Save 15% on Weekend of 10/31, 11/24, 11/28. 2014. Open Apts: Family:2 to 6 Guest
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Charleston house description
3 Dwellings Available for Large Group 10-15 Guests. Book now for New Years, Christmas, etc. Weather is wonderful in SC..
A. House Description
Visitors come to Charleston, SC because it’s older. We are 50 years young. Upgrades done, decks added, evolving , keeping older maintained.
NOTE: This is a non smoking facility EXCEPT in outside smokers circle. NOTE: Call for true rate with your Budgeted amount provided. DO not rely on rates shown here. CALL.
*** Stated by Guest: 'Every time I look around, I find something different, an angel, and a book of interest.'
B. Stay where locals live.
If you want to pay $200 a night for 5, with just a room and small refrigerator, go to a motel about a mile away. You can have lots of cars in the parking lot, and very public lobby. And, with so many people in and out, security may be an issue, Our house is different. And slightly higher than that, but for so much more. Tell us your budget amount (before 12.5% tax, processing fees, cleaning fees) and we will quote. We try to get as close to your budget as our budget allows.
If you want quiet, peaceful, time to listen to the birds on the roof deck. Time to share and make new memories with relatives, friends, etc. not seen for a while, this is the place. You can all congregate in the largest deck overlooking the TIKI kitchen. Make breakfast for the gang and eat outside. But still have the privacy of your own inside kitchen, living room, and places to get away from each other if necessary.
It’s your home when here, we work at being 'invisible'. our bachelor parties have NEVER required call my Police brother in law. We have never had a complaint from neighbors because we attract professional, mature, family and friends. Some younger folks on a bachelor party have turned out to be 'best' guests and older mature people at times, 'problematic.' Go figure. 98% have been respectful.
Thank you, former guests and repeat “great” guests. .We strive for clean, tasteful decorations, color-coordination, well-maintained although “older” and letting our guests enjoy themselves. If you like eclectic, older but good quality. If you like a peaceful, safe, neighborhood environment, this is it. The Decks House. With great location: Just 6 miles to Folly Beach and 4 miles to historic Charleston market place.
***Stated by Guests: 'I feel my children are safe here with the fenced areas, and our own private deck.'
C. Special Features at our modest home:
1. Open shared Roof Deck 25 x 25 feet,
2. 16 Ft Round shared Covered outside kitchen, w double sink, we provide charcoal, propane, start-ups, and paper products for this area.
3. Two private decks, and one largest shared covered deck overlooking outside kitchen.
4. Plus smokers circle in covered 16 foot Round Gazebo at end of driveway.
5. Parking your car in the driveway,
6. Ability to grilling in the back yard,
7. Lounge or sleep in a hammock.
8. Great location, walk to ethnic and home cooked sit-down restaurants, or Bo Jangle, Dunkin Donuts, and walk to Dock Park tidal creek, with swings, & labeled Bird Retreat.
D. This is a Duplex with Studio over garage. To accommodate 10-15 persons. See A, B, and C’s Description. Others require week stay we allow minimum of 2 nights. Prefer 3 nights. Business retreats, etc., come during work days. or for the weekend.
E. Preference to large Weekend groups, accept 2, 4, 6 weekend when available. If we do not have a large group 2 Weeks before date of visit, THEN we will open up individual dwellings A, B, or C by themselves.
F. The A, B, C’s Description
Dwelling A Apt : kitchen, living room, 1.5 bath, washer/dryer, one bedroom with Queen (for 2) and bedroom with two twin beds, plus a pull out sofa, and a double futon in living room Maximum with shared beds: 7 guests if sharing Kings; otherwise 5 guests, non sharing
Dwelling B. Has own inside kitchen, 1.5 bathroom, washer/dryer, pull out twin in living room, plus two sleep-on loungers in living room and two bedrooms each with a king. Private 15 x 20 outside deck. Maximum with shared kings: 7 guests or NO sharing: 5 guests
Dwelling C. Upstairs Studio has washer/dryer, 12 x 12 private covered decks, a Queen for two, and a single futon for one, a nook kitchen, and bathroom, maximum shared sleeps: 3 guests.; don't share room for 2 guests.
***Stated by Guests: “'I feel like I'm at home, with my car parked in a driveway.'”
A, B, C’s House Description -How many can it Hold?
