Cloud Nine: Spectacular Views, Excellent Privacy, Pool and Spa
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Gift Hill villa description
Cloud Nine is located on a hilltop 640 feet above the Caribbean Sea where you can see mountain peaks 80 miles away. With spectacular views, gentle trade winds, and the twinkling lights of distant islands Cloud Nine combines the comforts of traditional Caribbean architecture with casual elegance and creates a private, romantic and restful environment. There are beds for up to nine people at this vacation villa. At night after a beautiful sunset, the soft lighting, gentle trade winds and twinkling lights of distant islands create a seductive and tranquil ambiance. A covered walkway connects the living room/kitchen with the bedroom wing.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- King size beds (2) 2 king bedrooms, each by the private pool., Queen size Beds (1) 1 queen and in full standup loft with 3 windows., Twin or Single Beds (3) 2 twins in full standup loft with 3 windows.
3rd twin daybed in alcove of the great room., Child Beds (1) Playpen available on request...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Surf Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Wildlife Viewing
- Duty Free Shops
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Fitness Center
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Gambling Casinos
- St John is 2/3 Virgin Islands National Park. There are many excellent hiking trails, including the famous Reef Bay Trail with the petroglyphs inscribed on rocks by the pond and waterfall. Take the tour with a park guide and return to town by boat or hike the 2.5 mile trail on your own. Enjoy cultural events and archeological sites, including artifacts found in recent digs displayed at the waterfront museum at Cinnamon Bay. During high season there is the National Park Seminar Series with guided hikes, kayak or architectural tours with local experts. Annual events to challenge your fitness include: September - The Love City Triathlon, February - 8 Tuff Miles, May - Beach to Beach Power Swim St. John School of the Arts offers a concert series. Enjoy a variety of musical venues at local bars and restaurants, including Wednesday night open mic at Sun Dog Café in Mongoose Junction. Explore an excellent variety of shopping, including art galleries, open art studios, fine jewelry, island, sport clothes, surfing and island fancy....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
True Jewel on St. JohnGuest comment entered by owner
True Jewel on St. John
Cloud 9 was more and everything we expected and was a true jewel in STJ! We loved the view and it has to be one of the best on the island-we spent our evenings watching the sunset, the lights off STT twinkle while in the pool. I can't say enough about Allen and Linda ( owners ) as they were so gracious to let us stay one extra night in the villa due to the port being closed courtesy of Issac. Thank you for the best vacation and for the memories
- Guest Stan and Tracy
- Date of stay 08/17/12
- Review Submitted 03/04/13
Cloud Nine is heaven on earth!Guest comment entered by owner
Cloud Nine is heaven on earth!
We have been coming to St. John for many years and have stayed in many villas. Now, for the last 5 years Cloud Nine Villa is our favorite place to stay. We have given up trying any others as we are so comfortable here. We love the view; it takes our breath away every time we return "home", walk in the courtyard door and look out over the islands and water. We love the privacy, especially the way the house is designed around a courtyard with a pool in the center. We indulge in taking a nude dip anytime we want, then lie in the sun on the lounge chairs until we are ready to dip again. We love the hot tub, a wonderful place to enjoy a tall one while we observe the sunset or the stars. The master bedroom is great; we can open the doors to the outdoors and truly feel we are in the islands. The gazebo is great for reading or dining, a welcome shady retreat when we've had enough sun. We feel like we are home at Cloud Nine. Thank you Allen and Linda for sharing your special place! We will be back next year!
- Guest Renee and Joe
- Date of stay 03/24/12
- Review Submitted 08/21/12
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
4 night min stay
Dec 21 - Apr 12
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Winter and summer rates are for 2 people. Add $25 per person per night for additional guests.
Holiday rate of $4900 is for 2-6 guests. Add $25 pp/night for more.
Less than 7 night reservations are possible when only 6 or fewer nights are open between other bookings. Please call or write for specific dates and a rate quote and any special discounts.
50% deposit to hold reservation, 50% balance due 60 days in advance
We accept checks, credit cards and PayPal.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Add 10% Virgin Island Hotel tax.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: St. Thomas at 16 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Cruz Bay Ferry Dock and St. Thomas car barge at 2.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Chocolate Hole, Hart Bay or Monte Bay at Rendevous at 0.75 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Tony's Kitchen at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Tony's Kitchen, many in Cruz Bay at 0.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 1996
About the owner: We are Allen and Linda. We and our two teen daughters are residents of St. John and have lived on St. John since 1990. We chose St. John as our ideal home after exploring the Caribbean and Bahamas by sailboat. We manage Cloud Nine and Pebble Cove on East End ourselves and it is very important to us that our guests are pleased with the property. We find the views from this lovely home to defy description and every time we walk in the front door we are still charmed by the view.
Why the Owner Chose Gift Hill:
We wanted to offer this pleasure to our guests as well. We also love the relative coolness of this particular Gifft Hill location. The sun keeps the pool warm, but gentle breezes keep the house very comfortable year round. The courtyard opens to the view and offers plenty of privacy, a feature most guests highly value. Yes, you can swim, sunbathe or soak in the spa with no bathing suit.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
A short drive to the beaches, close to town yet uniquely private. This is the perfect location from which to explore St. John. We love sitting on the deck under the stars or under the shade of the gazebo and watching the play of light and wind on the waters below. The sunsets and lights of St. Thomas are magical!
- Primary: + 503-819-5640
- Secondary: +1 503-819-5385
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, September 04, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.