270* - Ocean View Sunrise & Sunset on Private Gated Estate - Hot Tub
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:10 nights
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Enjoy stunning panoramic ocean, coastline, Channel Island, & mountain views at this relaxing gated estate, especially at sunrise and sunset. This uniquely situated home is located in the foothills of the Las Padres National Forest in Santa Barbara and in the Riviera Estates area of Santa Barbara on 1.3 acres of nature and nearby walking and biking trails, you'll enjoy secluded privacy in a beautiful setting.
The indoors and outdoors seamlessly merge into one with large wrap-around decking surrounded by warm sunshine and cool shade of Coastal Live Oaks & citrus trees. Several outside dining, relaxation wild and lush gardens, outdoor combo water-fire pit, peaceful waterfalls and koi pond, wildlife, and more add to the peaceful retreat.
A private or shared starlit hot tub has a fabulous ocean view. Sunrise, hang-gliders, colorful sunsets, stargazing, a full moon shimmering over the ocean, and sparkling evening lights of the canyons and coastlines of Santa Barbara, Montecito and beyond offer free entertainment. You'll never want to leave this peaceful sanctuary.
This is the perfect retreat for a small private destination wedding, romantic, private, creative or family getaway. Within 10 minutes or less, enjoy the ocean, harbor, lively restaurants, arts and culture venues, downtown street scene, beaches, shopping, public and private gardens, the historic Santa Barbara Mission, and much more, yet a world apart at your Pacific Peace Retreat Home.
This NEW! listing discusses the benefits of renting the 2 bedroom house within the gated estate. With a 5 night minimum fee at $549/night. Multi-week and monthly stays are discounted. (+ tax/fees) as noted in the on-line Rates range.
Enjoy stunning ocean, coastline, Channel Island and garden views from virtually every interior and exterior space on 1.3 acres. The main 2 bedroom/2 bath home (est 1600 sf) has vaulted ceilings, many French glass doors and windows opening to views and decks. Both bedrooms in the main house have a private exterior entry, private ensuite bath), desks, luxury king bed(master) and queen bed (guest) sleep systems and lush linens. The full living room with fireplace and 55' LED TV, dining room (for 6 + space for more), full kitchen with breakfast bar.
The peaceful setting also includes access to the outdoor hot tub and multiple decks overlooking the ocean, canyon, mountains, gardens, plus gas BBQ, koi pond, waterfall, fountains, fire-pit, up to 3 deck heaters, up to 3 umbrellas, up to 2 bicycles, beach chairs, laundry facilities and much more (even access to a nearby health club with pool).
The hot tub is accessed from the deck near the guest cottage. Unless both units are rented together, or with exclusive use privileges if available at additional fee, guests are expected to show mutual respect for privacy, especially in the rare instance of other rental guests on-site concurrently, desiring to use the hot tub on occasion.
All this is just minutes from parks, biking and hiking trails and local Montecito and Santa Barbara villages, plus nearby wine country. The contemporary indoor space and outdoor living effortlessly merge into an idyllic backdrop and oasis for the ultimate Santa Barbara getaway. You will need a car for convenience (free private parking provided at your rental).
'Amazing Ocean View Cottage Paradise (vrbo.com/428679) is detached, also within the gated estate, and may be available as a separate rental or combined with the main 2 bedroom home rental for additional space. You can rent either (or both at a discount when available and rented together). Questions about renting both, or either for an extended stay or possible luxury house swap, contact the owner/host.
- 1600 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Limited Accessibility:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Master has a King bed. Guest bedroom has Queen bed. . Hypoallergenic luxury linens, robes, down comforter & pillows, (1) extra queen double-decker air bed available. This listing (430881) can be combined with a detached cottage also on property - listing 428679, which has a king bed + bath, LR, DR, & Kitchenette ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Master bath is marble tile.
