1930s Waterfront Cottage on Tuttles Point
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Guilford cottage description
Remember 'doing the dishes' with family members and friends? Do you love an outdoor shower? Visit this charming 1930's summer cottage with direct water access, large screened porch with wonderful 180 degree views of Long Island Sound. Sleep in the old iron beds with new mattresses and soft cotton sheets. Moor your own boat in the waters off the shore. Easy launching of kayaks and canoes can be done directly from the property and from the beach just down and around the corner. Enjoy picnics on the front lawn, with ample space for children to play. Tuttles Point is a quiet
low-key residential neighborhood in a private association with its own beach, in the historic town of Guilford. Guilford Town Center offers interesting shopping and fine dining. A Pick-Your-Own farm/orchard is an 8 minute drive from the cottage. Collect some berries and bake a pie in the simple but well appointed kitchen! Biking and hiking trails are easily accessible, as well as the local Whitfield House Museum. The Peabody Natural History Museum and the British Art Museum at Yale University are a 1/2 hour drive to be enjoyed along with Frank Pepe's Pizza in New Haven, considered to be the very best!
The cottage comfortably sleeps 6 people, with 2 bedrooms on the first floor with double beds, and 3 bedrooms on the second floor, one with queen bed, the other two with double beds. There is ample parking on the property.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
Location & View
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Charming 1930s summer cottage with direct water access; large screened porch with 180 degree views of Long Island Sound. Remember taking turns 'doing the dishes' with family members and friends? Do you like to take outdoor showers? Here is a cottage with beadboard walls, iron beds, and the softest cotton sheets. Renters can moor their own boat in the waters off the shore, with easy launching of kayaks and canoes directly from the property. Take an early evening kayak paddle to the Little Stone House and have a delicious lobster roll at the picnic tables on the dock there. Enjoy picnics on the front lawn, with ample space for children to play. Tuttles Point is a quiet residential neighborhood in a private association with its own beach in the historic town of Guilford. Guilford Center offers dining and shopping. Pick-your-own farm/orchard is an 8 minute drive from the cottage. Pick berries and bake a pie! Biking and hiking trails are easily accessible in Guilford. The Cottage is unheated, suitable for May 15 thru September 30 only....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
True New England Cottage
True New England Cottage
This is a true New England cottage. We come back every year because we love the house, the view, the porch, the neighborhood, the rocks to swim off of out back, and the beach down down the street, among many other assets. It's perfectly located--just far enough from town to feel isolated, but a quick (5 minute) trip into one of Connecticut's most beautiful greens and vibrant town centers.
- Guest Emily (San Marcos, TX)
- Date of stay 06/16/12
- Review Submitted 07/11/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway.
Rental rate per 2 weeks: $5,000 Rental rate per month: $9,000
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: New Haven Tweed at 15 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: New London at 40 Miles
- Nearest Train: Guilford at 3 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I 95 at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Quattro's, Guilford at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 1930
- Primary: 508-758-4513
- Secondary: 508-284-2292
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of Cottage from Lawn
Water View from Lawn
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 08, 2013
5 Bedroom / 0.5+ Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.