Liberty Street-Sf - Local San Francisco Living at its Best
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Liberty Street-SF is the height of space and relaxation: a top-floor modern flat with panoramic views of San Francisco in a fantastic location overlooking Dolores Park and steps from shopping, restaurants, cafes, MUNI and freeways.
Walking score of 85 and transit score of 93 – a transit rider’s paradise!
Liberty Street-SF has a large open-style living & dining room with great views of San Francisco. Large gourmet kitchen, three spacious comfortable bedrooms, two full bathrooms, and laundry room with full size washer/dryer.
Hardwood floors throughout, dual pane windows, Fireplace (pellet stove), wall heaters, keyless entry and garage parking available.
The large open floor plan living room has silk oriental rug, reclining leather couches, 60” flat screen smart TV, and fireplace with pellet stove insert to provide instant warmth and coziness. The living room adjoins a large well-appointed dining room with dramatic views of downtown San Francisco, Bay Bridge and East Bay Hills, with beautiful Dolores Park in the foreground.
Gourmet kitchen features top of the line appliances, fully equipped with everything you need, Viking range, stainless steel appliances & backsplash, extra quiet Bosch dishwasher and plenty of space for your friends to sit and gather around with drinks & conversation while preparing scrumptious meals or fabulous feasts.
Bedroom1 - Master bedroom suite is light filled and spacious with silk oriental rug, memory foam luxury firm Cal-King platform bed, Ipod/MP3 ready clock radio, ceiling-fan, remodeled private bath and large walk-in closet.
Bedroom2 - Garden bedroom is a roomy oasis of peace and relaxation overlooking the backyard deck lush with overgrown Jasmine blossoms. Ipod/MP3 ready clock radio, ceiling-fan, & walk-in closet.
Bedroom3 - View bedroom offers cozy comfort with 32” flat screen TV with cable/DVD, Ipod/MP3 clock radio, ceiling-fan, fire-escape balcony and wonderful views of Dolores Park, San Francisco skyline, and East Bay Hills.
All beds are luxury class and offer an amazingly comfortable night’s sleep.
Other amenities include Playstation 3, AppleTV, cable/satellite, Blue Ray DVD, & Bose’s Wave music system. Access to many free movies via Netflix & AppleTV.
Strong WiFi throughout home for internet use, stream movies & music via Netflixs, AppleTV, etc...
Graco Pack 'N Play Play-yard with Bassinet for your toddler.
Full size Washer / Dryer in unit.
Free unlimited domestic phone calls.
1 Garage Parking Space in building. Street parking is also available.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 2-6
- King size beds (1) Master Bedroom has Cal-King, Queen size Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Safe (hotel style)
- Video Library:
- Music Library:
- Video Game Console:
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Free Long Distance
- Wireless Internet
- Whale Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Basketball Court
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
ReviewsWrite a review
My family really enjoyed our stay at Liberty Street. We were six adults and a toddler. Everything was exactly as described. Communication with Tony was easy. The apartment was actually much larger than I expected from the pictures, which we appreciated since we had a large group and a 1 1/2 year old with lots of energy. We made good use of the kitchen and enjoyed meals at the dining room table with a beautiful view of the city. Tony had a brand new pack n play available and made special arrangements to borrow a high chair. The apartment was very toddler friendly - it is on the third floor but the stairs are outside the apartment, there are plenty of cupboards/closets for making cleaning supplies/etc inaccessible, and there were very few tippy or fragile furnishings/etc. The location was ideal. Muni stop is one block away. You have several choices within walking distance or a couple muni stops for groceries. Dolores Park is one block away with the most amazing playground (we went at least once every day during out stay). We enjoyed meals out at Tartine, Delfina and Zadin, which were all within walking distance. I highly recommend this apartment and we hope to stay here again.
- Guest mom 2.
- Date of stay 05/29/13
- Review Submitted 06/11/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, adventure seekers, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you for this kind review. It's been a pleasure hosting your visit to San Francisco & please do come back anytime. :)
Great location and property
Great location and property
This was a very clean and well appointed rental. The location was perfect,just above Delores Park and on the j line metro. There are excellent restaurants,bakeries,shops and ice cream in the neighborhood and just over the hill in Noi Valley. The city view from the rental is fantastic and you can see the lights of the Bay Bridge. We appreciated the washer and dryer and the large living room. There was plenty of table space and all of the kitchen amenities. We felt that the security was excellent and we loved being able to park Ina garage. We would recommend this property to family and friends. We plan to return next year.
