A Perfect Central London Vacation Home for Families!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Southwark apartment description
The Southwark Maroon Apartment is a 699 square foot, 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom dwelling, located in a relatively new, well-built complex. This property is on the 1st floor of the building.
The living room is tastefully decorated, with a dining table, six chairs, and two sofas. For entertainment, there's also a flat-screen television, a DVD player, an MP3-compatible stereo, and high-speed internet access without restrictions as to the amount of data transfer taken place.
Both bedrooms boast Queen-sized beds, with quality mattresses, bedding, and linen, to ensure a good night's rest.
-South Bank, a significant arts and entertainment district, is only a short walk away.
-The Old Vic, a historic theatre that was established in 1818, is just 2 minutes by foot from the apartment.
-The Anchor & Hope, a wonderful, local gastropub, is 5 minutes away.
-The London Eye, which is Europe's tallest ferris wheel and the most popular paid tourist attraction in the United Kingdom, is only a short walk away.
-The Design Museum, famed for being the alleged first museum of modern design, is also in the area.
-Shakespeare's Globe, a reconstruction of the burned-down Globe Theatre, is one of London's best playhouses.
-Trafalgar Square, a public space that is often used for political demonstrations and community gatherings, is near to the apartment.
-Big Ben, the great bell of the clock at the north end of the famed Palace of Westminster, is just across the river.
YOU WILL ADORE THIS APARTMENT!
We boast a free high-speed (WiFi) internet connection, a telephone (for incoming calls only), a television, and all other modern conveniences.
The apartment will be stocked with coffee (instant), tea, sugar, milk pottles (UHT), oil, salt and pepper. The bathrooms will be stocked with soap, shower gel, toilet paper, and detergents for the washing machine (clothes) and the dishwasher.
Standard household items include a coffee plunger, a clothes iron and ironing board, a hair dryer, and a clothes drying horse.
All linen is provided, including all bedding and blankets and towels for the bathrooms.
Both bedrooms are doubles and come furnished with double bed, duvet, and duvet cover. The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with its own shower, basin, and toilet. Both bedrooms have double glazed windows and very well sound insulated floors. Overall, the rooms are very light, airy, and have a clean, crisp décor, with ample space and a comfortable, quiet aura, to ensure a good night's rest.
The apartment has two bathrooms; one being an ensuite to the master bedroom. Both bathrooms have a modern finish with sleek cream tiles and contemporary features and fittings. They're fully stocked with soaps, shower gels, shampoo, and conditioner. We also provide ample linen, towels, and toilet paper for your stay.
We can also provide a cleaning service if you wish (see extra services below). For a small fee, we will clean your entire apartment and provide fresh linen and towels.
FLOOR PLANS AND BROCHURES
We have packed brochures and information guides available that we can send you, which will aid in you making a confident, informed decision. Please just e-mail our booking team to get them.
INDUSTRY-LEADING CUSTOMER SERVICE
We have the best customer service in the industry! Just e-mail us and see - our booking team awaits! They can both let you know about our current specials, and answer any questions you may have about London.
We do not always update our availability; please contact us to confirm our available dates. We are more than happy to answer any queries you have.
NO HIDDEN FEES - EVER!
Please contact our booking team for a personalized quote for your coming visit to London!
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Limited Accessibility
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
- Double Beds (2), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Linens Provided
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Sight Seeing
- Medical Services
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Southwark is a district of south London, England, and the administrative headquarters of the London Borough of Southwark. Situated 1.5 miles (2.4 km) east of Charing Cross, it forms one of the oldest parts of London and fronts the River Thames to the north. It historically formed an ancient borough in the county of Surrey, made up of a number of parishes, which increasingly came under the influence and jurisdiction of the City of London. As an inner district of London, Southwark experienced rapid depopulation during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It is now at an advanced stage of regeneration and is the location of the City Hall offices of the Greater London Authority. During the early Middle Ages, Southwark developed and was one of the four Surrey towns which returned Members of Parliament for the first commons assembly in 1295. An important market occupied the High Street from some time in the 13th century, which was controlled by the City's officers—it was later removed in order to improve traffic to the Bridge, under a separate Trust by Act of Parliament of 1756 as the Borough Market on the present site. The area was renowned for its inns, especially The Tabard, from which Chaucer's pilgrims set off on their journey in The Canterbury Tales. In 1599, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre was erected on the Bankside in the Clink Liberty, though it burned down in 1613. A modern replica, also called the Globe, has been built near the original site. Southwark was also a favourite area for entertainment such as bull and bear-baiting. The impressario in the later Elizabethan period for these entertainments was Shakespeare's colleague Edward Alleyn, who left many local charitable endowments, most notably Dulwich College. In common with much of the south bank of the Thames, The Borough has seen extensive regeneration in the last decade. Declining light industry and factories have given way to residential development, shops, restaurants, galleries and bars. The area is in easy walking distance of the City and the West End. As such it has become a major business centre with many national and international corporations, professional practices and publishers locating to the area. The massive supertall skyscraper, London Bridge Tower, nicknamed 'The Shard' is under construction at London Bridge Station. To the north is the River Thames, London Bridge station and Southwark Cathedral. Borough Market is a well-developed visitor attraction and has grown in size. The adjacent units have been converted and form a gastronomic focus for London. Borough High Street runs roughly north to south from London Bridge towards Elephant and Castle. The Borough runs further to the south than realised; both St George's Cathedral and the Imperial War Museum are within the ancient boundaries, which border nearby Lambeth. The Borough is generally an area of mixed development, with council estates, major office developments, social housing and high value residential gated communities side by side with each other....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Our accomodations were excellentGuest comment entered by owner
Our accomodations were excellent
We had a very pleasant stay at the letting. My daughter and I were greeted with flowers and fruit. This was a nice touch. The letting was clean and served our proposes well. We had a group of 5 and found this flat to be perfect. We were able to have friends over at night and had plenty of room for entertaining. The service that we received was friendly and warm. We will be returning and will definelty contact you again. Thank you for your help.
- Guest Melinda
- Date of stay 10/24/12
- Review Submitted 12/10/12
Winter Indicative: £135 per night Spring Indicative: £192 per night Summer Indicative: £212 per night Autumn Indicative: £173 per night These prices are only approximations, and subject to wide fluctuations. We encourage all prospective guests to formally enquire, where they'll be given a quote that is specific to their upcoming trip to London.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: WHO ARE BOUTIQUE LONDON LETS? Our mission is to provide luxurious and spacious hotel-quality accommodations, set within the comfort and the convenience of centrally-located London apartments. As with luxury hotels, our apartments can be booked for 2-nights, 7-nights, 28-nights, even more, or anything in between. We cater primarily to tourist groups and families, though we have also had many successful short-to-medium term corporate lets. Why us? Simply, our apartments provide more amenities, more space, and more overall comfort than a comparable hotel - and we're able to offer better rates! The fully-functioning kitchens, comfortable lounge rooms, and quality bedding & linen that our apartments boast allow you to enjoy London without compromising on lifestyle. To experience London in first-class surroundings, please contact us at any time for queries or bookings.
Why the Owner Chose Southwark:
This property is for you if you're looking for something that's very contemporary, modern, and centrally-located. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and nearly 700 square feet of space, in a building with lift access, also make it a very ideal place for families.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
-Can accommodate up to 5 persons -Lift access -Very modern decor & furnishings
- Primary: +44 08456800679
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, August 04, 2013