Chestnut Hill Estate Located in Philadelphia, 30 Mins Center City
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Philadelphia estate description
Built by George Howe, 1914-1916 come be our guest at High Hollow! This property is a destination itself for architecture enthusiasts but offers a great location for enjoying the shopping, antiquing, and dining in both Chestnut Hill and Center City Philadelphia. High Hollow is a 13,000sf estate once occupied by Sam and Goldie Paley during the time CBS Broadcasting was establised by their son William S Paley. Your stay here will include use of the main house w 6 bedrooms, the pool in season, 5 acres with a nature path, access to Fairmount Park for hiking, fishing, mountain climbing etc.
- 10000 sq. ft.
- 5 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Wood Fireplace
- Iron & Board
- Parking Off Street
- Air Conditioning
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Massage Therapist
- Cross Country Skiing
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Roller Blading
- Rock Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Equestrian Events
- Scenic Drives
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Outlet Shopping
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Wildlife Viewing
- Hello and Welcome to Chestnut Hill-a perfect location for your next trip to Philadelphia. The house is located in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia which is just at the end of Kelly and Lincoln Drives, Fairmount Park roadways that leads to the Philadelphia Museum of Art and Center City beyond. The rental is for use of the main house with 5 bedrooms, living room, 3 bathrooms, and kitchen, a 10,000sf historic and quite significant gated estate home. Built in 1916 by noted Architect George Howe. Rental of the house is intended for use by registered guests on business, vacation, relocation, etc, use only. Please review rates before inquiring. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great place for family gathering!
Great place for family gathering!
My family held my mother's memorial here. 16 of us stayed the weekend and local family gathered with us as they could. The staff were very helpful! It was a wonderful place for meeting and I highly recommend High Hollows!
- Guest Mom2eight (Morgan Hill, CA)
- Date of stay 03/22/13
- Review Submitted 04/08/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, pet owners, adventure seekers.
We had a wonderful time at High Hollow. It is a beautiful space with immaculate bedrooms, amazing artwork, a fully stoked kitchen, and all other amenities that we needed. There was wonderful communal space throughout the house were great for our group, and we really felt at home. Chris, the grounds keeper was extremely friendly and helpful, catering to our every need. Our only complaints were that it was too cold for us in the house (given we were visiting in the middle of January) and the ratio of bathrooms to bedrooms were challenging (though I do believe they are renovating additional bathrooms). All in all High Hollow is a beautiful home that has historical charm, a homey comfort, and a lovely array of its individual quirks.
- Guest Danna (San Francisco)
- Date of stay 01/16/13
- Review Submitted 02/19/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway, romantic getaway.
Girls' Trip to Philly
Girls' Trip to Philly
Six retired teachers on our 5th annual Field Trip Without Kids couldn't have asked for a more welcoming experience. Our hostess was so generous and eager to make our stay comfortable. It was as close to staying in a museum as we'll probably ever come. We enjoyed a tour of the buildings and grounds and took advantage of our hosts knowledge of the area to see things like the Morris Arboretum that we might not have experienced otherwise. Easy trip to center city Philly and Longwood Gardens.
- Guest VRBO Fans (Central New York)
- Date of stay 09/10/12
- Review Submitted 09/17/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, sightseeing, romantic getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
1 night min stay
Rates are based on 5 guests; add $100 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Bookings are fully refundable 45 days in advance. After 45 days the booking will be refunded as the property re books.
Rates subject to change during holidays
Rates listed assume a 3 night stay, one or two nights stays are offered at the weekend rate.
- Pet Fee: $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Tax Rate 8%
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: PHL at 20 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Camden NJ at 15 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: PA Turnpike at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Atlantic City at 60 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: McNally's Tavern at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Spring Mountain - 45 mins at 45 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Several at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Iron Hill Brewery at 1 Miles
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 19, 2013
5 Bedroom / 3.5+ Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.