- Guest Thomas A.
- Date of stay 05/03/13
- Review Submitted 05/10/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
We five females who stayed here and loved this place! It's modern, spacious, comfy beds, awesome views of the city, great location, and just down right perfect. We had a bad experience with another apartment through homeaway and a bit iffy renting again, but Tony's place changed my mind. I will definitely rent this one again next time I'm in the city. Thank you!
- Guest ecscota
- Date of stay 04/25/13
- Review Submitted 05/03/13
Owner response: It's been a pleasure hosting your visit & restoring your faith in Vacation Rentals By Owners, lol.. I've been using VRBO for some time now and have visited some places complete opposite of what I would offer. So I completely understand your iffiness. The keyless entry and quick rental process is great for short notices. So please do come back and visit again anytime. :)
We stayed here for 10 weeks while our home in Pacific Heights was being remodeled. I can’t say enough wonderful things about the space itself, as well as the location. The owner clearly has a lot of pride in ownership and has outfitted the place with luxury beds/sheets and chef’s grade kitchen supplies. We had a small issue with one of the appliances and the owner sent someone out the next day to repair. We have 2 young children (ages 2 and 4) and the home was very child friendly. In terms of location, the place is fantastic: one block from Dolores Park (which has the most amazing playground in the city!), a 15 minute walk to the restaurants in Mission Dolores, a 10 minute walk to Noe Valley shops on 24th Street and easy access to the J train/freeways! The only consideration is that the bathrooms could use some updating, however they are perfectly functional. We would definitely recommend this place to any one interested in visiting San Francisco wanting to truly experience the city’s true flavor.
- Guest Carolyn A.
- Date of stay 01/12/13
- Review Submitted 04/06/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
I'll be back!
I'll be back!
We arrived late at night to find the information easily found on the information sheet provided us prior to our visit, opened the garage door on the third try, parked the SUV with ease, and entered our home away from home to find dreamily comfortable beds and adequate bathroom space. We woke up the next morning to find the kitchen larger, more comfortable, and better equipped than expected. A walk to Whole Foods provided sustenance for breakfast before we walked the one block to the J-train which we took to the Embarcadero for a day on the Wharf. Our family uniformly enjoyed our stay at 300 Liberty St.and agreed that we will try to rent this flat on our next visit! Our small recommendations to improve one's stay would be more complete instructions on navigating from TV to video to internet on the flat screen tv for the middle-age group. It would be helpful to label the 2 trashcans as recyclables and trash in preparation for the trash cleanup when one leaves. And lastly, there are ants in the master bath! They were friendly critters, not biting, but getting all over the toiletries!
- Guest Soccer fan
- Date of stay 12/27/12
- Review Submitted 12/27/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, girls getaway, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Owner response: I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Liberty Street-SF. And thank you for leaving the apartment in excellent condition. Housekeeping's job was easy on Xmas eve, lol. Your feedback is also greatly appreciated. I look forward to addressing them. I do avoid leave labels & notes around the home because it takes away from that ‘home-like’ feeling. But the next time you visit, I should have 2 different color trash-cans (blue & white) to help determine the difference for recycling. Sometimes I think SF sits on a big ant hill because when it rains 4 days straight as it did, the ants look for warm dry shelter. Unfortunately it was in the master bathroom. They are harmless and rarely visit but I will investigate this and take action asap. Thanks again..
East Meets West
East Meets West
What a wonderful family vacation. Aside from visiting a fabulous city, Liberty St was a great place to stay. Large, clean spacious rooms, comfortable beds, fully equipped high end kitchen, and great views of the city. Easy to reach any part of the city via the Muni or by car. Highly recommend. Thanks Tony.
- Guest hollandgirl
- Date of stay 11/17/12
- Review Submitted 12/01/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway, adventure seekers, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Owner response: You're welcome :-) It's been a pleasure hosting your San Francisco visit. Feel free to come back anytime...
The apartment was impeccable. The views were stunning. The towels were sumptuous. The only thing that could have made it better is having some staples in the cupboards -- salt, sugar, etc. Thanks Tony for a lovely stay.
