Luxury Tuscan Dream Home with Panoramic Views
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Del Mar house description
This hilltop Tuscan manse sits majestically on a narrow, winding road in the tree-packed hills of Olde Del Mar above Camino Del Mar. The 16,000 sq ft lot with woodsy surroundings and stunning panoramic views of the beach to the west and San Dieguito Lagoon is so quiet and peaceful it is easy to forget it is conveniently located less than 5 miles to the world renown Torrey Pines Golf Course, 2 miles from the Del Mar Racetrack, 1 mile from the ocean, and is just a half a mile stroll to local shops and restaurants. This newly constructed, award winning home was featured in the July 2013 San Diego Home and Gardens magazine.
Rich in timeless and classic Tuscan Mediterranean architectural character, this home blends into its woodsy setting with its rustic aspects and neutral pallet and welcomes you with the warmth of natural stone tile, distressed wood floors, and Old World finishes. The home features a spacious open floor plan which boasts 12’ ceilings and walls that disappear as glass doors slide away rewarding you with over 2,000 sq ft of outdoor decks and patios with endless views.
The ample living room becomes even larger when you open the sliding glass door and are greeted with a deck that has sunset ocean views and seating for 10 people. It has a large wood burning fireplace surrounded by natural stone, a flat screen television, and a formal dining area which seats 8.
The spacious kitchen features every luxury with modern amenities and tall glass doors that seamlessly open to the extensive travertine patio built around a charming Sycamore tree that provides a canopy in the summer with broad, bright green leaves. The patio not only has a conversation seating area for 8 and a dining table that seats 6, it also provides a built in, natural gas BBQ with a sink, mini fridge, and bar top dining area. The backyard also yields a sizable lawn, another seating area surrounding a fire-pit facing the lagoon, a water feature, and is surrounded by lush trees.
A dramatic curved staircase comprised of a custom wrought iron and a Beechwood handrail in the entryway leads you up to the private master suite which comprises the second floor. It features large windows with views of the ocean, an ensuite with travertine tile, Jacuzzi jetted tub, separate shower with showerhead and handheld shower, dual sinks, large walk in closet and a gorgeous rooftop terrace with a large seating area, lounge chairs, an outdoor spiral staircase down to the main patio and endless panoramic views.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Smoking Allowed:
- Children Welcome:
- Limited Accessibility:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- Master suite is privately located on the 2nd floor with gorgeous sunset ocean views. It has a large deck with lounge seating, ensuite with double sinks, Jacuzzi tub, and a large walk in closet. Guest bedroom has a queen bed and private attached bedroom. The 3rd bedroom has a queen bed, built in desk area, and a loft area with a double bed. The 4th bedroom is a media room with a twin daybed. A 5th bedroom is available for rentals over 30 days, it has a one full bed on the ground floor and another full bed in a loft area. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Washing Machine:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Wood Fireplace
- Parking Off Street
- Air Conditioning
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View:
- Ocean View:
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Basketball Court
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
- Equestrian Events
- Jet Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Water Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Whale Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Gambling Casinos
- This spectacular San Diego Home and Garden ocean view residence is set above the quaint Village of Del Mar and overlooking the most beautiful stretch of beach in San Diego! Del Mar is a charming beach community with world-reknowned restaurants, shopping and access to activities that meet the demands of world-class travelers. Visitors and locals enjoy a 2+ mile beach pleasant for sunbathers, surfers, walkers, runners and those just wanting to relax. Oceanfront restaurants, parks, a playground, two estuaries/lagoons and a village filled with shops and top-rated restaurants make Del Mar the ideal vacation destination. The Del Mar Fairgrounds offers year-round events with the highlight being the summer Del Mar Horse Racing where the best horses accompanied by their owners, trainers, jockeys and more come to compete. The world renown Torrey Pines Golf Course is just 5 miles away. A short drive outside of Del Mar and you find you are in a mecca for endless fun! Within a 5 to 45 minutes drive enjoy Downtown San Diego and Seaport Village, the San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park & Museums, Seaworld, the upscale sass of La Jolla shops and restaurants, history of Rancho Santa Fe, Solana Beach Cedros Design District, Legoland, the Wild Animal Park, coastal/beach towns of Cardiff-by-the-Sea, Encinitas, Carlsbad and Oceanside. Orange County, Anaheim, Disneyland, California Adventure Land and Knott's Berry Farm are also easy day-trips from Del Mar! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 28 - Jun 27, 2014
3 night min stay
Jun 28 - Sep 6, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
$10,000 per week on a year round basis.
Discount may apply for multiple weeks booked.
Security deposit $10,000.
Cleaning fee $350.
Prepay 50% of base rate at the time of contract. Balance of base rent plus security and cleaning fee is due 60 days prior to arrival or in full if arriving within 60 days.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $10,000
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: San Diego Airport at 20 Miles
- Nearest Train: Solana Beach Train Station at 3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Del Mar at 0.75 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Pacifica Del Mar - The Del Mar Plaza at 0.56 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Torrey Pines Golf Course at 4.9 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Il Fornaio, Pacifica, Rendezvous, Sbicca, LAuberge at 0.64 Miles
Why Del Mar:
This home is brand new with construction completed summer of 2012.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This beautiful home is nestled in the Del Mar hills with unbeatable panoramic ocean and lagoon views. It is located less than 2 miles from the Del Mar Racetrack, 1 mile from the beach, and 5 miles from Torrey Pines Golf Course.
- Primary: 858-775-1872
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Beautiful Tuscan architecture.
Open floor plan.
Spread from San Diego Home and Gardens. Entry way leads into living room.
Deck off of the living room. Walls disappear as floor to ceiling glass doors slide away.
Sizable lawn area in back yard and large hot tub partially set in-ground.
Master ensuite with Jacuzzi jetted tub.
Ocean views everywhere!
Sunset views from master bedroom deck.
Kitchen area with island and table seating.
Formal dining table in large open living room.
Spread from San Diego Home and Gardens. Dining table and staircase to master.
Spread from San Diego Home and Gardens. Dine outdoors under the Sycamore tree.
Fire Pit with San Dieguito Lagoon view.
Endless ocean views from master bedroom.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, March 13, 2014
4 Bedroom / 4.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.