Greers Ferry Lake Retreat
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Greers Ferry house description
Awesome lake house retreat. View of lake in winter. Treetop view in summer. Very close to Devil’s Fork State Park, Shiloh State Park, and Lacey’s Marina. Plenty of of parking for boats and 4 wheelers. Circular driveway (one side is steep). Full kitchen. Fireplace. Covered deck, covered patio, covered parking. Two fire pits outside. Clean and beautiful inside and out. Wireless internet. Desk in 2nd bedroom downstairs for the remote worker. Located across the road from the lake. Safe and relaxing environment.
- Vacation Rental
Main floor is all one level from covered parking to house including kitchen, great room, bedroom, bathroom, and deck; however there are small steps at thresholds to front door and covered deck....moreless
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 5-10
- King size beds (1) Sleeptronic, Queen size Beds (2), Double Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Covered Parking
- Parking Off Street
- Wood Fireplace
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Two outdoor fire pits. Circular drive - easy access for boats, jet skis, four wheelers, trucks and cars. Covered and off street parking. Safe and relaxing environment. One covered deck and one covered patio on lake side of house. Two outdoor fire pits. Walk down to the lake (across the street). Launch your boat at Devil's Fork State Park or Lacey's Marina and pull up into the cove in front of the house. There's no dock, but you can easily navigate up to the shore to pick up and drop off tired kiddos near the house....moreless
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Lake View
- Equestrian Events
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Jet Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Scenic Drives
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- ***** Greer's Ferry Lake***** Greers Ferry Lake is an outdoor paradise, popular for water sports, boating, cliff diving, camping, hiking, fishing, and four-wheeling. The area extends from Ozark foothills to the edge of the delta and includes two beautiful lakes, the Little Red River, some of the most beautiful caverns, springs, and waterfalls in the world as well as lots of trails for hiking and four-wheeling. ***** Fishing***** Anglers can fish for largemouth bass, white bass hybrids, walleye and trout all in the same day. Greers Ferry Lake holds the world record for walleye and hybrid striper. And the Little Red River holds the record for German brown trout. The lake and river are stocked with every game fish native to the state is stocked by the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission. ***** Boating***** The lake is 40,000 acres of deep sparkling clear water and fun. There's plenty of room so boaters, sail boaters, water-skiers, house boaters, scuba divers and the party barges seldom cross paths. Launch your boat at Lacy's Marina, Hill Creek Marina, or Devil's Fork Park operated by the Corps of Engineers. There’s no dock at the house, but you can pull up in the cove to come and go from the boat to the house throughout your stay. The path up to the house is rocky and crosses Hwy 16 so don't let the kids go alone. ***** Nature Trails***** Nature trails abound. In fact all you have to do is walk down to the lake and follow the shoreline for the easiest most enjoyable hike. There are developed trails all over the area and an especially nice one winding up Sugar Loaf Mountain, an island in the lake west of the house, which affords breathtaking views of the lake and surrounding countryside from its summit which is 500 feet above the surface area of the lake. ***** Blanchard Springs Caverns***** Breathtaking caverns and gorgeous springs and waterfalls are about an hour's drive north. Take a tour of the cave to beat the heat in the summer. The cave stays a comfortable 58 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. The cave is often called the “living cave” because its constantly changing and growing. The main room is the size of three football fields and has a 100 foot ceiling. Be sure to check out the springs and waterfalls while you are there. ***** Bridal Veil Water Falls***** A half hour southeast are some of the prettiest waterfalls in the area. Bridal Veil Falls are named for their similarity to a bride's veil. So, don't fret if the rain keeps you from boating. Just hop in your car and check out these gems. You can park so close that you can be at the top of the falls within a couple minutes and reach the bottom a few minutes later. If you like to rock hop, follow the stream south and take a left at the first fork to find the second set of falls. ***** Buffalo River***** An hour northwest is the best canoeing, kayaking, and floating in the region. The Buffalo river is simply unsurpassed in beauty. The completely pristine natural (undammed) river runs 150 miles past 500 foot tall sandstone and limestone bluffs. Almost all of it is managed by the National Park Service. You can rent a float or canoe at any outfitters and experience the most relaxing day of your