- Guest phillybound
- Date of stay 11/14/12
- Review Submitted 11/19/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Liberty Street SF
Liberty Street SF
We had a wonderful stay at your Liberty Street SF flat. The photos in your listing of the views are beautiful and yet are much more impressive when you're there. The amenities; your kitchen, the beds, the electronics, furniture and condition of the flat are all such high quality they enhanced our experience. Your location being so close to Dolores park and the shops and restaurants in the Mission and Noe Valley gave us many convenient options. We look forward to returning and will recommend Liberty Street SF to our friends! Thank you!
- Guest Love2Travel
- Date of stay 11/03/12
- Review Submitted 11/06/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, girls getaway, sightseeing.
I'm traveling this way from now on...No more hotels. The experience was fantastic. The people in our party are not easy to please and they loved the house. Three nights here cost us what one night at a hotel was going to charge for the six of us. Great value but more important great time!
- Guest Ruble
- Date of stay 10/12/12
- Review Submitted 10/14/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Great Vacation Apartment
Great Vacation Apartment
The apartment was perfect for my needs. The party consisted of 6 adults and we had plenty of space. No one was crowded. The apartment is better looking than what the pictures show. The place was clean and the beds are super comfy. Great view of downtown San Fran. Right on the J train line. Not far from Bart. Plenty of restaurants in the neighborhood.
- Guest College Reunion
- Date of stay 10/03/12
- Review Submitted 10/08/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
|July / August
Jul 1 - Aug 31
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
1 week min in July & August
- Housekeeping: $160
- Damage Protection: $40
- Taxes Not included
1. AGREEMENT: Tony Thompson, (Owner) of Liberty Street-SF (property), and Guest agree as follows: Guest is an adult and will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period. Other occupants will be family members, friends, responsible adults or children under direct adult supervision. This home sleeps 6 people including children 3 years and older. NO PARTIES. Use of the premises will be denied to persons not falling within the foregoing categories and as a result they would have to vacate the property without any refund. Any complaints from neighbors regarding excessive noise or other nuisances may be cause for immediate termination of the rental agreement and forfeiture of the Guest’s paid rents. 2. PAYMENT: Payment is preferred via credit card or e-check and is due 14 days prior to your arrival date. PAYMENT SCHEDULE: 1ST-PAYMENT DUE NOW TO CONFIRM YOUR RESERVATIONS. 2ND-PAYMENT DUE NO LATER THAN 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL DATE. 3. DAMAGE FEE: In lieu of the standard security deposit there will be a non refundable damage fee of $40.00, which will relieve renters of the costs for all unintentional and incidental damage to the rental home or its contents up to a maximum of $500. The damage fee DOES NOT cover intentional damage, excessive cleaning (including dirty dishes), damage resulting from any violation of the rental agreement (i.e. exceeding the maximum number of guests), house rules, or dog rules. 4. CANCELLATION: RESERVATIONS ARE CONSIDERED BOOKED WHEN THE GUEST’S CREDIT CARD INFORMATION IS RECEIVED OR PAYMENT IS PROCESSED. To cancel this reservation, notice of cancellation MUST BE IN WRITING AND RECEIVED 30 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK-IN DATE. Owner will refund the sums Guest have paid, less a cancellation fee equal to $50.00 & any non-refundable fees from the total paid amount. This is to cover transaction cost owner has incurred. Guest agrees to allow owner to deduct the $50.00 cancellation fee from total refund amount due on cancellations. 5. PETS: Pets are NOT Allowed. Absolutely no cats, birds, or exotic animals. 6. SMOKING: Smoking is not allowed in the rental property. 7. CHECK-IN: Check in time is 3:00 p.m. on your day of arrival. Address, Keys, & Lock box codes WILL NOT be issued with a balance outstanding or without a signed or electronically accepted rental agreement. 8. CHECK-OUT: Check out time is 11:00 a.m. on your day of departure. Cleaners arrive promptly & will start cleaning, as we often have guests leaving and arriving the same day leaving the cleaning services a small amount of time to clean. The rental property has a check-out procedure posted inside of the house. Please read, and follow the check out directions prior to departure. 9. CLEANING: Rental property will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned after your departure. The cleaning fee you have paid will provide for normal cleaning so that you can enjoy your vacation up to the last moment. YOU ARE REQUIRED to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by making sure dishes are washed and put away, the used towels are put in the washer and the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted and sanitized. REMEMBER: NO SMOKING inside the rental home! 10. TELEPHONES, WIFI, & Cable: Liberty Street-SF is equipped with Cable / DSL WIFI, unlimited domestic long distance calls. Owner is not responsible for the operation or maintenance of DSL/Cable signal or other high speed internet services. Rarely does the Comcast DSL/Cable service fail but when issues do occur, it’s the provider’s issues; outside the rental property. 