Your Haven in the Hamptons
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7-31 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Southampton cottage description
Swimming, beach fun, and the finest sunsets are a 5 minute stroll away at Penonic bay down the private path. This charming cottage is six hundred sq/ft with two bedrooms, living room, kitchen and bathroom with shower. The house sleeps four comfortably. The 2012 renovation includes many improvements; new walls, insulation, lighting and electrical, a state of the art climate control system cools, heats, and purifies the air for comfortable living year round, a new tank-less hot water heater so you never run out, an all-new bathroom, hardwood floors, washer and dryer, and many other improvements. There is a huge lawn with plush green grass, beautiful trees and flowers.
Our lovely beach house was built in 1957 by English couple Al and Mary Abbott. Grandmother drove her Oldsmobile Super 88 from the Bronx to the Hamptons in search of cool breezes and refreshing dips in the water. This place was perfect because of its location just a couple hundred yards from Peconic bay. Being situated on the thin strip of land between Peconic and Shinnecock bays, there are nice breezes here. It is also conveniently located between Southampton and Hampton Bays. Escaping the heat of NYC in August did wonders for her health and temperament and allowed the children a wealth of activities in nature. The beach is very private and sparsely populated. Grandma liked to go to the ocean during the week when it was less crowded, and going to the bay on weekends. We have been coming to the house with our family every year for as long as I can remember. Now that we have improved our home with a complete remodel, we are offering it as a vacation rental.
How to get here:
From Manhattan without a car: Take the Hampton Jitney, a luxury motorcoach with service from Manhattan, to the Southampton stop where you can rent a car from Enterprise.
When Driving from Manhattan: Take the Queens Midtown tunnel at 2nd avenue (a one way street going south) and E. 37th street to Interstate 495 East. Go 60 miles then take exit 68 and make a right on S. William Floyd Parkway. Go 3.4 miles and merge onto NY 27 East. Go 21 miles and take exit 66, then make a right onto North Road. The house is about a mile down on the left.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Twin or Single Beds (1) Four twin beds.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Air Conditioning:
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Pier Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Water Tubing
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Deepsea Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- It’s just fifteen minute drive on country roads to ocean beaches in Southampton or Hampton Bays (coopers beach). Only a 15 minute drive to the restaurants and shopping in Southampton. Have a picnic and at Agwam Park, which has art fairs and entertainment throughout the summer as well as nice playground. The Golden Pear at 99 main street is a fabulous gourmet cafe with delicious selections of all kinds. You have a choice of movie theatre in Southampton or Hampton Bays. Toward Hampton bays is Spellman’s marine at the Shinecock Locks, a major marine center where you can rent a slip or a boat. You can moor your boat on Peconic bay so it’s just minutes walk from the house. The bay is great for water skiing. Consider it your own huge swimming pool. The Southampton Peconic Beach and Tennis club (107 North Rd.) is minutes from your path where there are a multitude of recreation and instruction opportunities for all ages. The Southampton Farmers market is Sunday from 9 am until 2 pm. Located right between Hampton Bays and Southhampton on North Road, this is an ideal spot to access much of the best activities available on the east end of long Island. Private Golf clubs Shinnecock Hills, Sebonic, and National golf courses are within three miles. Public courses such as Indian Hills and Long Island National are a half hour drive. Montauk Downs is another public course about 35 miles east. The Stony Brook Southhampton College offers many summer workshops and distinguished science and celebrity lectures. “Fridays at five” lecture series on the lawn at the Bridghampton Library a great opportunity to meet your favorite authors....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Large garden, conveniently located, near nice beach
Large garden, conveniently located, near nice beach
The house is clean and recently renovated. The bedrooms are spacious. The common living area is smaller, but more than made up for by a really large back and front yard as well as covered outside dining area that we used a lot. The front and back yard were immaculately taken care of with nice flowers and trees. Please note, there is no dishwasher or tv connection (they do supply a lot of DVDs and there is WIFI throughout) but that didn't really bother us. AC works well which was important and beach was about a 5-10 min walk away. If you have an infant, bring a travel baby bath tub as there is only a shower there. Please do note that there is some traffic noise from the road, but with the windows closed and AC on at night, you don't really hear it. I would absolutely recommend this rental.
- Guest vanessa (London, UK)
- Date of stay 07/29/13
- Review Submitted 08/08/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers.
Loved the place. It is well kept, immaculately clean and the front- and backyard are well tended to, so it was fun for kids to play at. The house has all amenities, including super-fast WiFi (a must for us, even on vacation). The a/c is very efficient and cools the house in a blink - a saver during several hot days when we had to keep windows closed. The location is great - between the bay and the ocean, creating a pleasant breeze most times of the day. Another perk of the breeze - very few mosquitoes. The backyard has a nice tented seating area - very convenient for lazy dinners and suppers. Very close to the bay beach, with private access - water being much warmer that the ocean and, not less important, very few people know about that spot, so kids (and adults alike) can play and quietly (that part for adults) relax. A short drive to the ocean beach as well, and to shopping. Will come again next time we spend vacation on the Island.
- Guest Julia (NY)
- Date of stay 07/02/13
- Review Submitted 07/22/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Jun 1 - Sep 3
31 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Monthly rates: MD-June-4,000.; July-7,000.; August-LD-8,000.
500 refundable security deposit
Additional Fees and Taxes:
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Private beach access path to Great Peconic Bay.
The pink flowered mamosa tree opens it leaves for the sun then closes at night.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, August 08, 2013