Greers Ferry Lake Retreat
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Greers Ferry house description
Awesome lake house retreat on Greers Ferry. View of lake in winter. Tree top view in summer. Very close to Devil’s Fork State Park, Shiloh State Park, and Lacey’s Marina. Plenty of flat parking for boats and four wheelers. Easy circular driveway. Full kitchen. Fireplace. Three decks, covered parking. Outdoor firepit. Clean and beautiful inside and out. Wireless internet. Two master bedrooms with private baths. Desk in 2nd bedroom downstairs for the remote worker. Game and puzzle table in upstairs great room. Totally relaxing. Come and enjoy yourself. Works well for multiple families. Located across the road from the lake.
- Vacation Rental
- Limited Accessibility:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Considered:
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 7-12
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Covered Parking
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Circular drive and easy access for boats, RVs, jet skis, and four wheelers. Lots of flat parking and covered parking for two vehicles. Four decks and one patio. Huge fire pit on one of the side decks. Walk down to the lake (across the street). Launch your boat at Devil's Fork State Park or Lacey's Marina and pull up into the cove in front of the house. There's no dock, but you can easily navigate up to the shore to pick up and drop off tired kiddos near the house. The house is spacious and easy to share with more than one family....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Video Games
- Video Game Console
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Equestrian Events
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Pier Fishing
- Scenic Drives
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Whitewater Rafting
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Medical Services
- ***** Greer's Ferry Lake***** Greers Ferry Lake is an outdoor paradise, popular for water sports, boating, cliff diving, camping, hiking, fishing, and four-wheeling. The area extends from Ozark foothills to the edge of the delta and includes two beautiful lakes, the Little Red River, some of the most beautiful caverns, springs, and waterfalls in the world as well as lots of trails for hiking and four-wheeling. ***** Fishing***** Anglers can fish for largemouth bass, white bass hybrids, walleye and trout all in the same day. Greers Ferry Lake holds the world record for walleye and hybrid striper. And the Little Red River holds the record for German brown trout. The lake and river are stocked with every game fish native to the state is stocked by the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission. ***** Boating***** The lake is 40,000 acres of deep sparkling clear water and fun. There's plenty of room so boaters, sail boaters, water-skiers, house boaters, scuba divers and the party barges seldom cross paths. Launch your boat at Lacy's Marina, Hill Creek Marina, or Devil's Fork Park operated by the Corps of Engineers There’s no dock at the house, but you can pull up in the cove to come and go from the boat to the house throughout your stay. The path up to the house is rocky and crosses Hwy 16 so don't let the kids go alone. ***** Nature Trails***** Nature trails abound. In fact all you have to do is walk down to the lake and follow the shoreline for the easiest most enjoyable hike. There are developed trails all over the area and an especially nice one winding up Sugar Loaf Mountain, an island in the lake west of the house, which affords breathtaking views of the lake and surrounding countryside from its summit which is 500 feet above the surface area of the lake. ***** Blanchard Springs Caverns***** Breathtaking caverns and gorgeous springs and waterfalls are about an hour's drive north. Take a tour of the cave to beat the heat in the summer. The cave stays a comfortable 58 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. The cave is often called the “living cave” because its constantly changing and growing. The main room is the size of three football fields and has a 100 foot ceiling. Be sure to check out the springs and waterfalls while you are there. ***** Bridal Veil Water Falls***** A half hour southeast are some of the prettiest waterfalls in the area. Bridal Veil Falls are named for their similarity to a bride's veil. So, don't fret if the rain keeps you from boating. Just hop in your car and check out these gems. You can park so close that you can be at the top of the falls within a couple minutes and reach the bottom a few minutes later. If you like to rock hop, follow the stream south and take a left at the first fork to find the second set of falls. ***** Buffalo River***** An hour northwest is the best canoeing, kayaking, and floating in the region. The Buffalo river is simply unsurpassed in beauty. The completely pristine natural (undammed) river runs 150 miles past 500 foot tall sandstone and limestone bluffs. Almost all of it is managed by the National Park Service. You can rent a