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Catering Available:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Gas Fireplace
- Stunning views of Pacific Ocean, coastline, Channel Islands, hiking parks and mountains throughout Santa Barbara, Montecito and far beyond.. Truly remarkable estate location, like Tuscany but with ocean views. Lots of decks and many 6' wide glass doors and windows for seamless indoor/outdoor living. Koi pond, waterfalls, rural setting, adjacent hiking parks, great bicycling on level bench area as well as mountainous area. Hangliding and parasailing groups land in park below. Gated estate in highly desirable area, very private, whether one or both listings (430881 or 428679) are rented. Perfect for a week, a month or more. May be combined with detached cottage @ extra cost. Owners retired from AAA-4 Diamond luxury adventure spa resort in Alaska. This listing is a great destination for anonymity, discerning travelers and relaxation with spectacular views. Unhosted, self-serviced, self-catered. Optional hospitality by firepit at sunset. Frequent & Referral Rewards Program...moreless
- Shared Hot Tub:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Wireless Internet:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
Amazing 270 degree views of the Pacific Ocean, Channel Islands and coastline. Avoid the coastal fog at the beach. At 750' most times you'll be above the coastal fog, with blue skies in your horizon....moreless
- Water View:
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Medical Services
- Rock Climbing
- Equestrian Events
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Fly Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Jet Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Roller Blading
- Surf Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Water Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Fitness Center
- Whale Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- If you want to be close to everything, yet away from the crowds, you will enjoy the quiet, privacy, and relaxation that discerning travelers need; and you'll find it here at this private gated estate in Santa Barbara. Year round sunshine, spectacular ocean views and laid-back luxury are all compelling reasons to stay here at Pacific Peace Cottage in Santa Barbara, the American Riviera. Unlike a typical ‘neighborhood’, these multi-acre Riviera estates are in the scenic foothills of the Las Padre mountains, between where the mountains meet the sea. The expansive 270 degree ocean, mountain and coastal views are unparalleled in this area of Santa Barbara and specifically at this estate. To help you enjoy your stay, your In-Room Guest Guide provides you with Insider Tips, as well as discount coupons or passes for a variety of attractions, festivals, wineries, dining, fitness centers and more. All of the key attractions in Santa Barbara and Montecito are nearby and just a few minute drive from your private retreat. Bicycles, beach chairs, BBQ, etc are all available on-site. Explore the nearby unique and world-famous Lotusland Gardens, Santa Barbara Botanic Gardens, Santa Barbara Museum of Art, Santa Barbara Natural History Museum, Harbor and Maritime Museum, Santa Barbara Zoo, Old Mission Santa Barbara, El Presidio de Santa Barbara Historic State Park, Santa Barbara Wharf and Pier, Ty Warner Sea Center, Downtown/State Street scene, wine culinary extravaganza and performing arts, UCSB to name just a few. Experience the lively Farmers Markets and unique world-class shopping available throughout Santa Barbara and Montecito Village. Montecito attractions include the country club, Westmont College, the charming village shops. Enjoy al fresco lunch in the courtyards of Paseo Nuevo, a charming outdoor mall downtown SB and La Cumbra Center on upper end of State St. as well as Upper and Lower Village shopping areas in Montecito. Golfing? Enjoy a game of golf at any of the many public golf courses, including the spectacular Sandpiper golf course overlooking the Pacific Ocean, known as the poor man's Pebble Beach. It also has great lessons for improving your long and short games at a great price. Tennis anyone? This is a perfect location for a game of tennis at the nearby Santa Barbara Tennis Club, complete with swimming pool. You can rent a membership during your stay, or enjoy any of the public courts nearby. Whale watching, sunset cruises, dinner cruising, sailing, surfing, SUPing, kayaking, paragliding over the ocean, jet-skis and yachting are popular and just minutes away. Lessons and rentals are available. The harbor, wharf and beach are great destinations for water sports as well as dining and walking. The heated outdoor swimming pool by the waterfront is wonderful as well. Of course you can borrow any of our beach chairs and umbrella to enjoy a picnic on the beach. Santa Barbara is a cultural icon for the visual and performing arts. There is always something special happening in town. The local calendar is filled with dozens of events – enough to keep you coming back for more. Santa Barbara is a foodie & wine heaven. From casual to fine dining, explore the best with the freshest ingredients, perfectly paired with local and world-class wines. Fresh fish from the Pacific Ocean is offered in many restaurants. Mexican food is a popular favorite as well. Enjoy wine tasting at the many local wineries, as well as those in nearby wine country including Los Olivos, Santa Ynez, Solvang and more. We provide tips on our favorites. If you will