Idyllic Getaway in a Tropical Garden
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cocles house description
La Casita is the original house on the 2,550 sq. m (2/3 acre) property, acquired on a whim in 1998 by present owner Annabella Proudlock. She was charmed by the setting, and is still enchanted by its beauty and atmosphere.
Life at La Casita is centred on the large 5m x 7m (16' x 23') veranda, with hammocks, sofa, dining table for eight, a day bed, and a soaring thatched cathedral ceiling. The downstairs bedroom has a queen-size bed, while the upstairs includes king and single beds and a half bathroom. Both have writing desks, fans and mosquito nets, not that bugs are a major problem.
There is a fully equipped kitchen and a mosaic bathroom is housed in a separate building under a covered walkway, in the Talamanca tradition. Every corner of La Casita contains treasures such as wooden parrots, naive art and fanciful but practical lampshades.
Perfect for writers, painters, families, or a romantic getaway, La Casita is an idyllic spot to appreciate nature, enjoy the surroundings, and relax.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Smoking Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Queen size Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Catering Available
- Linens Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Water View
- Whitewater Rafting
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Fitness Center
- Rock Climbing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Cocles is the undiscovered gem of Talamanca, 5 km (3 miles) south of the relaxed bustle of Puerto Viejo de Limon. The 2,550 sq.m.(2/3 acre) property includes three delightful wooden houses. Our multi-lingual agents take great care of the place, with its many fruit trees for eating or juicing (cocktails anyone?), and flowering shrubs which include fragrant ylang-ylang trees and exotic daturas. A small river forms one of the boundaries, in which otters have been seen cavorting. Parrots and numerous other birds are regular visitors, with toucans making cameo appearances. Squirrels love the carambola trees, monkeys and sloths have also been seen in the garden. The morning fly-past of beautiful blue morpho butterflies is a regular treat. The most beautiful, almost deserted white sand beach is about 250 yards away. Local attractions include swimming (be very careful when it is rough), surfing further up the beach, snorkelling, SCUBA diving, or lazing in the river or lagoon. Also available nearby are treks through the national parks and rain forests, canopy tours, kayaking, dolphin watching, horse riding, botanical gardens, an Indian reservation, a sloth sanctuary and an iguana farm. Relaxing is effortless, when you are within easy reach of several spas, massage and yoga classes. Development in the area is low-key, and cosmopolitan North American, South American, Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch, English, Swiss and many other nationalities have roots in and around Cocles. An excellent grocery store is about 300 yards away, and there are several restaurants within easy walking distance. Joanna's is a great spot for fresh local food. Pecora Nera is a world-class Italian restaurant, a short walk past the simpler Gato Nero. Internet cafe's are available at a reasonable cost. The active nightlife of Puerto Viejo (especially at weekends) is a bike or short taxi ride away. Year round temperatures are around 20 -30C (70-85F), cooler at night with a breeze from the river. The lush environment owes its beauty to rainfall, but there are usually sunny periods ranging from a few hours to a few weeks. The setting is magical. For the energetic, there is so much to do. For the rest of us, there is always the hammock....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
ten great days at LaCasita
ten great days at LaCasita
My wife and I were fortunate enough to spend ten wonderful days at LaCasita. We were happily surprised in many ways. Firstly the drive down was great on good roads with no problems. We found our destination and were surprised on how lovely the grounds were and how airy and nice the house was. It is a short walk to a lovely endless beach, with virtually no one on it. Less than a block away is a lovely deli and wine shop which is neat clean and wonderfully stocked. The restaurants in the area are close, cheap and with wonderful food, that coming from my wife who is a gourmet cook. The outdoor shower, which is typical of the area has beautiful artistic tiles and the cooking facilities were fine. You are close to Panama and the sloth sanctuary and some of the most beautiful scenery you can imagine. For those who surf there are some outrageous waves. Everything was clean and well kept up. Consider yourselves lucky if you get to go.
- Guest Rick (Minnesota)
- Date of stay 11/10/11
- Review Submitted 09/10/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+.
Night $75 Week $450 Month $750 If more than 3 months the rate is $600 + utilities. Higher prices for Christmas and Easter Week.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Primary: +506 83392396
- Secondary: +506 88392644 Monica (Property Manager)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, September 26, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.