Very Comfortable Country House, Well Equipped, Close to Siena (4 Mi)
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Castelnuovo Berardenga villa description
Splendid 18th century mansion with typical Sienese architecture. It is situated next to the historical village of Basciano. The house position is ideal because one reaches the Chianti region in a few minutes or can enjoy the culture and convenience of the city of Siena. Siena offers many traditional events and is situated only 6 km away. The mansion is surrounded by a garden with oak-trees, linden-trees, cypresses and a terrace full of many Mediterranean plants, where one can relax and have a pleasant stay outside.
The swimming-pool is 6m x12 m and is situated on a terrace with pergola. From the terrace there is an excellent view of the hills including, woods and fields.
The estate is situated at an altitude of 350 m above sea level. The climate is usually full of sunshine with a light breeze.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 11-14
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Living Room seats 14
- Covered Parking
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- NOTE ON PRICES: the prices indicated are for 8 persons. Please contact me to know the other prices (from 9 to 11 + 3). The price per person is decreasing according to the number of people. For groups of 8-9 people the apartment 'Guest House' will be closed. The groups of 10-11 (+3) persons will have the three apartments at disposal. Included services: water, electricity, gas for the kitchens and the hot water. Linen and 3 sizes of towels (inc swimming pool towel) and kitchen towel. Final cleaning and change of all linen and towels (on Saturday). Welcome Pack (food, beverages) and personal hygiene package at the arrival. Garden and swimming pool maintenance. Internet ADSL Wireless. Not included services: central heating, air conditioning, payment by consume. Meals: booking possible for breakfast, lunch, dinner....moreless
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Tourist Attractions
- Medical Services
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Winery Tours
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Siena 6 km away. The property location allows a pleasant vacation in the countryside, and is a good point of reference for visiting Siena (5 miles), Florence (35 miles by the highway, which is 8 miles away), Castellina in Chianti (10 miles), Quercegrossa at 2 miles (shops, bars, post office, chemist’s, restaurant, pizzeria). Mountains, sea and lakes are 50 miles away. Thermal baths, riding-school, tennis court, mountain-bikes (to rent) in the surroundings (10-20 minutes by auto). Beautiful walks in the countryside...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Darling Spot in Tuscany
Darling Spot in Tuscany
I booked a stay at Castelnuovo Berardenga for a reunion with 10 friends, and we had a wonderful time! The house is small but adorable. Everything was clean and well maintained, with obviously modernized plumbing and niceties like dishwashers and laundry. The owners were helpful but unobtrusive, and the location was ideal-- a quick jaunt to Siena, 20 minutes to Castellina in Chianti, easy bus or train rides to major cities. The area is beautiful-- the view from the pool, grilling under the honeysuckle on the patio, we were in heaven. Jack the terrier came to play fetch with us every day. Only negatives were some hard beds and minimal kitchen supplies, but we still got plenty of relaxation and cooked great meals for ourselves. Highly recommended! Around the area we recommend Tre Cristi for dinner in Siena, and a visit to Sant'Agnese Farm between Castellina and Poggibonsi for an unforgettable wine tasting experience. San Gimignano was a wonderful day trip (with world champion gelato).
- Guest Sarah (Maine, United States)
- Date of stay 06/01/13
- Review Submitted 06/14/13
Owner response: Dear Sarah, thanks for the nice testimony, well detailed and positive! I want to clarify, however, that your booking was concerned only two of the three apartments, and not throughout the house, which measure around 320-m3 (not counting the outside terraces and garden of over 2 hectares). I was a little surprised by your note on the kitchen supplies, as generally we receive the guests compliments on this service we give (olive oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, coffee, tea, coffee filters, etc.), and on request we can prepapare the dinners served at home, always greatly appreciated! Regarding the mattresses, they are branded "Pirelli", the most important brand in Italy for the quality, which guarantees a perfect rest.
March 31st- May 11th: 1.680 Eu, weekly for 8 persons May 11th- June 1st: 1.920 Eu, weekly for 8 persons June 1st- 29th: 2.590 Eu, weekly for 8 persons June 29th - July 13th: 3.400 Eu, weekly for 8 persons July 13th - August 31st: 3.890 Eu, weekly for 8 persons August 31st - September 14th: 2.690 Eu, weekly for 8 persons September 14th- 28th: 2.470 Eu, weekly for 8 persons September 28th - November 2nd: 1680 Eu, weekly for 8 persons
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Primary: 00390577327208 from 9.00 am to 9.00 pm Italian hour
- Secondary: +39 3406106645 from 9.00 am to 9.00 pm Italian hour
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, August 03, 2013
5 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.