Francis Point Dog Friendly B&B - Luxury Suites, Breakfast & Outdoor Hot Tub
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Madeira Park bed and breakfast description
Nestled beside the Sunshine Coast's most spectacular marine park, the Francis Point Bed and Breakfast offers luxury accommodation in a rustic setting, and a restful oasis where you can bask in the soothing warmth of an outdoor hot tub.
PARK VIEW SUITE - Located on the main floor is a spacious room with a queen bed, TV, and dining area. The roomy ensuite bathroom has an old-fashioned claw-foot tub. A door from the bedroom provides access to the lower deck and hot tub.
TRANQUILITY LOFT - The charm of the two-room Tranquility Loft is enhanced by a railing fashioned from a yew tree that grew on the property. The bedroom features a deluxe king bed, TV, and easy chair. The ensuite bath is home to a deep soaker tub. The sitting room contains a TV, dining area and a comfy couch that can be made into a double bed. There is a private deck with a forest view and stairs leading to the lower patio and hot tub.
- 2 story
- Bed And Breakfast
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Pets Considered:
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Both of our suites have been designed and furnished with your comfort in mind, with fine linens, soft towels and robes. Parkview on the main floor is a spacious room with a queen bed, TV, and dining area. The roomy ensuite bathroom has an old-fashioned claw-foot tub. A door from the bedroom provides access to the lower deck and hot tub. The charm of the two-room Tranquility Loft is enhanced by a railing fashioned from a yew tree that grew on the property. The bedroom features a deluxe king bed, TV, and easy chair. The ensuite bath is home to a deep soaker tub. The sitting room contains a TV, dining area and a comfy couch that can be made into a double bed. There is a private deck with a forest view and stairs leading to the lower patio and hot tub. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Shared Hot Tub
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Wireless Internet
Deck / Patio:
Park View Suite - A door from the bedroom provides access to the lower deck and hot tub. Tranquility Loft - Private deck with a forest view and stairs leading to the lower patio and hot tub....moreless
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Freshwater Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Cross Country Skiing
- Medical Services
- Mountain Biking
- Wildlife Viewing
- Paddle Boating
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- The Sunshine Coast is a beautiful place, with lots of outdoor activities to enjoy. Our bed and breakfast is well positioned to enjoy a number of the most popular sights. HIKE FRANCIS POINT PROVINCIAL PARK - Walk only a few hundred feet out our door and you're on the trails of Francis Point Provincial Park. This 81-hectare waterfront park contains a fragile ecosystem of the elements that make the Gulf of Georgia unique, including intricate coves, windswept pines, moss-covered rocky headlands, and towering old-growth trees. It's a pristine spot for hiking, kayaking and scuba diving. A one hour hike along trails leads to a viewpoint at the top of Francis Peninsula, with scenic views of the surrounding islands. On one branch of the trail, steps descend a rocky bluff to the oceanfront. Due to the sensitive nature of this ecosystem, we encourage you to stay on the trails, pack out any garbage you create, and avoid collecting any material on your walk. HIKE SKOOKUMCHUK NARROWS - The Lower Sunshine Coast is a large peninsula roughly parallel to the mainland, with the protected Sechelt Inlet behind it. At the north of this inlet there is a narrow opening through which a huge volume of seawater passes as the tide ebbs and flows. At maximum flow this creates the unique sight of ocean rapids, running like a river. A hike out to Skookumchuk (which means 'strong water') is a must for visitors. Following a half hour drive, a forested trail leads to the two viewpoints. The trail is mostly flat and wide and easy to walk; just be careful of your step at the end as you reach the rocky bluffs. Sometimes you'll catch site of expert kayakers paddling the rapids. BOAT TOUR TO CHATTERBOX FALLS IN PRINCESS LOUISA INLET- We can't imagine a nicer outing for a sunny day than a trip up Princess Lousia Inlet to see the stunning Chatterbox Falls. This gorgeous remote inlet provides a real taste of British Columbia. The tour takes about 5 hours. You'll see waterfalls, native pictographs, glaciers, and early settlement areas. Tour includes commentary by the boat operator, who will point out many interesting features during the 30 mile trip. TOUR PENDER HARBOUR BY BOAT OR KAYAK - Francis Point lies along one side of Pender Harbour, an intricate sheltered harbour with many nooks and crannies. It's a beautiful corner of the planet that can be best appreciated from the water. You can catch the Slo-Cat (pictured) for a guided tour around the harbour, or rent a kayak from Malaspina Water Taxi and go solo. (Malaspina Water Taxi also offers boat tours to the isolated 243-hectare Jedediah Island Park, which has 5 km of walking trails and boasts a variety of wildlife.) GOLF ON THE SUNSHINE COAST - The Sunshine Coast is home to four golf courses, with Pender Harbour Golf and Country Club only a 10 minute drive from the B&B. This nine-hole course is open to the public and is set in a forested area, with mountain views. It offers an unusual and challenging mix of gently sloped and hilly fairways, with water hazards scattered strategically through the course. The club's patio serves drinks and meals. HORSEBACK RIDING - Many locals moved to the Sunshine Coast for the pleasant blend of small towns and rural character, so it's no surprise that the area is home to many horses and riders. Nearby Malaspina Ranch offers horseback riding to visitors. SCUBA DIVING - Most of us think of the tropics as having the best scuba diving locations, so you might be surprised to discover that the British Columbia is home to a number of world-class diving sites, including Skookumchuck Narrows, the sunken HMCS Chaudiere or the lively Tuwanek Marine Park. The water may be cold (some prefer to use a dry-suit), but it's well worth it, as there is so much marine life to see, and typically very clear water. You can dive off the beach with your own gear, or contact one of the local outfits to supply equipment and/or boat transportation to your dive site. If you're not yet a diver, but want to be, stay a while and obtain your certificate with a local diving school. FISHING - Fishing opportunities abound, with both fresh water and salt water options. Our B&B is well positioned for both. Around Pender Harbour, fishing lakes include Garden Bay Lake, Hotel Lake and Mixal Lake; a bit further afield are Trout Lake to the south or Ruby Lake and Sakinaw Lake to the north. Or let Pender Harbour Charters take you out to the best spots on the ocean. If you're fishing on your own, be sure to check out limits, licenses and regulations, as well as red tide closures....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Clean, quiet & well appointedGuest comment entered by owner
Clean, quiet & well appointed
Chrys & Clint, Thank you for your warm hospitality! We were very satisfied with the accommodations & breakfasts. Clean, quiet & well appointed
- Guest Guy & Trina, Maple Ridge BC
- Date of stay 07/01/12
- Review Submitted 07/25/12
Stunning room, hot tub & great breakfastGuest comment entered by owner
Stunning room, hot tub & great breakfast
A stunning room, a private hot tub & great breakfast - who could ask for more? Thanks!