Max/shared min/not shared
Dwelling A:. 7 shared - 4 unshared a queen, one twin, one pull out sofa, futon in livingroom.
B. 7 shared,- 5 unshared 2 king, pull out twin, two can sleep on loungers
C. 3 shared -2 unshared queen, futon
Total: 16 shared beds 11 no shared beds
And, Possibly Five (5) More Outside Sleeping Areas
(Owner permitting: Quiet outside after 11:00 p.m.)
1. Round bed on roof deck
2. Hammock on Big Shared Deck
3. Sofa Seats on Big Shared Deck
4. Sofa on semi-covered Deck
5. Sofa on 12 x 12 covered Deck
*** Stated by Guest: “‘this outside kitchen is better than my inside kitchen at home... look at the granite top”
G. When Submitting an Inquiry for a Quote.
Please Let us know:
1. Exact days of your planned visit.
Example: August 1-3, 2014. So this group is staying night of Aug 1, 2, and leaving on the third at 11 a.m. This is a two night stay.
2. Exact number of persons coming and beds required.
a. 10 Adult Males going golfing. Each needs a separate bed
b. 15 women, can share King and Queen Beds.
c. Parents and three teenagers: girl 16 own bed, twin boys age 10 can sleep on floor in sleeping bags if necessary or share a bed.
d. We determine areas to be opened for your use based on number of beds required. The more opened the higher the cost. We quote at lowest openings. Let us know your budget, we will accommodate according to our budget.
3. Give gender of guests.
A. example: 2 boys 3 women, 1 girl, 4 guys
4. Children Age and Gender
a. girl age 10, twin males age 12 can share or be in sleeping bags.
5. Pets. (We allow pet in one area) Ask.
a. state Size, age, breeds, outside porch, inside pet, in crate, etc. (Yes, there is a pet fee per night and cleaning fee too) We provide pet sheets. You lose your security deposit if you sneak one in. We know all the pets in the neighborhood.
6. Do you want an invoice for entire group with one person paying? We provide two invoices, read below
7. State purpose of your trip Reunion, bachelor, golfing, wedding, girls night out, vacation, business meeting, contractors in area for few days (with repeat days during season). Etc.
8. Telephone number (in event we must call you first. No phone number, we may just delete you!) We prefer YOU Call when you submit your Inquiry. Please, tell us dates, number of persons, and phone number if you do not get us. Always leave a message, we will call back
9. Fill out inquiry form, and include all information above in you comments section. If a space is not available.
10. Be the person who has the authority to make a decision. We function on a First Pay, First Stay Policy.
11. Sorry, we do not post our physical address, for security reasons. Please do not ask. You will be given the vicinity only to map quest.
12. Gender of guests
***Overheard: 'Super cool bro, you outdid yourself this time!'
H. What we do with your inquiry & Things You should know
1. If you do not have a phone number - it may be deleted.
2. We prefer 10-15 persons for Weekends. (2-3 nights okay)
3. We have 3 renting areas in one Building: and we open up according to size of group. See A, B, C’s of dwelling description. Specify which you think will suit you based on shared beds. Refer to schedule.
4. Smaller groups of 2, 4, and 6 will be considered for weekends not occupied by larger group. Our calendar is not marked when we are partially filled. Watch for particular weekend specials advertised. On this site.
5. If you, after receiving your quote, shorten the days, or have less people, then we must re-adjust up or down depending on lost rental possibilities. We sell “time and space” an intangible, non-replaceable commodity.
6 .Registration forms required upon arrival. We also “spot check” as only registered guests and vehicles are allowed on premise. Our goal is to be invisible during your stay, but visible as required.
I. Miscellaneous Thoughts:
1. This home is close to everything... cinema movies at a low price, ice cream, sit-down restaurants or fast food, fresh fish store, French bakery, grocery stores, sports bars, salons, bike rental, beauty shop, post office, dollar store, Wal Mart, massages, surf shops, etc. And did we mention 6 miles to the beach (best time to go is before 8 a.m.) and 4 miles to downtown historic market.
2. We recommend a car. Guests call 'Manny' taxi cab for seating for 6-7 for a $15 rate. Mention the Decks house. Not allowed to list phone number here. Tip: Call taxi from immediate area for better rate. Or, there is a Bus stop 2 blocks down.