11. WHAT IS SUPPLY: The property is, unless otherwise noted on the website, equipped and set up as a fully furnished property that will include bedspreads, linens, blankets, pillows, towels, a fully equipped kitchen, TV, furnishings. Paper products are supplied, but will not be replaced if consumed. Staples (salt, pepper, foils, wraps, etc) are stocked by the owner of the property. Tenant is responsible for replacing stocked items as they are consumed. Owner may not have all the items you may be accustomed to having in your home. If there is a special type of item you are accustomed to using please provide for those items by bringing them with you. Occupancy is based on sleeping capacity (6). 12. Weather: Owner does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do owner accept liability for any inconveniences arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing. Nor will Owner accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather/road conditions, natural disasters, acts of God or other reasons beyond its control. On a case by case basis, Owner may refund guests due to road closures lasting more than six consecutive hours. 13. HOT TUB: No Hot Tub on this property. 14. MAINTENANCE: Owner will diligently attempt to address maintenance issues as they occur. There is an associated risk of renting a single family residence or condo. If a maintenance issue occurs that cannot be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, and significantly affects the tenant’s stay; Owner reserves the right to refund at their discretion or relocate guests to another property. Guest is liable for all replacements and repairs that are outside what is considered normal wear and tear. 15. HOME OWNER ASSOCIATIONS: Does not apply. 16. NOISE: - Neighbors should not be able to hear Guest at rental property between 10pm-9am, and no outdoor amplified sound is allowed anytime. Any complaints from neighbors regarding excessive noise or other nuisances may be cause for immediate termination of the rental agreement and forfeiture of the Guest’s paid rents. 17. EXPRESS INDEMNITY: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors and administrators, fully releases and discharges Owner of the property from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs. 18. SALE CONTINGENCY: In the event the home that that you have reserved is for sale, and/or a party enters into contract to exchange title, Owner reserves the right to provide the tenant with a comparable property at no additional cost to the tenant. Showings during occupancy are by appointment only at the Guest’s approval. If checked this property is for sale and this sale contingency applies to this property. 19. SYSTEM FAILURE: In case of failure of a system or amenity during your stay, including but not limited to, water, sewer, heating, air-conditioning, electrical, mechanical, ventilating, structural systems, major appliances, or entertainment equipment, Owner shall promptly repair them. Guest agree to permit access to the House to make repairs. Owner shall not be liable to Guest in damages, and NO REBATE OR REFUND will be given for such temporary failure, provided. Owner shall repairing the system or amenity in a reasonable manner after having received notice from you that repairs are needed. AMENITIES OFFERED: Everything will be done to make sure what was offered in any advertising will be in the property as described. There may be times when the exact amenities are not in the property. Every attempt is made to keep the inventory as advertised. A difference in amenities does not entitle You to any refund of rents paid. Amenities may be added or removed at the Owners discretion. Example: Owner may have advertised 4 DVD players; one may be out for service. That does not warrant any refund." 20. Parking: Parking is limited to 1 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking space only which is on the property only. Street parking available in area (avoid 2 hour parking streets). Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle’s owner. 21. Fireplace: The fireplace has a Pellet Stove insert. Follow all safety procedures with using the Pellet Stove. NEVER OPEN DOOR when Pellet stove is in use. Owner will supply one 40-lb. bag of wood-pellets for every 3 days of rental. Contact owner to arrange for delivery of more pellets at renters expense if needed. Or visit the Lowes Hardware store and purchase more. CLEAN-OUT THE PELLET STOVE BEFORE EACH USE TO ENSURE A QUICK STARTING FIRE. CONTACT OWNER IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH PELLET STOVE. 22. Water & Septic: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages. Guest is responsible for all plumber cost which may arise during their stay. Owner test Plumbing system prior to renting property to assure it functions correctly. 23. ENTIRE CONTRACT: Time is of the essence. All prior agreements between owner and tenant are incorporated in this Agreement, which constitutes the entire contract. It is intended as a final expression of the parties’ agreement, and may not be contradicted by evidence of any prior agreement or contemporaneous oral agreement. The parties further intend that this Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of its terms, and that no extrinsic evidence whatsoever may be introduced in any judicial or other proceeding, if any, involving this Agreement. Any provision of this Agreement that is held to be invalid shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision in this Agreement. The waiver of any breach shall not be construed as a continuing waver of the same or any subsequent breach. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. California shall have personal jurisdiction over the parties and the county in which the Premises is located shall be the forum for any legal action brought in relation to this Agreement. The undersigned has read and understands the terms and conditions of this agreement: Guest Signature ________________________Date: Thursday, November 1, 2012 *Guest electronic acceptance of rental agreement equals Guest Signature & will be accepted by owner.
