Fantastic All Year Round Family Home in the Heart of Chester
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Chester house description
There are 3 double bedrooms and a child's single bedroom plus two full baths on the upper floor. The soft wood floors and large windows mean that the rooms are light and airy even on a rainy day ! On the main floor there is lots of space with an open plan kitchen and sitting room. This means that everyone can get together to eat chat and relax together . The TV room is a separate little snug room and the sun room is a great place to curl up and read a book or snooze in the afternoon. There is a ten foot wrap around covered deck . Great for barbecues. The garden is half an acre of secluded spots and a large lawn for a game of badminton or for children to run around.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
- Queen size Beds (1), Double Beds (2), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided:
- Wood Stove:
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- We have an amazing secluded garden where children can run around freely and adults can sit and enjoy the space. As we are in the heart of the village the Yacht Club is only five minutes walk away . Nikkis Inn is two minutes walk should you want to enjoy fine dining and the Kiwi Cafe just as close for a great bowl of soup and a sandwich for lunch. The Chester Playhouse is around the corner where they present an eclectic mix of plays and shows throughout the year.If you are a golfer then Chester Golf Club is the place to be. Amazing views, delicious snacks and meals on their deck.. all just a short five minute drive. For children and adults alike there is Freda's beach and our very individual Chester Lido. The lido is an open air sea water pool where any one can enjoy a free swim after 5pm and between 12am and 1.30 during the week. The Chester Arts Centre offers courses for adults and children throughout the year.The Rope Loft Pub has fantastic views of the ocean . Chester has it all !...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Whale Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Chester is a village located on the beautiful South Shore in Nova Scotia, Canada.Our rental property is situated right in the heart of the Village, two short blocks from the vibrant Chester Yacht Club and all the great restaurants, pubs and cafes that the village has to offer. Chester is a haven for all types of artists and as such has great galleries and shops for visitors to peruse. We are an easy 60 minute drive from Halifax International Airport and 50 minutes from the eclectic city of Halifax.The village is surrounded by stunning beaches within a short drive and the UNESCO heritage town of Lunenburg is 30 minutes by car. The pace of life here on the South Shore is relaxed and welcoming. Chester is definitely the place to be if you want to get away from the 'rat race' and shift down a gear !...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
May CDN $5000 per month June CDN $5500 per month July CDN $7000 per month August CDN $7000 per month September $ $6000 per month October till May rates per month are negotiable Please call the owner to confirm payment details. Payment is by cheque/money order/bank transfer.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Halifax International Airport at 80 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Halifax at 65 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: I03 Exit 7 at 10 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Freda's Beach at 0.25 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: The Rope Loft/The Focsle Tavern at 0.15 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Martock at 65 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Chester Golf Club at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Nikkis Inn /Kiwi Cafe/ The Rope Loft/ The Focsle at 0.15 Miles
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: We moved from London UK to Chester in 2004 having bought our 100 year old house in 2003. Our daughter is now 11 years old and is lucky to have so many opportunites in our small village. Tennis, sailing and swimming in the open air lido. Art classes at the Chester Arts Centre and performing in plays at the Chester Theatre. In the winter our rink plays host to hockey, curling and ice skating. Our village has been an amazing place to live. It is vibrant and busy yet with a relaxed pace of life. We definitely feel part of a tight knit caring community. Something that living in London was not always so.
Why the Owner Chose Chester:
We chose our house as it was 100 years old with a wealth of character. It had great potential for renovation which we did with care to preserve as many of the original features as we could. The house is set in half an acre of stunning gardens which we planted ourselves. The reason we chose Chester was because it offered such a sense of community. Our house had been in the same family since it was first built and we are only the second family to own it and live in it.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The house has been our family home for eight years which is reflected in the love we have for our home. As it is an all year round home we believe that anyone who rents it will feel equally at ' home' despite it being their vacation rental. We added a ten foot wrap around deck and it has been the place of many great parties and barbecues with friends and family.The house itself is welcoming and open. We could see it's great potential as that type of house as soon as we set eyes on it in 2003. The house though is too big for just the three of us and we have purchased a smaller home as our next renovation project !
- Primary: 1 902 279 0082
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This is the front of our house
Beautiful Carters Beach. An hours drive from Chester . So worth the drive !
Thunderstorm over the harbour in Chester
View of the garden from the deck
Bathroom with walk in shower
Double Bedroom with lovely views over the garden
Sit out on the deck to enjoy your book , cup of tea or glass of wine
This is our outside covered deck ready for this year's Chester Playhouse Gala.
Carters Beach. The most beautiful unspoilt beach on the South Shore
Our deck. Perfect for barbecues and family gatherings
Living Room with views out onto the deck and garden
Double Bedroom with lovely views over the garden
Living Room with view into the open plan kitchen
Picnic table on the deck. Many a great dinner has been had here.
This is the side of the house with steps to the garden
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, September 20, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.