'Southern Comfort on the Water!' (55+ Active Adult Community)
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
What you should know about our luxury getaway waterfront canal home. 'It is Pristine.'
This beautiful 3 bedroom split plan home is bright and spacious. The architectural floor plan focuses on the back of our property facing the canal waterway. The Great room has reclining leather couches and matching reclining love seat for your comfort. Ceiling fans adorn our cathedral ceilings throughout our home. The focal point is watching a 52” flat screen TV and DVD located above a beautiful remote controlled slate stone gas fireplace. A central stereo system with a multiple CD exchanger plays with controlled speaker through several rooms and on the lanai. Flowing from the Great Room into the Dining area is a beautiful cherrywood dining table with seating for 6 and matching server and a gorgeous chandelier. Double sliding glass doors which opens to the lanai looking over the water. The Kitchen has ceramic floors which flows into a walk-in pantry. All new stainless steel appliances, flat top stove, dishwasher, side by side refrigerator with water/ice on door and microwave. All the pots and pans, dishes, utensils, blender, popcorn maker, everything but the chef on duty. The large Master bedroom has a king size bed, flat screen TV, walk in closet with double doors entering the large master bath. The Master bath has ceramic tile floors, a sit down shower stall and a his and her sink. Hair dryer is stationed on her side of the sink area. Bedroom 2 has two single style beds or 1 king when put together, and large walk in closet. Bedroom 3 is decorated as a Den with a couch which opens to a queen size pull out, flat screen TV and walk in closet. Both bedrooms share a full bath with bathtub and single vanity with hair dryer stationed on wall. Our Utility room with ceramic flooring, super size washer and dryer has a utility door opening to the end of the lanai. The best for last is the screened in Lanai which is 15’ x 50’ the length of our home with ceramic tile floors. The porch furniture includes a couch and 2 comfy chairs. One huge relaxing swing and a dinette set seating for 6, and 2 out door ceiling fans. Located on the stoop is a stainless steel gas grill. Oh, by the way, there is a eight seat built in spa waiting for you to relax in. Looking out your screened lanai you will see our beautiful canal and our Boathouse available with a joining large deck 16’ x 20’ with gorgeous palm trees. The Boathouse can handle a 20’ Pontoon or boat. You can enjoy an excursion on your boat from the backyard canal which connects to Lake Harris, Eustis and Dora Lakes and as far to Silver Springs which leads to International waterways. The Lakes are part of the “Seven Chain Lakes”. There is a community boat ramp just around the corner from our home. The peacefulness, rest and relaxation can be accomplished with a cool drink and taking in the lovely tranquil canal full of wildlife entertainment.
- Vacation Rental
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
All new stainless steel appliances, flat top stove, dishwasher, side by side refrigerator with water/ice on door and microwave. All the pots and pans, dishes, utensils, blender, popcorn maker, everything included, but the chef himself....moreless
- Gas Fireplace:
- Linens Provided:
- Satellite / Cable:
- CD Player
Pool & Spa
Lanai / Gazebo:
The best for last is the screened in lanai which is 15’ x 50’ which is the length of our home with ceramic tile floors. The porch furniture includes a couch and 2 comfy chairs. One huge relaxing swing and a dinette set seating for 6 and 2 out door ceiling fans....moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Freshwater Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Water Tubing
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Jet Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Recreation Center
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Winery Tours
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Our friendly quaint Active Adult Community offers a beautiful quaint Clubhouse, community pool with spa jets, shuffle board, library, billiards, craft classes and much more. There is a monthly calendar activities that is delivered at your door. It is great to meet friendly folks where you share lots in common from different parts of the country. We have enjoyed being invited to different friends homes for picnics, dinner, or just a drink and share some of life's stories and adventures. Our unique home is in a peaceful Active 55+ Adult Community on a canal tucked between the Chain of Lakes in beautiful Lake County in Central Florida, near Orlando/Disney area. Disney, Universal, Sea World and many other Orlando attractions are just approximately 35 minuets or so away. The beaches less than 2 hours to either coast. Our area offers all the activities the beautiful