If you have any questions please contact the owner.
This owner accepts HomeAway's most secure form of payment.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: I'm a 48 year old San Franciscan computer professional that retired early and bought real estate properties in places I wanted to live. I enjoy creating welcoming and relaxing living spaces for myself and recently have begun enjoying sharing these wonderful homes with others through vacation rentals. I have another vacation rental called 'Honeycomb Cabin' located in wine country. It's 1.5 hours north of San Francisco. It has been so successful I am now adding Liberty Street-SF, right in San Francisco’s best neighborhood. The best way to interact with me is with email. Both my rentals (Honeycomb Cabin & Liberty Street-SF) have keyless entry. Therefore the entire rental transaction can take place online including quotes, rental-agreement, payments, and your electronic code to unlock the home. This is my preferred way of conducting the transaction.
Why the Owner Chose Castro:
This is a great apartment in a super location. The neighborhood is diverse not just in terms of ethnicity, but also in terms of ages, families, lifestyles and so many different things to do from tennis and basketball to the children’s play ground, from gourmet ice cream to shopping, from sightseeing to getting a suntan in the park. Within a few blocks are restaurants, natural food grocery stores, tea lounge, cafes and more. Liberty Street-SF was the owner's unit in the top floor of this three-story, three-unit building. It has been set up to fulfill all the needs and accentuate all the benefits and comforts of city living. After a day out in the hustle and bustle, you can recline in the leather couch and watch your favorite movie or TV show on the big screen TV before dinner. Get a great night’s sleep in any of the super comfortable beds and wake up and make yourself some coffee in the gourmet kitchen – and you can be barefoot because heated tile floors will warm your feet!
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
The views and location of Liberty Street-SF. Located in the historic Liberty Heights neighborhood. Liberty Street SF is just steps to Dolores Park, Transportation, Restaurants, Shopping, Castro, Mission, Noe Vally. Great walking neighborhood.
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Liberty Street-SF Vacation Rental Website
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from Liberty Street-SF living & dining room windows.
Living Room has 2 full size leather sofa's 1 recliner type. Dual pane windows.
Kitchen - Fully equipped granite stainless steel professional equipment.
Beautiful dishes & flatware supplied for those special meals at home.
Bedroom 1 - Master Cal-King Luxury, bath, walk-in colset ceiling fan clock-radio
Bedroom 3 - Comfy & Cosy room with great views of SF. CableTV, walk-in closet
Bathroom 1 - Clean with tub / shower combo and great views of SF.
View outside Liberty Street-SF. Dolores Park is on next corner down hill.
J-Church train runs past Liberty Street-SF (in background) to Downtown & beyond.
Local Grocery Store..
There are many dining areas and these are just some in walking distance.
Dolores Park has tanning, 6 Tennis Courts, Basketball, & children's playground.
Liberty Street-SF spans the entire top floor of 3 unit building with great views
Living Room Fireplace Pellet Stove insert. 60 TV, Cable, DVD, AppleTV, Bose.
Kitchen - Fully equipped granite stainless steel professional equipment.
Dining area seats 6 adults comfortably.
Bedroom 2 - Garden bedroom is a roomy oasis of peace.
Shower curtain color pallet in first bathroom off living room area.
Bathroom 2 - Master bath walk-in shower, skylight, fan, new vanity.
San Francisco's Dolores Park on a sunny day. Many free events happen here weekly
Awesome Dining. Suggest 1-2 week advance reservation if you plan to eat here.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013