life. Buffalo River Outfitters on Hwy 65 ***** Golf***** The golf courses are gorgeous and challenging. Tannenbaum Resort Golf, Mountain Ranch Golf Course, Lost Creek Golf Club, Indian Hills Golf Club, Red Apple Inn Golf Club ***** Flea Markets and Antique Stores***** If you like antiquing and flea markets you will be in heaven. There are dozens of shops to discover literally in any direction you choose to drive. Of course, Hwy 65 between Branson and Conway offers the most popular spots, but don't miss my favorite - Tumbling Shoals Flea Market near Heber Springs. She's open every day but Tuesday and I promise you won't leave empty-handed. ***** Restaurants***** You can boat over or walk to Janssen's, or drive across the Edgemont bridge to eat at J.R.'s BBQ, Largemouth Pizza, Rosa's Mexican, and Bentleys, which is a local favorite. For more upscale dining go west on Hwy 16 to Fairfield Bay - Indian Hills Country Club, Bogey's, Janssen's At The Bay, and Little Red Restaurant. *****Horseback Riding***** Red River Riding Stables are a few miles from the house toward Fairfield Bay. The owner is Steve Swenson. Steve built the huge old fashioned stables. They offer guided 45 and 90 minute trail rides overlooking the Little Red River. ***** Cardboard Boat Races***** The world championship cardboard boat races are held on Sandy Beach Greers Ferry Lake in Heber Springs the weekend of July 28th. This event is a blast. The boats are creative, funny, and amazing. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
The house was wonderful. It was very clean, comfy and in an awesome location. We put great use to all the amenities. I would highly recommend this property. Thank you, Cindy!
- Guest Erica A. (Memphis)
- Date of stay 05/24/13
- Review Submitted 05/30/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, sightseeing.
Early Thanksgiving Stay
Early Thanksgiving Stay
We had a party of 7 that stayed for three nights and we enjoyed this property. It is a split-level on a hill and bedrooms are split top and bottom, that was nice for the kids at times. The back porch got lots of use too. Comfy beds with a well stocked (pans and utensils) kitchen that served us well cooking. (A covered drive thru at the kitchen door could be very handy too.) The owner, Cindy, was very nice and accommodating too. Greers Ferry is a short walk across the front yard and Hwy. 225 for fishing off the bank. Along the road in the neighborhood is good hiking and walking. Good scenery to see on the lake too. We had a great stay - Thanks Cindy.
- Guest Sybil C.
- Date of stay 11/16/12
- Review Submitted 11/27/12
Recommended for: Pet owners, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, romantic getaway.
$145 per night plus tax, 2 night minimum $700 per week plus tax $2000 per month plus tax Half of rent is due within 30 days of booking $350 refundable reservation and damage deposit $200 cleaning fee (negotiable) Cancellations require 30 days advanced notice for no penalty and full refund Cancellation or early departure does not warrent refund of rent or deposit
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: We invite you to stay at our lake house and share the fun and relaxation. Up here we say, 'If you're lucky enough to be at the lake, you’re lucky enough!'
Why the Owner Chose Greers Ferry:
This house is so lovely, you’ll feel right at home. The great room has a fireplace and windows along the lake wall for a beautiful view of tree tops in the summer and lake in the winter. There’s a full kitchen and pantry, a master bedroom and bath upstairs and two more bedrooms, bath, and family room with puzzle table downstairs. One of the downstairs bedroom opens onto a covered patio on the lake side of the house. in all there are three bedrooms, two bathrooms, two family rooms, and a full kitchen. There’s also two covered patios and one covered deck for grilling, dining, relaxing, and playing cards.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We love the swing on the front porch and the short walk to the lake. We built a path to the lake out of fallen tree trunks and enjoy walking and rock hopping along the shore around sunset.
- Primary: 5019129490
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from back yard. Lake is across the street from the house.
Upstairs great room. Dining room and deck to left. Kitchen to right.
View of dining room facing lake side of house.
Master bath upstairs
Breakfast nook in kitchen
Second bedroom downstairs - two double size beds and desk - next to bathroom
Downstairs den with satelite TV and game and puzzle table.
Sunset on the lake which is a short walk across the street from the house
View of fireplace in great room upstairs. Whole house has wireless internet.
Master Bedroom upstairs has a king size Sleeptronic mattress.
Fully stocked kitchen (pantry, refrigerator, and washer/dryer are on the left)
View of upstairs covered deck. Electric smoker, infrared and charcoal grills.
Game and puzzle table in downstairs den
Downstairs bedroom - 2 queen size beds - opens up to covered patio on lake side
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, September 28, 2013