Unique Luxury Apartment Next to the Cathedral in the Heart of Valencia
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Valencia Province apartment description
Situated in the most prestigious cornerstone of Valencia -PLAZA DE LA VIRGEN-, this magnificent grand apartment inhabits a sumptuous classical building surrounded by equally sumptuous period buildings and the CATHEDRAL. Naturally, the facilities are now all up to modern standards - both the building and the apartment were fully restored in 2008 -, but the old-world grace of this magnificent apartment remains. The property offers the city comforts and ease of an apartment, but with 275 m2 it also has the elegance and space of a villa. Four spacious bedrooms and two gorgeous bathrooms comfortably fit into this space, as do a large kitchen, a library with more than 1000 books (in Spanish, English, French and Italian), and the three reception rooms with views to the MIGUELETE. . Without being at all baroque or overly decorated, there are elements of this home that would not be out of place in a classical palace. Such unique features include the hand-laid turn-of-the-century mosaic floor tiles, the tall ceilings finished with masterfully decorative cornices and solid double doors made from noble wood. A home for true connoisseurs of style, grace, elegance and comfort, this apartment is more than just a home; it is a work of art set in a historic district that is the jewel in the crown of Valencia
For a truly unforgettable stay!
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Fireplace
- Nesresso coffee machine
- Satellite / Cable
- Music Library
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- CD Player
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
Location & View
- Monument View
- Fitness Center
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Massage Therapist
- Freshwater Fishing
- Medical Services
- Equestrian Events
- Horseback Riding
- Recreation Center
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Gambling Casinos
- Winery Tours
- Water Parks
- Situated in the very heart of Valencia, next to PLAZA DE LA VIRGEN and the PALAU DE LA GENERALITAT, with stunning direct views of the CATHEDRAL and its famous tower - EL MIGUELETE -from any of the three salons, this grand apartment is surrounded by all the must-see and most outstanding places in Valencia: the MERCADO CENTRAL, the LONJA DE LA SEDA (part of the UNESCO World Heritage), museums such as EL ALMUDIN, EL ALMOINA, EL MUSEO DE LA CUIDAD, EL MUSEO DEL MARQUES DE DOS AGUAS, EL MUSEO SAN PIO V, LOS BAÑOS ARABES (Moorish Bath) - just to name a few - are at such a short distance from the apartment that it will take you about 5 minutes to get to any of these places walking....And the world famous CIUDAD DE LA ARTES Y LA CIENCIAS ,which is definitely the symbol of 21st Century Valencia, is just 20 minutes from the apartment if you choose to go there walking through the great central park that now occupies what was once our river - RIO TURIA. If you prefer cycling, it will take you about 10 minutes to get there. Coming back to the apartment, follow CALLE CABALLEROS, and indulge yourself to a walk through EL BARRIO DEL CARMEN, Valencia's art district with artists from all over the world creating and living there. Yet, you will instantly understand - and feel - why this neighbourhood is the essence of Valencia: festive, joyful, and full of architectural gems as it is! The best restaurants and tapas bars in town are all situated there. Of course, if you don't want to leave Valencia without having a close look at the Mediterranean sea, the sandy beaches of Valencia are just 15 minutes away from the apartment by bus.....And if you won't travel without going shopping, you are also in the one place to be: the most exclusive shopping area of Valencia is just minutes from the apartment on the other side of the delicious PLAZA DE LA REINA. Best of all, upon arrival, the hosts will give you the 'treasure map' of Valencia, as a former guest put it.... A unique property to experience genuine Valencia! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A hidden jewel in a wonderful city
A hidden jewel in a wonderful city
We would thoroughly reccommend this property. We had a fabulous week in Valencia, we really loved the apartment. It was pure luxury, very spacious, elegant, with beautiful personal touches. It has a wonderfully central location. The owners were most hospitable, couldn,t have been more helpful, & their English was excellent.Valencia is a beautiful city with lots to do, & beach is easily accessible.
- Guest Old Mc Donald (Northants UK)
- Date of stay 10/05/12
- Review Submitted 12/04/12
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, sightseeing, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, age 55+.
This flat is amazing. It is unusual to find such elegance in a rental. We love to have space when we travel and the spaciousness of this flat is extraordinary. The furnishings and Art are amazing. Our hosts Fazia and Alejandro were so kind. Their knowledge of the history of Spain is encyclopedic. and they were great at steering us to great restaurants and out of the way places to visit. The flat is situated in a wonderful neighborhood, close to the main plaza of Valencia and steps from lovely restaurants and shops, we were in travel happiness! This flat is something to return to again and again and we will!
- Guest gail l. ( Carmel by the Sea,CA USA)
- Date of stay 07/30/12
- Review Submitted 08/25/12
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, sightseeing, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with young children, girls getaway.
My family and I had an extraordinary vacation in Valencia staying in this incredible apartment. We felt like we were living in a museum with every room containing beautiful furniture, objects and details that were abundant enough that we continued to find new things to admire up to the last day. The location, literally right off of the Plaza Virgen, was perfect and we could walk to everywhere we wanted to go. The place is big enough that it took my kids a couple of days to finally not get lost. To top it off, the owners (Fazia and Alejandro) are wonderful hosts -- knowledgeable, generous and enormously helpful. We felt like we had the treasure map to the city with all of the advice we received on restaurants to frequent, sites to visit and events to see. We will be back!
- Guest Max S. (Washington, D.C.)
- Date of stay 07/01/12
- Review Submitted 07/27/12
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, sightseeing, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
March 1st - October 31st : 135 euros/night (minimum 3 nights) November 1st - December 21st: 120 euros/night (minimum 3 nights) December 22nd - January 8th :135 euros/night (minimum 5 nights) January 9th - February 28th : 120 euros/night (minimum 3 nights) Prices shown are for 2 people.+ €15/person/night (max.7 people).FREE WIFI INTERNET €70 cleaning fee not included.5% to 15% discount for stays of 15 or more nights. Special rates for FALLAS ( March 15th to March 20th). Parking available.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
About the owner: After having spent part of my life traveling, I am still amazed by everything Valencia has to offer both to natives and visitors. This is why I have come back home - quite a long tme ago, I have to confess -, and I have decided to share this passion with my guests from all over the world
Why the Owner Chose Valencia Province:
A very special place for me, as it was passed down through the generations, and when it was my turn to live in it, my husband, my daughter and myself were extremely happy in it - and whoever enters the house can tell. The sound of the bells from the Cathedral and being able to sit on any of the three balconies to admire the many magnificient parades and processions in Valencia all year long are also a unique privilege of staying in this grand apartment.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Anyone who enters this grand apartment for the first time is especially fascinated by the light in it. It is exactly the Mediterranean light the great Valencian painter JOAQUIN SOROLLA captured in his paintings of Valencia....not to mention the stunning views to the MIGUELETE (Cathedral Tower) - symbol of Valencia - from any of the three salons on the apartment. The whole atmosphere will take you back to a VICENTE BLASCO IBAÑEZ novel. Magic, indeed!
- Primary: 34-616-9080-42
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Views of the Cathedral from the dining-room
Green salon, dining-room and red salon
Dining-room seen from the red salon
Green salon and dining-room
Bathroom 2 with shower
Plaza de la Virgen
Bathroom 1 with Jacob Delafon bath tub
Bedrooms 3 and 4
Porte-cochère entrance door to the building
Plaza de la Virgen
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, July 18, 2013