Lovely Stone Home with Garden in Castle Near Beach and Venice
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lignano Sabbiadoro chateau / country house description
La Vicinia (4 people occupation: 2 double bed rooms): an enchanting medieval home with beautiful arched portico for al fresco resting and dining and a private garden with access on the castle's main garden.
It is distributed on 140 sqm and has:
on the ground-floor:
- a vast sitting and dining area with wooden table and chairs, drawer, sofa, armchair, several other chairs, desk, small tables and carpets.
- an equipped kitchen.
On the first floor:
- two double bedrooms with hand painted furniture and air conditioning. Each room has its own bathroom with shower.
Lovely arched portico (with wooden table and chairs), and private garden (with table, chairs and BBQ)
- 150 m²
- Chateau / Country House
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- King size beds (4), Child Beds (1), Baby Cribs (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Cooking Utensils
- Living Room seats 5:
- Wood Stove:
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
- Garden Chairs:
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Miniature Golf
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Freshwater Fishing
- Winery Tours
- Botanical Garden
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- La Vicinia is placed in the heart of the complex of the castle of Strassoldo di Sopra (Upper castle of Strassoldo), one of the oldest castles of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, the lovely most north-eastern region of Italy, bordering with Austria, Slovenia, the Adriatic sea and Veneto. The small and quiet village of Strassoldo is in the spring-water area of the green Friulan lowlands, in a very central position, enabling guests to easily visit the area's main attractions, such as: - Venice (1 hour's drive) - The sun-island of Grado and its golden beach (20 minutes' drive). Once the Austrian Empire's Summer resort, the place has an amazing historical center and here in addition to breathing the 'Mitteleuropean' flair of the past you can dive into the Adriatic sea and/or make a boat tours in the marvelous lagoon with its typical fishermen huts. - The ancient Roman colony of Aquileia (15 minutes' drive), with its amazing basilica, lovely floor mosaics, excavations, port, criptas and museum - The star-shaped fortress of Palmanova (5 minutes' drive), with its green hills and tunnels - the ancient Longobard Duchy of Cividale del Friuli (20 minutes' drive) with its beautiful small temple, dome, Devil's bridge and museum. This little town is surrounded by lovely green hills crossed by the blue-green Natisone river where there are several nice restaurants to try. The relaxing atmosphere of the place invites the guests to tank energy, enjoy the lovely gardens full of old trees and flowers, make nice walks in the flourishing countryside (partially on private grounds) and bike tours through the nearby cute little rural villages. For shopping fans there's an interesting outlet with 90 brand shops only 5 minutes drive from the castle. Last but not least, the region is famous for its good food combining Austrian and Slovenian flavors near to the borders and a variety of dishes from fragrant cheese and potato dishes to excellent fresh fish near to the coast. Not to mention the wines, among which the white wines of the Collio area are Worldwide renown and the red wines are placing themselves in the highest ranks of the sector....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A dream come true that must be fulfilled
A dream come true that must be fulfilled
Who hasn't dreamed of staying in a real castle????Here's your chance. ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING IS PERFECT. The attention to detail that Gabriella has given to her family estate is beyond words. The furnishings, decor, facilities, staff are superbe. The garden area is magical and the family history breathes through the air. Excellent location to explore from if you can make yourself leave...... I'm already planning how to come back for a longer stay, in fact I'd move in if I could.Perfect for families and lovers.....thank you Gabriella dave and I celebrated our 20year wedding anniversary with in the walls of castello strassoldo a memory we will cherish forever
- Guest s.montizambert
- Date of stay 04/15/13
- Review Submitted 04/17/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing.
Owner response: Dear Sylvianne and David, Thank you so much for your lovely and unexpected review !!! It was such a pleasure to meet you and really hope your path will bring you back to this little angle of northern Italy again. David's professional website is really nice and he's really a great photographer. I wish you a lovely and romantic future together and send you many warm wishes from Strassoldo Gabriella
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Oct 16 - Apr 15
7 night min stay
Discounts: 15 nights or more: €117 Nightly; 22 nights or more: €112 Nightly
Apr 16 - Oct 15
7 night min stay
Discounts: 15 nights or more: €130 Nightly; 22 nights or more: €125 Nightly
- Refundable Damage Deposit: €200
- Pet Fee: €0
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
About the owner: Gabriella Williams di Strassoldo grew up between England, German, Austria and Italy and speaks fluent English, Italian, German and French. She lives between Wien (A) and Strassoldo (I) and manages her family estate, the castle of Strassoldo di Sopra, which belongs to the counts of Strassoldo since a thousand years. When she took over the task from her mother many years ago the castle was in a very bad condition and Gabriella put an enormous effort in restoring it, bringing it back to its ancient flair. In the last years she also restored three ancient stone houses, turning them into high quality holiday homes: La Vicinia (former administrative centre), Casa Rambaldo and Casa Artuico (former guards' houses).
Why the Owner Chose Lignano Sabbiadoro:
The holiday homes at the castle of Strassoldo di Sopra offer the unique opportunity to breathe the flair of an ancient private castle and at the same time to visit a beautiful and still not well known area of Italy, ranging from high mountains, through rolling hills, green plains to rock and sand beaches.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
La Vicinia and the other two holiday homes of the castle of Strassoldo di Sopra are very well furnished and have every comfort. Each has its own private garden and access of the castle's main garden.
- Primary: +39 3889255212
Links to more information:
Castle complex with lovely gardens and rivers
Front view of Vicinia with the little bridge that connects castle to church
Nice arched porch on garden where you can eat and relax
View from a window into the green gardens
La Vicinia, sitting area with comfortable sofa, armchair, tables and TV
Bedroom with green tapestry, carpets, hand painted furniture and view on garden
Main building of castle and tower
Parterre with ancient well in the main garden
River surrounding the lovely garden/orchard of the castle
Ducks in the river surrounding the castle
Beautiful cathedral and mosaics of the nearby ancient colony of Aquileia
Stunning landscape in Monte Lussari (1 hour's drive)
Tower of castle with view to the garden
English roses and Vicinia from garden side
Lovely porch and garden with deck chairs
Door to the lovely garden
Dining area (in case you don't want to eat outside under the porch)
Bedroom with Yellow tapestry, hand Painted furniture and view on garden
Ancient Orangérie and lovely English roses just in front of Holiday homes
Castle's ancient terrace on garden side
Garden-orchard and ancient well surrounded by roses near the river
The nearby 'sun island' Grado with its golden beach
Udine (20 min. drive), wonderful square and Church of Piazza Matteotti
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, July 24, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.