the cabin and it was relaxing. We would go back if our privacy was respected a little bit more. Thank you though we did have a great time, we loved the lodge!
- Guest Two Ladies Weekend (Wisconsin)
- Date of stay 07/27/12
- Review Submitted 08/01/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children.
Owner response: Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased that you did enjoy your stay. Being a new rental, the visit from the owner was only to inquire if there was anything that you may have needed. We have now remedied any future visits with the addition of an Information Binder with contact information listed. Thank you.
Rented weekly @ $600-2500/week for 7 days. $100/night for 2 people. $200/night for 3-4 people. $300/night for 5-6 people Children under 3 years of age stay for free. Days are negotiable, with time for cleaning required between guests. Renters Insurance of $49.00 & Cleaning Fee of $50.00 required with payment.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 63 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Shell Lake Memorial Park & Beach at 6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Becky's Bar & Grill at 5 Miles
- Primary: +1 715-497-3657 Please leave a detail message if no answer.
- Secondary: +1 715-296-5552 Please leave a detail message if no answer.
- Tertiary: +1 715-296-0676 Please leave a detail message if no answer.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from the lake side
East side of house with lake beyond, main entrance to living room
Living Room view to the lake
Spiral staircase with kitchen sink in background
A closer view of the kitchen & spiral staircase
The view from the loft
The dining area
Dining area with handmade table
A nice view of the bathroom
Three season porch facing North
As you approach the house lighted by a nice light. East side porch
Living room has sleeper couch, coffee table & chair.
The spiral staircase to the loft.
View from the couch in the living room. The kitchen & loft above.
2 of the beds located in the loft. Linens are provided.
Looking from the loft to the living room below
Dining area, Door to left is the bathroom. Bedroom is next then game room.
The shower in the bathroom
The bedroom on the main floor. Linens provided. A closet & dresser other side
East side looking South to the lake
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, July 18, 2013