be staying during the first Thursday Art Gallery Walk each month, the Sunday art and craft show, or any of the many festivals throughout the year in Santa Barbara, you'll be amazed at the dynamic energy and creativity. Popular Festivals include the star-studded Santa Barbara International Film Festival, Old Spanish Days Fiesta, Summer Solstice Parade and festival, Harbor and Seafood Festival, Vitner's Festival, Food Festivals, Earth Day Festival and so much more. Live music at the Music Academy of the West, the Santa Barbara Bowl, and the many other local venues provide a diversity of music enjoyment from professional classical, opera, choral, symphony, jazz, blues, rock, and more world-reknown professional musicians. Nearby you will also find many health inspired destinations, including spas, aesthetic and beauty salons as well as the nearby and successful Issel Integrated Oncology Treatment clinic, Cottage Hospital, fitness, yoga and meditation centers, and much more. This gated estate area is very popular for bicycling (loans available), paragliding & hang-gliding (which provide lessons and land in the park below us), hiking (adjacent and nearby), watching wildlife and soaring hawks, enjoying nature, birding (hundreds on site), all with space and freedom to roam. There are dozens of trails in adjacent and nearby parks. Come, enjoy your luxurious peaceful retreat overlooking the ocean. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
10 night min stay
Sep 1 - Oct 20
10 night min stay
Discounts: 11 nights or more $499 nightly, 12 nights or more $349 nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Stays of 31+ nights are exempt from the local 12% transient occupancy tax that otherwise applies to all lodging rentals in Santa Barbara. Contact 805-637-2382 or email@example.com for a corrected seasonally discounted monthly rate quote which excludes 12% tax, and for rates for multiple-month stays. 7-10 night minimum is standard; 2 week minimum in august.
- Departure cleaning fee: $200 + tax
- Property Damage Protection: $89
- Tax Rate 12%
Smoke and pet free environment. Peaceful restorative retreat appeals to mature adults and well behaved families. Tax is waived on stays over 30 days and there is a substantial discount. In these cases call for revision of invoice and alternate processing of payment.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway's most secure form of payment.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
- Nearest Airport: Santa Barbara Airport at 12 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: East Beach at 2.3 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Many at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mammoth at 200 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Montecito & Santa Barbara at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Many at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: Looking for a place to test retirement or enjoy a vacation or healing retreat? This gated private estate, Pacific Peace, in Santa Barbara is Paradise!. Steve and Diane recently retired from 35 years in Juneau, Alaska after an extensive career in Hospitality, Travel and Law. Santa Barbara won over our hearts and provides a healthy new lifestyle full of culture and new friends - oh and year round sunshine as well!
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes:
This property is truly Paradise. We looked and many hundreds of homes nationally and internationally before selecting this restorative and fun retreat destination.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
The peaceful sounds of the ponds, fountains and waterfalls compliment the garden wildlife and the deep blue ocean views. Every time we travel, we realize why we chose this location and are ever so grateful that, as usual, things work out exactly like they are supposed to in life, even when we didn't plan to live here. Serendipity!
- Primary: +1 805-637-2382
- Secondary: +1 805-637-6236
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Watch hangliders land in Parma Park with Pacific Ocean + Channel Island views
Living Room with fireplace, large flat screen TV, with conversation seating
Breakfast Bar and kitchen with Sub-Zero fridge and Dacor gas stove
Master bedroom views of water features & ocean, birds & frogs singing & Sunset!
Guest Bedroom has private entry, deck and bath.
Attached Master Bath marble shower with view of ocean, large vanity area.
Ocean View Dining area off rear deck in garden
Perfect location to watch ocean view sunset on Master Bedroom deck
Waterfall gardens invite wildlife. Paths guide you through the beauty
Full laundry - may be shared with one other unit.
Welcome to your Pacific Peace Home, your restorative and fun retreat
Living room opens to huge deck overlooking Pacific Ocean & Islands
Dining area for 6 & bar for 2 opens to huge deck with more dining areas for 8.
Hall leads to all rooms, gardens, parking. Door is architectural carved brass.
View of master bedroom from rear deck with combined water fountain-gas fireplace
Guest room deck with water view & private entrance
Relax in the starlit hot tub overlooking the ocean & gardens. Spa towels avail.
Waterfall, gardens, deck and fire-water gas fireplace
Cozy up by the fire as you watch the birds, sunset, waterfall and enjoy a drink.
Koi pond on main house deck between cottage and main house, overlooking ocean
Bicycles and basketballs/hoop, plus beach chairs, umbrellas & more to borrow
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013