Quaint Lakefront Log Cabin with All the Modern Amenities and a Dock!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lake Nantahala cabin description
In winter of 2011 the cabin received a new facelift upgrading the interior finishes and adding more modern amenities to make your adventure not just comfortable, but luxurious and of course, memorable. The upstairs bathroom is clad in natural slate tile while the warm natural waters of the rain shower stir up the scents of the cedar ceiling.
The bedrooms are generously sized with plentiful storage, rustic furnishings and historical photos which evoke memories of the Nantahala of old. Luxurious duvets will keep you warm on those cold wintry nights while the windows allow you to catch glimpses of the wonderful lake.
Downstairs the cozy atmosphere is reinforced by the roaring open fire and comforting leather seating while the large hickory dining table is great place for the whole family to enjoy a meal while reflecting on the view and the days' activities on the lake.
The well appointed kitchen contains all of the modern amenities hidden within antler handled cabinets and the water supply is second to none. Outside, the front porch is equipped with rocking chairs from which you can lazily watch the water ripples on the lake and even catch glimpses of the majestic bald eagle soaring lazily in the ever-changing skies. Wherever you are in our cabin you simply cannot escape the wonderful panoramic views of Lake Nantahala.
Luxurious Amenties Include:
Large, welcoming entrance hall
Large, slate clad rain shower
Luxury soft towels
Warming towel spa
Washing & Dryer machines
Dual marble vessel sinks
Two Luxurious Bedrooms
Stunning lake views
Comfortable, King/Queen beds with luxurious supersoft Egyptian cotton bed linens & pillows
Large storage closets & rustic furniture
Reflection corner with comfortable chair, table & view
Tailor to your own comfort with openable windows, fans & thermostat controls
Telephone, Television & DVD player
Large billowing leather chairs
Large bay window with panoramic views to lake
Grand open fireplace finished in Nantahala River rock
Unique & historic furnishings
Television, Dish Network, & DVD player with a selection of DVD'sHighSpeed Internet
Under-stair storage with fans & a selection of cabin themed toys & games for our younger guests
Large hickory dining table with room for 8 people
Large bay window with panoramic lake views
Porch & Yard access
Gas oven & stove with large variety of cookware
Large fridge freezer for all your supplies with ice trays
Dual sink with double flitered water & great views
Coffee maker, crockpots, microwave
Cozy soaking tub perfect after a day on the ski slopes
Porch with comfortable wooden rockers & great views
Large decked area with benches great for a social gathering
Charcoal grill for those warm summer cook-outs
Good size grassed area for summer games or a bonfire in the fire ring at 'Sunset Point' looking west across the lake
A short walk away is our fantastic lake dock great for relaxing in the sun, swimming from or docking your boat at the end of a day exploring
Canoes - feel free to explore the lake close up using our 2 large explorer canoes
Other Amenities include:
Twin fold out bed with comfortable bed linens and pillows
Inflatable queen air-mattress with electric pump and all the associated bed linens and pillows.
A selection of firewood and kindling for those cooler days and nights.
The house is equipped with baseboard heating which is thermostatically controlled throughout the house.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- King size beds (1) Large comfortable King bed to the master bedroom with 4 pillows. Not to mention a great selection of rustic furniture and a view that just has to be experienced to be believed!, Queen size Beds (1) The queen bed is a solid wood, hand-made Amish frame with a very comfortable mattress. This bed has 4 pillows. Not to mention a great selection of rustic furniture and a view that just has to be experienced to be believed!, Sleep Sofa or Futons (2) We have provided a folding camp bed in the Queen room closet, or an inflatable matress in the storage closet under the stairs. Extra linens are also provided for these beds....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Full kitchen with double sink, granite countertops, a gas stove / oven, your regular kitchen gadgets such as a can opener, coffee maker and waffle iron! We also have a large supply of dinnerwares, serving plates and wine glasses....moreless
- Cooking Utensils:
Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
We have hauled trailers up the hill to the cabin, however, there is no turning space so it requires that you back down a very steep hill in order to get back out to the road. Alternatively, you could park a boat or trailer down by the dock entrance....moreless
The cabin is fully equipped with bed linens and spares should you need them for the camp bed and/or inflatable bed. We also provide bath towels for your use but ask that you bring your own towels for use on the lake and dock....moreless
- Parking Off Street:
- Wood Fireplace:
- -180 degree lake view -Front porch facing the beautiful lake & mountain scenery -Comes with a canoe to use on the lake during your stay -Clawfoot tub -Firepit- perfect for gathering around roasting marshmallows enjoying the night air -Slate walk-in shower -Complete renovation in late 2011-2012 -Washer & Dryer -Private Dock & Deck on the water -Stone wall enclosed garden -High speed internet -Dish Network...moreless
- Video Library:
- CD Player
Deck / Patio:
The deck has plenty of space to eat outside with a large dining table and benches to seat all the family. There are also two Adirondack reclined chairs from which you can take in the amazing 180 degree view. There is also a grassed area, great for small family games and a firepit to sit back and stay toasty while enjoying the magnificent views....moreless
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Lake View
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Jet Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Recreation Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- e a dock and there is pontoon rental at the marina about a mile away. Firepit at cabin. There is another company that will rent and deliver to the cabin by the day or week jet skis at a rate of about $100 $120 a day. Mountain Watersports 1374 Hwy 76 West Suite A, Hiawassee, Georgia 30546 706-435-0697 email@example.com We have a canoe for use at the dock. Four life jackets are at the cabin. The Bartram trail http://www.nchikes.com/content/north+carolina+bartram+trail/20835 entrance is about a fourth mile and connects to the Appalachian Trail. Whitewater rafting is an easy 20 minute drive to NOC http://www.noc.com/. The famous Tail of the Dragon route entrance is a beautiful drive about 30 miles away in Robbinsville. http://www.noc.com/ . Cherokee Indian Reservation http://www.westernncattractions.com/cherres.htm and the Great Smoky Mountain Railway http://www.gsmr.com/ are also within a short drive. For antiquing go to the towns of Dillsboro, Franklin, Wayneville and Bryson City. Groceries in Andrews is closest. (about 15 miles). In the summer there is a local small grocery and two lake diners....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This cabin is adorable! It is cozy, clean, and the view is priceless! Words cannot even describe the peaceful, breathtaking view! It was the perfect size for our family of four. All roads leading to the cabin are paved and it is just a 5 min drive to the marina. The dock is very nice and just a short walk down the driveway. We loved using the canoes. The owner Christy was extremely helpful and accommodating. She also returned our deposit within days of us leaving the cabin. We hope to return to her cabin next year, and we would absolutely recommend this cabin to anyone.
- Guest Jaime (Florida)
- Date of stay 07/07/12
- Review Submitted 07/24/12
In season May-October $200 - $235 / night $1400 - $1645 / week $5600 - $6500 / month Off season November-April (with the exceptions of holidays) $125-200 / night $875 - $ 1,400 / week $2,500 - $ 3,500 / month
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Situated on the hillside over looking Lake Nantahala with breathtaking views.
The cabin is well furnished with very interesting and unique pieces
Dining Area with views out across the lake
Summertime panorama from the front porch looking towards the lake.
The whole of the downstairs living area has great views out across the lake.
Log fire place in the living room
Well equipped kitchen with rustic cabin furniture
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, August 18, 2013