- Guest Nathanael & Katelyn
- Date of stay 06/17/12
- Review Submitted 07/25/12
Wonderful StayGuest comment entered by owner
Thanks so much Chrys & Clint! We had a wonderful stay! Conquering the Sunshine Coast loop Vancouver - Francis Point - Powell River - Comox - Nanaimo - Salt Spring Island - Vancouver via Bike!
- Guest Lindsay & Shane, Vancouver BC
- Date of stay 07/02/12
- Review Submitted 07/25/12
Fabulous PlaceGuest comment entered by owner
Fabulous place, lovely house, hot tub very relaxing after a long walk. Great breakfast. Thanks so much.
- Guest Joyce & Keith, Bolton England
- Date of stay 07/03/12
- Review Submitted 07/25/12
Incredible Bath & Scrumptious BreakfastGuest comment entered by owner
Incredible Bath & Scrumptious Breakfast
Thank you for welcoming us into your beautiful home. The room was very comfortable, the bath was incredible and both our breakfasts were scrumptious!
- Guest Robin & Geoff - Vancouver, BC
- Date of stay 07/08/12
- Review Submitted 07/25/12
LOW SEASON (Oct 16 to Apr 30) Park View Suite - $109 /night Tranquility Loft - $129 /night HIGH SEASON(May 1 to Oct 15) Park View Suite - $129 /night Tranquility Loft - $149 /night EXTRA PERSON - $25 per person/night PETS - $20 per pet/night
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Sechelt Floatplane Terminal at 35.8 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Earls Cove Ferry Terminal at 27 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: BC Hwy 101 at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Francis Point Provincial Park at 60 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Grasshopper Pub & Restaurant at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Dakota Ridge Winter Recreation Park at 54 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Pender Harbour Golf Course at 13 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: THE RESTAURANT at Painted Boat at 4 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: We were fortunate to be able to build our bed and breakfast ourselves, allowing us to blend country ambiance with urban conveniences, and cultivate an atmosphere of relaxation and tranquility. We wanted to take advantage of the natural beauty of this area, so the home has private entrances and plenty of deck space, as well as a barbecue. For youngsters, there is a sandbox complete with toys, and a small slide. We enjoy sharing our home with our guests and will endeavor to make your stay as relaxing and as enjoyable as possible. Chrys and Clint Sample
- Primary: 604.883.9469
- Secondary: +1 877.883.9469 Toll free
Bask in the soothing warmth of an outdoor hot tub.
Park View Bedroom
Park View Ensuite Bathroom
Tranquility Loft bedroom with snack kitchen
Tranquility Suite Loft bathroom
Enjoy a scrumptious hot breakfast each morning.
Beavers at work at the pond. Ask about our Beaver Tales Package including tour.
Steller and California sea lions are seasonal residents at Francis Point Park
A 1 hour hike along trails leads to a viewpoint at the top of Francis Peninsula
You can catch the Slo-Cat for a guided tour around the harbour.
Take a 5hr Boat Tour to Princess Louisa Inlet to the stunning Chatterbox Falls
Francis Point Dog Friendly B&B
Park View Suite Bedroom
Park View Suite clawfoot bathtub
Tranquility Loft bedroom
Tranquility loft deck & seating area
Menu entrees include a gourmet seafood omelette
Outdoor back deck with BBQ's
´Very Important Pooch´ welcome includes in-room pet bed, premium treats & more!
Fawn grazing on the lawn at Francis Point B&B
The Sunshine Coast is home to four golf courses, one just 10 min. from the B&B
Hike to Skookumchuck Narrows viewpoint to watch kayakers paddle the rapids
Enjoy a trail ride with spectacular views of the ocean and mountains.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, November 08, 2013
1 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.