Bodega Bay is Your Backyard...
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bodega Bay cottage description
Gull Cottage is an old fisherman’s cottage that narrowly escaped the wrecking ball. Thankfully, it was rescued by some folks who had great respect for the history of this small fishing village. They renovated it, added all the modern conveniences, but left the period look and feel of the old structure. From the living room, dining area, deck and hot tub, you can sit and watch the fishing boats go by. A wide variety of birds make their homes in our Cypress trees. The waters and bay flats below the cottage provide food for sandpipers, kingfishers, herons, egrets, pelicans, cormorants and more. On any given day you might spot an osprey diving for fish, sea lions and harbor seals gliding through the calm waters, or a pair of playful sea otters teasing the gullible gulls…all without budging from your chair. Gull Cottage is a charmingly decorated two bedroom (with one queen bed and one twin) one bath hideaway. It comfortably accommodates a maximum of three adults. There is a fully equipped kitchen, dining area, and living room. All have stunning views of the bay, marinas, and Bodega Head, but there's WiFi, a television and DVD player...just in case. Outside, the private redwood deck is a perfect spot to sip a glass (or two) of your favorite wine and watch the magnificent sunset. If you're thinking you'd rather relax in the spa, don't worry. You can see the sunset from there, too! Gull Cottage is located just off Hwy 1 in the historic Village district of Bodega Bay, within walking distance of gift shops, restaurants, grocery stores/delicatessens and wine boutique.
- Vacation Rental
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 3, Beds for 3
- Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Library
Location & View
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Bodega Bay is known worldwide for scenic beauty, diverse wildlife (it's one of the top birding destinations) and of course as the location for Alfred Hitchcock's classic film 'The Birds'. A wealth of wineries are less than an hour's drive through lovely countryside. Book a tour or design your own and hire a limousine. Why not throw in a hot air balloon ride over the vineyards? For your dining pleasure, a wide variety of restaurants are accessible by foot or car. 'Wine Surfing' at nearby Gourmet au Bay is a must-do on a sunny afternoon. Horseback rides along the sea cliffs are but a short drive from Bodega Bay. Local outfitters offer kayak lessons and rentals, whale watching and sportfishing in season. For a truly unique experience, visit Osmosis Sanctuary and Spa nearby in Freestone and enjoy a cedar enzyme bath and pagoda massage. Spend quiet time before or after in their meditation garden surrounded by boulders, stone pathways, ponds and indigenous flora. Or simply kick back in front of the large picture window and watch the Osprey, Pelicans and Terns dive for fish. You're likely to see Sea Lions, Harbour Seals and even River Otters as well. And the sunsets are something to be savored....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Fell in love...Guest comment entered by manager
Fell in love...
The place was absolutely fantastic. It is very clean and quite honestly, the wonderful pictures do not really do it justice. I loved it from the minute we walked in. Thank you so much. I think I fell in love all over again in your place.
- Guest Keith
- Date of stay 03/28/11
- Review Submitted 10/30/12
WonderfulGuest comment entered by manager
... the cottage was truly wonderful--we had a lovely time there.
- Guest Laurel
- Date of stay 03/24/12
- Review Submitted 10/30/12
Home away from homeGuest comment entered by manager
Home away from home
I had a wonderful stay at your cottage. It was comfortable and charming as well. You have done a very nice job making it home away from home.
- Guest Susan
- Date of stay 08/14/12
- Review Submitted 10/30/12
Cozy Bodega Bay Cottage
Cozy Bodega Bay Cottage
This property is pretty much as advertised, comfortable and right on the bay. The cottage was very clean, very private, and close to all of what BB has to offer. The views from the living room are fantastic and there is always something going on in the water. We watched seals and sea lions chasing fish right in front of the cottage. With the windows open we could hear the gulls, seal lions and fog horns. Really gave you a sense of being on the water. The check in procedure was extremely easy and both the owner and local agency were great to deal with during our booking.
- Guest Lance S. (Murrieta, CA)
- Date of stay 08/24/12
- Review Submitted 08/28/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+.
$541.15/2 nts includes all applicable taxes $222.00/nt additional nights, includes all applicable taxes 15% rate increase may be applied during certain holiday periods. Discounts available for stays of more than 5 nights.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: SFO, OAK at 80 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Larkspur (to downtown San Francisco) at 53 Miles
- Nearest Train: San Francisco at 67 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 101 Freeway at 30 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Doran at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Sandpiper Restaurant at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Bodega Harbour Golf Links at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Sandpiper Restaurant at 0.25 Miles
Why Bodega Bay:
My family and I have always loved Bodega Bay. Most of them live in northern California now, so rather than visiting each of them separately, I got into the habit of renting a place in Bodega Bay so everyone could come here to be together When this old fisherman's cottage came on the market I jumped on the opportunity to finally have my own little place. The location, right on the bay and in the historic part of the village, made it an obvious choice for me. I can walk to restaurants, grocery stores, the post office, my favorite wine bar. I can sit for hours just watching the wildlife, the fishing boats...all from my window. If I feel like a drive, I'm less than an hour from gorgeous vinyards and wineries, from historical towns like Santa Rosa, Sebastopol and Petaluma. An hour's drive puts me in downtown San Francisco. And of course Bodega Bay itself is a small, close community. Even though I'm not there year-around, I still feel very much a part of it, and have made some good friends that I look forward to seeing a couple of times a year.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
In Gull Cottage, you truly feel a part of what created and what sustains Bodega Bay as a community. It's a completely different experience than if you were to stay in one of the newer houses on the golf course. Seeing the wildlife so up close and personal, you are reminded of the thriving Native American culture that once called this area home. Watching the fishing boats go out and return with their catch, gazing down on what was once the local creamery (and during Prohabition a bootleg operation) it's easy to believe that Bodega Bay was given its name because it was a ship's store. Gull Cottage has stunning views from nearly every room, surrounding you with the very essence of Bodega Bay.
Links to more information:
Late afternoon, overlooking the old creamery and out to Bodega Head.
The sunny master Bedroom, with queen bed, rocker & ottoman.
Favorite bedroom of many guests! Dresser, antique oak desk, swivel chair
Ahhhh...the spa! Open to the views, but nicely secluded.
Morning at Gull Cottage
Cheery kitchen, with propane stove, dishwasher, BIG fridge and good cookware!
Sweet bathroom!Large tub and multi-spray shower head. Bay view from tall window.
View of Porto Bodega from hot tub.
Sunset over Porto Bodega, from Gull Cottage living room
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 09, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.