state of Florida has to offer, yet our home is comfortably away from the crowds. Lake County offers a multitude of options of those who love the out doors, boating, fishing piers, parks, invigorating biking trails, tranquil walk trails,festivals, craft shows and many more. Just minutes away are shopping malls, movie theaters, play house theaters,, numerous restaurants, grocery stores, churches, golf courses, and a new state-of-the-art full service medical facility. We are also nestled between very popular towns, Mount Dora, Leesburg, Tavares and The Village to name a few. Folks from all over the country visit the enjoyable amenities that the area has to offer. Historical Mount Dora only minuets away which is a paradise for quaint eateries and fine dining and open Pubs. The quaint town with cobblestone streets, is the Antique capital of Florida for sought-after antiques. Throughout the year, there are plays at the IceHouse Theatre, concerts and recitals and wonderful festivals of music and Art and Crafts. Take a cruise on The Dora Canal which connects to our canal right to our home. You will go back in time which remains the same as it was more that 100 years ago. The Mount Dora excursion train makes a round-trip run to Tavares where our home is back to Mount Dora. You will enjoy lovely views of the lake, tropical foliage and wildlife from it’s open window coaches. The Villages of Lady Lakes is just approximately 25 minuets from our home, which is a mega 55+ Community. There are two Town Squares with shopping and delicious restaurants which is open to the public to enjoy the amenities. Each Town Square is open seven days a week, with entertainment, dancing, music which plays Rock & Roll, Jazz, Blues, Country and Swing. We love going impressive Rialto Theatre when going to the movies. Your Airports are Orlando Int'l Airport: 40 min. approximately; Sanford Int'l Airport, 30 min. approximately ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Winter Months - October 2012 to April 2013 $2500 a month. $1000 Security Deposit and $100 Cleaning fee. Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice. 10% Sales Tax May thru September weekly rates $1200, 10% Sales Tax, and $75 Cleaning Fee. We accept Credit Card (service fee of $5.00)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We looked for an established quaint 55+ Active Adult Community and want to be on the water connected to the 'Seven Chain Lakes. Centrally located to Orlando, Mount Dora and the Villages. What a wonderful place we found right in the middle of many options to pick from. Our new home was purchased in December 2006 and would be a second home and looking to eventually in a few years move in for our retirement home. In the mean time we can not be there as much as we would love to, so we would like to share our beautiful home with you!
Why the Owner Chose Tavares:
The Property offers what folks would desire in a 55+ Active Adult Community! We spend all our time on the lanai enjoying the beautiful peaceful tranquility being on the canal waterway. There is lots of beauty and wildlife entertainment before your eyes. Refreshing therapy in the Jacuzzi Spa built in the lanai deck the private back yard surrounded by gorgeous lush palm trees and landscaping while listening to your favorite stereo music. Best of all is the nice folks that live here are so friendly. We have made lots of friends that have the same interests. This is the only type of community we would live in, 'Active Adult Community'!
- Primary: +1 352-346-7208 Look Forward to talk with you! Just ask for BJ
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Sunset on Southern Comfort on the Water!
Great room with reclining leather couches and matching reclining love seat!
Open floor plan!
New Stainless steel appliances
Bed room 2 has a day bed which opens to a king size bed or two twin beds.
Roomy Utility Room with super size Washer and Dryer!
The covered spa and full Lanai Area!
Slice of Heaven!
Enjoy fishing on our large Deck 16’ x 20’ with gorgeous palm trees.
Around the corner from our home is the Community Boat Lunch!
Clubhouse heated pool, Screen with jets
Lush Pavers,wrapping around to boat dock adorned with Hollies trees.
52" Flat screen TV, Stone Slate Gas Fireplace Central Stereo System and DVD Play
Dining area with cherrywood dining table seating for 6 with matching Server!
Bright and Spacious!
Master bedroom has a king size bed, flat screen TV, walk in closet.
Bed Room 3 decorated Den with flat screen TV and walk-in-closet.
Screened in Lanai which is 15' x 50' which is the length of our home!
This is what I'm talking about! Cheers!
Boathouse can handle a 20’ Pontoon or boat!
On the Canal Waterway!
Community Clubhouse with full kitchen and dining area!
Lets play! There is a joining building that has mini Library.
Setting in the back on the Canal with 4 lush Palm Trees!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013