***Stated by Guests: , thank you for sharing the book on Paris. I’m glad to be able to show you the area in which I live.”
J. In Conclusion:
We hope you will be our guests. Come, make some great memories.
Send an email and if time is short, Call.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15, Beds for 12-15
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- Rates based on time, space and number of persons. Call for a quote.
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hunting Small Game
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 15 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Ski & Snowboard
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Hot Tub
- Housekeeper Optional
GAP Reduced Rate available 10 days prior to stay When we have a Vacancy/GAP You get MORE than you Expect, ask why we say this. YOU must call First to check Rates, Availability Reduced Specials on Tues, Weds, Thurs (PLAN your stay) No interest Payment Plan Available ASK We quote with preview invoice from pay pal only. You must call First, we do minimal emailing
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Where are we at Physically?
Because of security reasons we do not give out our address. We have ample pictures on line for you to see our place. When you submit your inquiry send additional info, but only when you pay will you know the address on your registration form. For now:. Map Quest W-130 and Folly Rd. The zip code is 29412,, Charleston, SC m
We have a great location, close to everything, easy access. to each and downtown historic.
About the owner: My philosophy: 'Life is short, and you won't know when it ends. This is your last 24 hours, what do you want to do with it? Who would you like to talk to for one last time. what did you plan to do? This is your last day, how can you make it count and impact someone else so that you can live forever in their memory? PLEASE CAll Now & then send email too. We must get a Call First.
Why the Owner Chose Charleston:
Great location to access other areas. YES 4 miles to historic Market, Six miles to Folly Beach. Only private place with a 26 ft by 25 ft Open Air Roof Deck. Only place with outside 16 FT round covered Kitchen with hot/cold water, charcoal and gas grills, refrigerator we provide paper products and gas/charcoal Only place with covered decks for each separate area. We bill via pay pal. We take the work out of collecting from friends and relatives and hoping they pay you back. We bill others for you and keep you on track, without all the work. And, much more... Read on... **. Map Quest by area only: Folly Rd and I-30 connector is Area. Physical address given ONLY when you book, otherwise do not ask. We have a great location.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
A simple, but 'eclectic' house, always evolving, shady trees, peaceful neighborhood, hammock deck, quie escape areas, vintage ceramic tiled counters, etc. Not high end resort style pricing, nor 'cheap, motel 6 pricing.' A home-type environment with outside grilling in a peaceful neighborhood. Walk down to Dock Park and fish or crab, let kids ride swings. Walk to restaurants and grocerery store, cinimas, etc. Stay where the locals live.' Great location and unique features. Quiet after 11 p.m. 'noise ordinances' apply, Respect our neighborhood. PLEASE CAll Now & then send email too. We must get a Call First. Calendar: CALL or email for our Calander, as we keep it at another location. 16 x 16 round tiki kitchen with two grills: charcoal and gas, seating areas, etc. Rain or shine covered decks. Great Location
- Primary: 8438197078 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Large back socializing, relaxing area with outside kitchen, besides ones inside
Back Yard Tiki Kitchen, plus own kitchen inside.
25 x 40 shared Deck with hammock & TV
Outside Kitchen, rain or shine Double sink, refrigerator, eating areas
A; futon sofa, 1.5 ba, kitchen fully equipped; plus outside kitchen. 2 bedrooms
Livingroom w/double futon, open area to kitchen. Side A
king bed in dwelling B
Full Kitchen leads to large back porchj
B: kitchen, w/d, dishwasher, oven, double sink, micro, refrig, back deck
Bath #3 Studio UP Shower w/ other Shower outside
4 miles to Historic; 6 miles to beach: Go early
Guests love sleeping outside; outside sofas also.
Private sun-bathing Roof Deck
Two blocks down, Park overlooking tidel Creek. Swings, seating.
Bachelor Party at the Decks
Studio up with nook kitchen, Queen & single futon, (3) Bath,. w/d private deck
Queen Bedroom in dwelling A
B: pull out twin middle. Two goose down in place sleepers.1.5 Bath Sleeps 7
Bath #2 Shower/Tub, side A
half-bath, Side A
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 23, 2014
5 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
- Calendar last updated 10/23/2014
8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.