float or canoe at any outfitters and experience the most relaxing day of your life. Buffalo River Outfitters on Hwy 65 ***** Golf***** The golf courses are gorgeous and challenging. Tannenbaum Resort Golf, Mountain Ranch Golf Course , Lost Creek Golf Club, Indian Hills Golf Club , Red Apple Inn Golf Club ***** Flea Markets and Antique Stores***** If you like antiquing and flea markets you will be in heaven. There are dozens of shops to discover literally in any direction you choose to drive. Of course, Hwy 65 between Branson and Conway offers the most popular spots, but don't miss my favorite - Tumbling Shoals Flea Market near Heber Springs. She's open every day but Tuesday and I promise you won't leave empty-handed. ***** Restaurants***** You can boat over or walk to Janssen's, or drive across the Edgemont bridge to eat at J.R.'s BBQ, Largemouth Pizza, Rosa's Mexican, and Bentleys, which is a local favorite. For more upscale dining go west on Hwy 16 to Fairfield Bay - Indian Hills Country Club, Bogey's, Janssen's At The Bay, and Little Red Restaurant. *****Horseback Riding***** Red River Riding Stables are a few miles from the house toward Fairfield Bay. The owner is Steve Swenson. Steve built the huge old fashioned stables. They offer guided 45 and 90 minute trail rides overlooking the Little Red River. ***** Cardboard Boat Races***** The world championship cardboard boat races are held on Sandy Beach Greers Ferry Lake in Heber Springs the weekend of July 28th. This event is a blast. The boats are creative, funny, and amazing. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My family met and stayed with two other families at Greers Ferry and we had an outstanding time. Cindy was easy to work with, answered all my questions and the house was exactly as described. We enjoyed our stay very much. Thank you Cindy!
- Guest Tina K.
- Date of stay 11/15/13
- Review Submitted 11/20/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing.
Perfect retreat for large group
Perfect retreat for large group
I would like to say that I have stay in the Greers Ferry Lake area at least 4 times in the last year ,and by far this was the best experience yet. From location.. to space.. to amenities ,this rental property has it all.We stayed there on labor day weekend , and we had a wonderful time .One thing you can't overlook in a vacation rental is the owner/property manager , and I will say that Cindy is one of the nicest and most easiest to work with around . Five star place above and beyond . Abe (Dallas ,Tx)
- Guest Abe (Dallas Texas)
- Date of stay 09/01/12
- Review Submitted 09/05/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
$185 per night plus tax, 2 night minimum $900 per week plus tax $3000 per month plus tax Half of rent is due within 30 days of booking $500 refundable reservation and damage deposit $200 cleaning fee (negotiable) Cancellations require 30 days advanced notice for no penalty and full refund Cancellation or early departure does not warrent refund of rent or deposit
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: We invite you to stay at our lake house and share the fun and relaxation. Up here we say, 'If you're lucky enough to be at the lake, you're lucky enough!'
Why the Owner Chose Greers Ferry:
This house is incredibly spacious so lots of folks or several families can share the space, enjoy each other's company, but not get in each other's way! There are five bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms and two huge family rooms - one upstairs and one down. The downstairs also has a separate entrance.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Each of the three upstairs bedrooms has a private entrance onto the deck that faces the lake. There's a circular driveway and plenty of flat parking for boats, campers, RVs, four wheelers, jet skis, cars, and trucks. We love the huge outdoor fire pit. Even though we have a gas grill, we like cooking steaks over the fire in the winter and making s’mores in the summer.
- Primary: 5019129490
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of house from backyard. Lake is across the road from here.
Circular drive way approaching house
Great room with puzzle table in right corner. Laundry to right; kitchen to left.
Master bedroom (king bed) opens onto back deck. Private bath and dressing area.
Third bedroom (queen tempupedic matress). Also has desk. Opens onto back deck.
Room also has a mini-fridge and a desk. The whole house has wireless internet.
This is one of three bathrooms.
View from driveway - circular driveway is to left and more parking is on right
Lake at sunset. The lake is a short walk across the street from the house.
Deck on lake side in the afternoon.
2nd master bedroom (king) private bath, opens onto back deck, has mini-fridge
Fourth bedroom - Italian leather queen bed with excellent mattress
Dining area and fully stocked kitchen
Downstairs den with satelite TV and video games. Two seating areas.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, September 28, 2013
5 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.