3 Bedroom Chalet - Mountain Getaway
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Eagle Rock Resort chalet description
Eagle Rock is a beautiful four-season resort that will allow you to relax by getting back to nature. The picturesque woods, an occasional glimpse of deer or wild turkeys, the star filled sky at night and the relaxing breeze off the lake at the beach take you away from your cares. Eagle Rock is close to a number of outdoor activities, casinos, and ski resorts. The resort is located in the Blue Mountains on 5,000 wooded acres near Hazleton, Pennsylvania and is 2 hours from Philadelphia and New York City.
Our 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom chalet is a comfortable, attractive getaway which sleeps 8-10 comfortably. Sitting on the deck or dining in the screened in porch allow you to enjoy the natural setting around you. The living room and the basement both have cable and DVD players and there is an Xbox for gaming or listening to music through the TV.
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Gas Fireplace
- Video Game Console:
- Satellite / Cable
- Ping Pong Table
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Grill
- Whitewater Rafting
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Water Tubing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
- Theme Parks
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Gated resort community 18 and 9 hole golf courses, clubhouse restaurant, 3 pools, lake with beach and picnic areas, play area and kayaks and paddle boats available, tennis, hiking trails, horse back riding, fishing, activity center with video games, Foosball, ping pong and pool tables and basketball court, full service spa, ski area within resort with tubing, skiing and snowboard terrain. Waterparks - Camelback Ski resort, Tannersville PA - Split Rock Resort and Camel beach. Knoebels Amusement Park - One of the older amusement parks in the nation, Knoebels is a treasure with no parking charge and no admission fee. It features a classic carousel where you can really reach out and catch the brass ring, roller coasters, good food, bumper cars, bumper boats, log flume ride, as well as other fun rides. Yuengling Brewery - Take a brewery tour at the Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville if you get a chance. Great gift shop and they even have root beer. Jim Thorpe area - A beautiful town steeped in history has a historic jail (The Old Jail) famous for punishing purported union organizers known as the Molly McGuires. Many shops are closed Monday through Wednesday so it is best visit Thursday through Sunday. Whitewater rafting is available near the town of Jim Thorpe at Whitewater Challengers as well as other companies. Water is highest with spring thaws of snow and when water is released from dam. Pocono mountains and Lake Wallenpaupack are within an hours drive. Skiing in the Pocono mountains at several resorts including Camelback and Big Boulder resorts and motor boat rentals for water skiing are available at Lake Wallenpaupack ( a large man made lake). The home sits in the valley between two lakes and is a short drive to either the beach at the lake or the base of the ski slopes. Spring, summer, and fall resort amenities include an Arnold Palmer-designed golf course, two lakes, swimming pools, equestrian center, hiking, biking trails, spa, fitness center, tennis, volleyball, basketball court, game room & more. The chalet sits within a 5000+ acre year-round resort in the Blue Mountains near Hazleton....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great place to stay
Great place to stay
Great experience ... highly recommend staying
- Guest Nick (new city ny)
- Date of stay 09/06/13
- Review Submitted 09/17/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, people with disabilities, sightseeing, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thanks, Nick. I am glad your friends were able to enjoy the house while competing in one of their favorite pastimes. Hope to see you next year! Rob
Perfect and well stocked
Perfect and well stocked
All the kids and the adults had a great time. From playing board games, to taking wonderful walks along the creek, to just watching scary movies in the basement. We also took advantage of the rec center at eagle rock which was perfect. Great indoor basketball court, fooseball, air hockey,and pool. The home was well stocked with necessities and not to mention clean. Nice big grill too. Every morning we woke up to a view of deer, which was lovely. We would highly recommend staying here, and have intentions to return.
- Guest Cynthia K (New York, NY)
- Date of stay 04/12/13
- Review Submitted 04/14/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, pet owners, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thanks for the great review, Cynthia! We look forward to your sister returning in the future since you loved Eagle Rock so much you decided to become an owner. Rob Bradway
Hi, first I want to say that I don't normally write reviews but had to tell others what a wonderful house this was to stay in. First and foremost, the owners were so nice and just such a pleasure to deal with- and genuinely concerned with us having a nice stay at their house. The house was extremely clean (as a bit of an OCD person myself and having an asthmetic son, this really does say a lot) and just so warm and inviting. The house came with so many amenities as well- board games/video games/ping pong table, which we and our children enjoyed. It's a great house and we'd have no second thoughts in renting this house again. Rob- thank you and your family so much for sharing your house with us! We truly had a wonderful stay and appreciate everything!!!
- Guest ER Property Owner (New York)
- Date of stay 12/30/12
- Review Submitted 01/22/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with young children.
Owner response: We are so happy that you were able to share our special place in the mountains. Thank you for such a nice review. You took good care of the house and we appreciate that and welcome you back next time you want to spend time at Eagle Rock. I still couldn't find your daughter's lost constant companion. I will keep looking. Sincerely, Rob
Very satisfied with our stay. Pictures and description accurate. Very clean and well-maintained. Owner was very helpful and personable. I would recommend this property to families or couples who prefer the space and comfort of a house when vacationing.
- Guest Tonya (Seaford, De)
- Date of stay 12/27/12
- Review Submitted 12/30/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thanks for making it easy to rent to you. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again sometime in the future.
Bernie - Havertown, PA
Bernie - Havertown, PA
We were lucky to enjoy a "last minute" vacation at this property, due to the flexibility of the owner. The house was perfect for a quiet and relaxing time and the amenties, at the Resort, were top notch. The Club House offered quality food and beautiful viewes at reasonable prices and we really enjoyed the many deer that were right outside our door. The house was clean and comfortable, we would definitely recommend this property to our frinds and we intend to return in the near future.
- Guest Bernie (Havertown, PA)
- Date of stay 08/10/12
- Review Submitted 08/18/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thankyou for your great review. We look forward to your return visit and are glad that you had a nice time. Rob Bradway
$600/weekend ($300 per night, 2 night minimum charge) (Fri. afternoon to Sun. noon) / Holiday weekend ($325 per night) Non holiday week rate - $1400 (7 nights; Friday to Friday) Security Deposit and Cleaning Fee Required
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: We are from the King of Prussia area and love the mountains. We enjoy sailing, swimming and fishing at the lake, barbeques at the beach, and seeing star filled skies at night.We ride horses at the Equestrian Center and our son snowboards either here or in the Poconos during the winter.
Why the Owner Chose Eagle Rock Resort:
The chalet sits between the two lakes and is nestled above a creek which offers a soothing background sound. Our house is a getaway from hectic suburban life and within a day we feel relaxed.
The Unique Benefits at this Chalet:
Our chalet is on a quite road and the road runs along the lower lake so an evening walk takes you by the lake. Deer abound as well as wild turkeys.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living room with gas fireplace
View of dining area and kitchen. Two bedrooms and bath room are accessed here.
View of loft containing master bedroom
Back deck with grills
Basement - ping pong table, hi def TV, Blu ray player and cable. Washer/dryer.
Second bedroom with full and twin beds
Queen size sleep sofa off master bedroom in loft
View of the lake from a short walk behind our house
Front of chalet
Dining area, front door, and sliding doors to porch.
Screened in porch
Back of house
Bunk bed room with four beds
Master bedroom. Master bath is to the left of the photograph.
The basement furniture is comfortable.
The Inn at Eagle Rock. Spa is nearby as is golf clubhouse, activity center, pool
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 10, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.